• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Questie v1.0 - A quest helper for vanilla

so i'm having a problem with this addon whenever i enable it, it hides my quest tracker and i can't figure out how to get it back or if this addon has any options am i missing something?

It is meant to do that, because it has its own QuestTracker. That is sort of the whole point of it. You can track quests by shift+clicking them in your log or enabling auto-quest tracking in your Interface menu.

ya i know its supposed to but when i shift+click like normal there isn't a new quest tracker. i don't see it anywhere, and are you talking about auto track in the main interface options? because i already have that checked is there some settings for this adding that i am missing?

Are you using an extremely small screen, maybe? You can go to WTF/AccountName/SavedVariables/Questie.lua und find where it says "position". There it should say something like "CENTER", 300, 300. Replace that with 0,0.
Make sure you do this while the game is closed. I will make sure to put the tracking window in the center of your screen by default in future releases.

It seems like Questie conflicts with TheoryCraft addon. When Questie is active there is no theorycraft data in spell tooltips.

And one more issue. When one takes a screenshot with interface hidden Questie's quest tracker is visible. And even if one hides all the quests the movable bar is still there. Could you fix it please? I love to make screens during the game and manually disabling questie every time I'm going to photo trees and flowers a little bit annoying.

when i was in scarlet monastery dungeon and i opened the map the questie started spamming in chat something about zone invalid reverting to default zone -1. something like that.
also minimap bugs out (?) sometimes, showing quest objectives in wrong zone.
also showing to take the quest when you already took it is annoying as hell.
using latest version

Just pushed a few fixes, you can download the latest version here now: https://github.com/AeroScripts/QuestieDev/releases/download/v1.0b/Questie-1.0m.zip

Things fixed:
- Minimap notes from other zones showing
- Quests not being trackable sometimes
- Quests will point to the finisher (distance) after they're complete
- Quests should now always stay in the tracker after you have been in the zone where their objectives are at least ONCE (there are more fixes coming)
- TrackerFrame is now much smaller and hidden on Alt+Z
- Distance should now show slightly more accurate

There are still bugs with quests sometimes showing up after you already picked them up. We're doing our best to fix this, but it's not always that easy, because Blizzard provides nothing and we have to write the whole system for it ourselves.

Can we hide the notes on the minimap ? I like to have it clean. If I need detailed informations, I prefer to look directly at the world map.

Hey. So the issue im having is:

Questie doesnt want to show progress on any of the quests, it shows 3 red dots below each quest on the tracker

It does show everything on the map & tracker works with yds.

I've tried to disable every addon except for questie and it still didnt help. Suggestions?

That would happen if it can't read Questobjectives. Possibly if you are using a client localization that isn't supported. Only enable Questie+Cartographer, see if that works. You probably have some addon modifying the questlog that ruined everything.

My suggestion here is simple: Delete WTF/AccountName/SavedVariables/Questie and WTF/AccountName/Server/Character/SavedVariables/Questie (same for cartographer), then only enable these 2 addons and see what happens.

That would happen if it can't read Questobjectives. Possibly if you are using a client localization that isn't supported. Only enable Questie+Cartographer, see if that works. You probably have some addon modifying the questlog that ruined everything.

My suggestion here is simple: Delete WTF/AccountName/SavedVariables/Questie and WTF/AccountName/Server/Character/SavedVariables/Questie (same for cartographer), then only enable these 2 addons and see what happens.

did that for account & kronos(deleted all questie & cartographer files) then i went on wow and enabled only cartographer and questie.

when i logged on i saw quests in the quest tracker. still see the red dots below each quests except for one with 3 green red dots.

I downloaded the addon from your post a few posts ago

Is the addon supposed to show those dots until you're close enough to the quests?

edit: I tried to remove the whole account folder and see what happend still the same outcome.

edit2: I tried questing and the mouse over tracking works fine however the questlog tracker thing still shows red/green 3 dots below each quest :f

Last edited:
I think I figured it out. If you scale down your UI too much, that stuff won't show anymore. Use a larger UI scale and see if that does the trick. I guess that has to be it. It's how blizzard treats string frames.

I think I figured it out. If you scale down your UI too much, that stuff won't show anymore. Use a larger UI scale and see if that does the trick. I guess that has to be it. It's how blizzard treats string frames.

lmao.

I was on a specific "ui scale" that showed those dots. smaller and bigger ui scales works.

many thanks for the help !!

Lol, vanilla wow is so fucking weird. It seriously is fucked up how broken the client can be in some aspects.
While trying to save the frame's position after you move it, I spent a good 8-10 hours just trying to figure out why my game would crash "randomly". Turns out calling the wrong functions at the wrong times just flat out crashes the client or makes them return utter bullshit.

Searing gorge.jpg

This keeps happening while running around in searing gorge as alliance, not sure what triggers it.
Hope this somehow helps.

Last edited:
Shouldn't happen in future versions (we're making big changes). It's basically an issue with Cartographer not taking coordinates bigger than 1 and somehow our coordinate system coming up with higher values than that. You'll have to be patient. 1.1 (with honestly a large amount of changes) is coming in less than a month from now (hopefully).

I haven't been able to do much work myself, but we're 3 developers on the project now, so progress is still being made at a good pace.

Everything works flawlessly for me now, had a problem with bartender clashing with it at first but managed to resolve that. Thanks for the addon.

Can you explain how you were able to do this? When I run Bartender w/ Cartographer enabled my bars are automatically reset... disabling Cart seems to fix this.

Is there any GUI for this addon or in-game command line to configure/edit the addon? Or are the settings currently not customizable?

Thanks in advance

I have HUGE fps drops > 20 lvl ...15 fps in Winterspring..when i turn it off i have 100+ FPS

how can i move the quest list? i've it in the mid of the screen, i want it under the minimap like the default position

Top Bottom