• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Question about a modified .exe

Do i need it if i only use headphones or 2.1 system?

I has nothing to do with headphones or the number of speakers. The modified .exe allows the game to play up to 256 sounds simultaneously. Without the modification only 12 (not sure) sounds are played at any single time. With the modified .exe you will hear all sounds that are played in any battle regardless of the number of mobs/players.

With the modified .exe you will hear all sounds that are played in any battle regardless of the number of mobs/players.

Well, up to maximum 256 of course. But that's just nitpicking, I don't know anywhere you would utilize all channels :laugh: Gonna download the modified exe when I get home to try it out!

Someone link me standard exe please.
I would recommend always making a backup of the original file before replacing it - even if you are 99 % sure you won't regret it.

You can start the Kronos torrent from here and de-select everything except WoW.exe. I think that's the fastest solution.

It's fine, I had to delete MPQ folder to be able to log on Nostalrius. Been checking what's going on there and with that MPQ darker nights folder I've been getting kicked from the server all the time. :p

It's fine, I had to delete MPQ folder to be able to log on Nostalrius. Been checking what's going on there and with that MPQ darker nights folder I've been getting kicked from the server all the time. :p

Is it possible to make a sticky in general for all the possible client mods that players can use...and just update it everytime a new one comes out? Just so new players have easy access to it. Screw it ill make it myself :D

where do i get this modified .exe for the sound? the one in the link on page 1 contained a trojan according to AVG . I don't if it was a genuine positive, but I am not taking risks.

Top Bottom