• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Hunter Question about PVEing as hunter

lidh

Hey,

I'm quite new to playing hunter, on retail I played Mage and Druid. I dinged 60 pretty fast so I don't have much experience with hunters either, especially when it comes to doing instances. But now that I'm 60 I've started doing some, and I've come to find that I DPS quite well actually compared to others if I am not disturbed by tanks pulling mobs too close to me or there is some kind of stairwell blocking the target from not being in line of sight. Does anyone have any tips on how I can position myself well so I don't run into these problems? I mostly have issues with UBRS.

Also any tips on how I control my pet better? I have it on passive and order it to attack my target. Sometimes after I switch targets with tab and naturally command it to attack, and my new target is actually an "un"-pulled mob so my pet takes aggro. I usually notice that my pet is running of the somewhere it shouldn't but as far as I know there is no stop command for the pet.

Thanks!

/script if UnitExists("target") then if a==0 then PetAttack(target) a=1 else if UnitExists("pettarget") and UnitIsUnit("target", "pettarget") then PetFollow("Medane") a=0 else PetAttack(target) end;end; else PetFollow("Medane") a=0 end;

Very usefull marco for you pet you click it once your pet attacks you click it again it goes passive.
If you change target and click it pet will change to your current target.

Just put your name were you see mine and it works.

For positioning get a swing timer (raisautoshot) and move in between autoshots when you see the tank coming towards you.

hf

Last edited:
Top Bottom