• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Question about Exploiting

buddhaseyes

Authorized
Heyho

I just wondered if exploiting is tolerated?

For understanding: With exploiting I mean exploring areas where players usually can´t go to. (Blinking through invisible Walls, Mountglitching, walljumping and so on). Also I am not aiming to use it in battlegrounds or Raids, I really just want to see untextured areas or zones which are not released.

On live realms, it is tolerated I think (well, I just never get any problems).

(Maybe I can get behind the history of some mysterious Islands ;))

Sorry for bad english and greetings; Buddhaseyes

You can go wherever you want using your abilities, but dont count on being able to blink through stuff. I was exploring a lot myself, for instance I went to the vendor near ZG which supposedly sells tigers at a certain hours, gotta be just a myth

It would be stupid for the Kronos team to ban someone because he's climbing Mount Ironforge or wandering into Hyjal. Even on retail it was tolerated (although officially forbidden) and almost no ban relating to this ever occured. It would simply be extremely unfair to the victim, who would then complain on the forums, which would anger the community, resulting in some people leaving on the basis of the Kronos team being despotic bureaucrats. (Not saying that they are, just that if they were to ban someone for that, they would be)

They corrected almost all the glitches and bugs that can be used to alter gameplay. It means that if you're wandering into an ''illegal'' area, you've done it legit and could have done so easily on retail. And anyway, just who the hell cares if you do something that doesn't relate to PvP or PvE, it's not like going into the Kharazan crypts (hm, without Mage blink and big mounts I don't know if it'd be doable though. Gonna have to try) will give you an unfair advantage over others. I've even gone under Stormwind on Feenix a lot of times, I never used it to do anything useful or to kill anyone (and anyway I don't think I could have, the ground's too high)

I agree with Lexendar. It doesn't hurt anyone a bit of exploration of the hidden areas. However, if it's used to exploit Battlegrounds (hiding flag) or in dungeons / raids (Skipping bosses) it must be punished no matter what.

On retail I received a account warning. I believe it was in TBC but could also have been Wotlk.
I went with my elemental shaman together with some friends to IF and into the Battleground-room. To the right there was a hole in the wall which one could wall jump up into.

From there we range-killed allies for hours.

Apparently Blizzard was angry with us for this. Pretty lame in my opinion. =)

On retail I received a account warning. I believe it was in TBC but could also have been Wotlk.
I went with my elemental shaman together with some friends to IF and into the Battleground-room. To the right there was a hole in the wall which one could wall jump up into.

From there we range-killed allies for hours.

Apparently Blizzard was angry with us for this. Pretty lame in my opinion. =)

Dunno if it's lame. Taking advantage of an in-game bug should be punished in retail. While you and your friends is having a great time, the killed allies have the exact opposite, and Blizzard of course wants everyone to have a great experience when they're playing what they're paying for every month.
I probably would have done the same as you guys, but I would also understand if they got a bit angry when figuring it out :-D

Well then they shoul have done a much better job on doing what we did impossible.
:)

Edit: How Is climbing walls a bug? ^^

Last edited:
I mean exploring areas where players usually can´t go to. (Blinking through invisible Walls, Mountglitching, walljumping and so on).
As long as you do not get an advantage by that or hurting noone its all good. Knock yourself out.

Top Bottom