• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Questie v1.0 - A quest helper for vanilla

Hi guys ! I am new in Kronos wow vanilla :p
I am encountering some problems : I have downloaded the file, unzip it and move it (Questie-2.0.10) to my "\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns" Folder and startup worldofwarcraft and yet the addon is not running. Moreover, I haven't an addon menu...I need help ^.^

Note : this is the first addon I downloaded and tried to use.
try to enable the addon in your character list. There is no addon menu in vanilla.

Still works fine. It's not 100% perfect, rarely showing some nonsense, but maybe that's because I combined it with some Wohead database addon. But go for it, I love it :smile:

In addition, our quest helper should now be more reliable in knowing whether you have already picked up a quest and thus not clutter the map in notes.

Sorry for the off-topic question guys, but Questie is amazing, been using it for a long time now. I've recently tried WotLK, however, and the #1 feature in Questie that I love is that it shows all "Ungrabbed" quests/quest-givers on the map, and they disappear as I complete the quest. Is there ANY addon that adds this type of feature to the Blizzard Map in WotLK client?

Sorry for asking about WotLK in Vanilla thread.

I just downloaded this - and its awesome ... but one question - its showing quests Ive finished already? How do I fix this?

Hi, thx for this amazing addon! But i have following problem: whenever i hover the mouse above an mob i have an short freeze, not so long to be gamebreaking but long enough to be very anoying... i am using this addon several weeks now but this bug seems to me relatively "fresh" (1-2 Days ago), what can i do?

edit:

okay so i reinstalled and all the icons are showing, but not the hud overlay that actually contains my quests fksajhg any help? ;c

Last edited:
I just downloaded this - and its awesome ... but one question - its showing quests Ive finished already? How do I fix this?

I would like to know this as well, it shows all the quests I've already done, is there a way to make this go away?

I would like to know this as well, it shows all the quests I've already done, is there a way to make this go away?

You can manually 'finish' quests from the map.

If you however over the quest icon - question mark or exclamation mark typically - there is an option like, press CTRL+Shift+Click to complete this quest.

I think the program gets confused with chain quests of the same name. But not always.

I cannot get auto-track quests to work with Questie. It is clearly enabled in my settings, but I have to manually track quests in the quest log to get them to show in the tracker. Anyone know how to resolve this?

I cannot get auto-track quests to work with Questie. It is clearly enabled in my settings, but I have to manually track quests in the quest log to get them to show in the tracker. Anyone know how to resolve this?

Same issue here, everything else works good except for this.

Is there a way to remove all of the extra stuff from questie? Or a different addon? I just want to track nearby quests on my minimap with the ! and ?, no swords or bags or additional text on mouseover, just the ! and ? to tell me where nearby quests are. Can that be done?

the quests are in the middle of the screen, really annoying. Can't move them to the side like the normal blizz quest tracker. How do you move this shit?

I am looking for a function to reduce the distance at witch !Questie shows nodes on the minimap (much like what you can do with Gatherer). Does this exist? If not, is it something you plan on implementing at some point? Otherwise great addon! :)

the quests are in the middle of the screen, really annoying. Can't move them to the side like the normal blizz quest tracker. How do you move this shit?

Try holding Ctrl + Shift, then right-click and drag the tracker.

I have a problem when using Questie and EQL3 together. When turning in a quest, the following happens: right-click NPC --> quest log automatically skips the first "flavor text" page with the continue button (the page you see when the quest hasn't yet been completed) and goes to the 'complete quest' page. I can then complete the quest normally, but there's no way to read the flavor text of the first page.

This only happens with both Questie and EQL3 active, which means there's something fishy going on in their interaction. With only one (or neither) of them active there's no auto-skipping to reward page. I've tried changing settings like EQL3's autocomplete feature but found nothing useful. Does anyone know a solution to this? Maybe fix something in the xml/lua files?

Last edited:
First of all thank you for this addon !

Also I have a bug using Questie. Everytime I relog or /reload it makes the KTM frame move a bit. So I have to move back it each time.

I tried to lock the KTM frame in place with DiscordFrameModifier but it didnt work out as it usually does with my other addons.

Top Bottom