• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Question about a modified .exe

Much respect Gurky!! Im so happy you decided to pick up on this and check it out, really amazing! Im still very very scared of getting banned though, if its worth it or not etc. But while in a dungeon the difference is enormous, and raids even more so I wager.
Could we please fix this so that warden would bypass such a check for sounds? Like only this particular string of text or something? Im not to familiar with how warden works but, if even the GMs seem to think this modification is acceptable then perhaps we could make it official somehow :)

Lets say I enable this exe and somehow get banned by warden, there is no way to get me unbanned at all because Kronos cannot see what exactly warden banned me for, is this correct? How long would such a ban hold for? Permenant account ban? :O So many questions. Yet I might not even do anymore dungeons with the current 12 sounds, its so bad I cant stand it.

If you were banned it would kind of tell us but not really. It would mainly tell us that you had modded your client which could be anything. If banned the ban would be perm. Due to it being considered hacking.

I would say before using let me test it out for a week or two and ill let you know. I will also see if we can do something with it being accepted by anticheat.

Thank you so much for this Gurky! I will wait out on using it until you give us some more updates then! *Fingers crossed*

If you were banned it would kind of tell us but not really. It would mainly tell us that you had modded your client which could be anything. If banned the ban would be perm. Due to it being considered hacking.

I would say before using let me test it out for a week or two and ill let you know. I will also see if we can do something with it being accepted by anticheat.

Thank you very much for this. The reduced sounds are really annoying and make you feel like playing a really fake and poor game.

We will be waiting fo your update :)

Thank you so much! Talk about taking one for the team. I'm super stoked to try this out, looking forward to your update :)

Bump on this, been alittle over one week since Gurky's last post. Hoping for some good news *fingers crossed* :w00t:

Cool beans. I just picked up a Creative Labs soundblaster USB 5.1 card and it kicks ass over the stock Realtek sound I had from my motherboard. I'll give this a try later.

Ok, im going to use that link you provided Gurky! Here goes nothing...or everything!!!
Also, thank you so much for this, much much respect to you and I hope the nos-people using this will also acknowledge it was a Kronos GameMaster that did this for the community! :wink: GG indeed!

I'm am going to officially go ahead and give this the green light. I have tested this .exe file for over a week and have had no issues at all. So I can say it is safe to use.

Enjoy the 256 sound channels of goodness.

Here's how Warden works:

It checks specific addresses in the client's memory for a value it expects (for example, Lua protected functions). If that value isn't EXACTLY what it expects, it automatically bans the user. Easy as that.

So unless they SPECIFICALLY add a Warden check for the memory address that is modified in this WoW.exe, Warden CANNOT pick it up. Of course, you can also whitelist that specific address. That might open up for malicious activity though (unlikely, but possible).

This is the same reason that hacks modifying non-public values in memory (as in, those that you can't find all over the internet) are generally very safe - because the owners of private servers don't know about them UNLESS they do some digging to find them themselves.

I'm am going to officially go ahead and give this the green light. I have tested this .exe file for over a week and have had no issues at all. So I can say it is safe to use.

Enjoy the 256 sound channels of goodness.

so i can use it without being afraid of getting a ban ?

I really want to make a modification that turns all loot into shift-clicked loot (for auto loot all).

I have been using the sound fixed EXE for some days with no problems. Now I really feel like I'm playing WoW! :wub:

I have been using the sound fixed EXE for some days with no problems. Now I really feel like I'm playing WoW! :wub:

Totally agree! It's been an amazing imrpovement, especially in larger groups and more than one enemy around, the difference is just WoW! :yes:

Top Bottom