• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Hunter Question about Lupos on K3

Eldrid

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone has any info on Lupos - will he be the buffed version of Lupos @ release of K3 or the weak version?

Edit: For clarity, Will Lupos deal shadow damage @ release of K3 or physical damage?

Thanks.

They aren't gating bug fixes
What does that mean? Shadow or physical on release?
Also it's not really a bug as much as a feat. The elite deals shadow dmg and that was intended by Blizzard. It can hardly be a bug then ... however it made the pet very strong in pvp vs certain classes, so they had to nerf it later.

"All hunter pets will now always deal Physical damage for their base attack."

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Patch_1.9.0
Yes, 1.9.0 change. The question is whether they apply every change up to 1.12.0 at the release of KIII and keep only content updates or if the changes come with the content patches.
This topic is kinda confusing since there are other vanilla private server that choose different approaches.

Lupos will deal physical damage from launch, not shadow. Similarly Takk the Leaper will have a normal pursuit speed. All tameable pets on K3, at launch, will function like it's 1.12 and therefore have their 1.9 normalizations.

Yes, 1.9.0 change. The question is whether they apply every change up to 1.12.0 at the release of KIII and keep only content updates or if the changes come with the content patches.
This topic is kinda confusing since there are other vanilla private server that choose different approaches.

All game mechanics are based on the 1.12.1 patch. The only things that are following any kind of patch progression are gear/item availability and raid/bg releases.

What vanilla server has rolled out progressive game mechanic patches?

All game mechanics are based on the 1.12.1 patch. The only things that are following any kind of patch progression are gear/item availability and raid/bg releases.

What vanilla server has rolled out progressive game mechanic patches?
Elysium for example. They were updating items and mechanics as it was back on retail.

Elysium for example. They were updating items and mechanics as it was back on retail.

I played a 60 sham on Ely, what game mechanics were being progressively updated?

From my experience, there were no progressively updated game mechanics on Nost, or Ely, or LH, or Rebirth, or ED, or SC 1, or SC 2. In terms of Nost/Ely/LH, black lotus changing from BoP to BoE was an item change, AV in patch 1.5 style was a one time design choice that was never changed with corresponding patch updates in the servers' lifetimes, item stats changing with each patch was an item change...

Game mechanics changing with each content patch would be like updating how spells and creatures function with each patch update. For example, there were no diminishing returns before patch 1.4 meaning that you could sit in polymorph forever. Afaik, no one has ever progressively updated game mechanics.

So I did some more research on this and you're correct. Hard to believe they would make such an inconsistent design choice TBH.

I was incredulous and I still am. That design decision makes no sense at all. All other pets were in 1.12.1 state (see normalized pursuit speed, removal of resistances upon taming, etc.) yet they chose to let only one pet exist in a pre 1.9 state.

Glad the devs have better judgement here.

/thread

Top Bottom