You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.
Best thing about vanilla PvP...no arenas! I love PvP but absolutely hated arenas. I'm all about the large scale battles :biggrin:. When I hear PvP I think Blackrock, Silithus, Plaguelands and BGs. I'm hoping for some epic world pvp battles! :w00t:
True but it makes the world a bit unfair. If you are mage or rogue, you know that nobody is going to attack you and you can peacefully farm and quest. As for any other class, you know that if you get attacked, you are done for, unless you bubble and use hearthstone as paladin.
And being outside in the world is one of the main parts of wow experience, not just dungeons and battlegrounds.
Only solution could be to be with someone else all the time.
I have a weird love/hate relationship with World PvP. While I hate being ganked (especially by people way above my level), I do like the feeling of unpredictability it gives. It makes the game world feel more "real".
It's funny, I always played on PvP servers during retail but I'd rarely if ever attack other players. Heck, I'd often emote to them and go about my way. If someone ganks me though and I get the upper hand afterwards, I'll happily camp their corpse for some time. I'll just sit down, bring up a small browser window to do something else while I wait for the corpse to turn into a skeleton. Make 'em regret it.
It's kind of fun when you're running to UBRS and there's a(n almost) full party of Horde waiting there too. It's either a tense moment where your group shuffles into the portal quietly while they watch you or all hell breaks loose and there are bodies littered all over the entrance, Alliance and Horde alike
I think ultimately I'd prefer for Kronos to be PvP, even if that may upset the PvE folk out there.
Nothing. Never liked unorganized pvp. Even when I come across a low HP member of the opposing faction I just /wave and go about my bussiness.
I was once a part of an announced raid on Astranaar though, which was super epic. We organized it through the blizz realm forums where we set up a specific time and gave horde 15 minutes to conquer the town. If they could do it by then they would win. They didn't and so we mounted up and charged on Orgrimmar, at which point the sheer amount of players there crashed the server
You better rewatch the video, he fights 3 mages during Zal PvP 3. Since it's a storyline video, there's not much space for more full mage fights, right?
If you think paladins have to avoid mages, you are terribly wrong.
Hello everyone, I am very excited to find out about this server and will definitely play on it after its release.
But I have one question. Many people remember days of world pvp, which sometimes was fun but let's look at it from another angle.
1) At first, when you are low level and questing and some 60 level ganks and kill you - is that fun?
2) Also, we know that classes aren't balanced, every class has its own pros and cons. But what about classes that actually have advantage in world pvp? Mages were usually much stronger in world pvp as they could just polymorph you(or just cast blink) and run away if things went bad. Mages and Rogues generally had advantages and they farmed honor points outside rather than in bg-s.
Judging from these two things, what makes you love world pvp as a low level quester and as non-mage and non-rogue class?
i don't enjoy low level pvp, everything is severely limited, you rarely have the attacks and gear that makes it anywhere near fun. i also think it's ridiculous there are people on this forum crying about multiboxing pve but posting about loving 20-29 twinking, etc lol.
killing people while leveling is downtime, so i try to hold off as much as possible until 60
I'm sorry but thats not as true as you make it seem.
If you master your class, you can always beat the odds.
Sure if you get ganked BY ANY CLASS, and don't have a PvP trinket and/or you're on low HP then you're basically dead. But if you are on (near) full health and have a PvP trinket, I don't think you should then blame it on your class when you die in a WPvP encounter.
So let's say Mages and Rogues are good, cause they can be. Let's talk about other classes vs. these two in a WPvP situation, assuming you know you can get ganked and have a PvP trinket equipped and you have 75% health or above, Ok?
- Paladin: Can always bubble heal, stun, consecrate, cleanse, tank, blessing of freedom, "burst" if ret etc. I don't see any underpoweredness here.
- Druid: Can trinket out of initial stuns, shapeshift out of frost, hot's and dot's, sprint, (warstomp if tauren), tank, kite, roots, burst etc.
- Warlock: Can trinket when needed, death coil, fear, dots, drain life, summon infernal if high enough level, seduce, magic absorption, nuke, felhunter purge and paranoia.
- Warrior: Can equip shield + 1h, can tank melee dmg, can trinket, burst with 2h, shouts, bleeds, 1 intercept, hamstring, I will say against a mage its gonna be very hard but hey thats anti-class everyone expierences that sometimes
- Hunter: Can trinket, could pet stun/snare, can trap, feign death, burst, dots, hunters mark, melee and ranged, kite, mana drain, run with aspects; dodge with aspects; burst with aspects.
- Priest: Can trinket, fear, shield, hots and dots, mind sear, mind blast, heal, vampiric embrace, more hots and dots, has stamina and armor buff, shadowform increases armor etc. aswell
- Shaman: Can trinket, earthbind, frostshock, heal, flameshock, interrupt with earth shock, grounding totem, burst with 2h WF, fire totems, anti-poison totem, stoneskin vs. melee
What more can I say?
As long as a good dps class has the jump on you, you are likely to die unless he sucks and you don't.
For me it always was much fun to make world pvp, whenever i ganking some1 or being ganked. It's not the same on BG, where u fight for weeks, and it's ok already for u to die (but if it possible to survive i'll do my best anyway), also u'll ress w\o running half location.
While questing u become too passive, sluggish and then some pvp really make my heart beat faster in moments when each second, each parry or dodge can determine the winner. I love to stalk enemys, esp those who killed me before, if i can't beat them in fair fight, i'll use any advantage for this. As a warrior, i'm using pvp trinkets, engi, pots, assault ppl on mobs, so i can deal with rogues and mages, even if they attack first (this not include assault). It's also lot of fun, to kill 60 when u're lower lvl, as some1 mentioned before (remember killing 60 wlock in 3 man 30-40). If i can't kill, i'm trying to escape, which also quite breathtakingly, and some times make u nice rofl (escaped from a few 60 just while running around or hiding behind the big trees). If u're too weak mentally, to deal with it, play on PvE realms.
Btw, my favorite lvling location is Stranglethorn Vale ^_^
Mage and rogues dangerous encounter while leveling.. you must be noob . I use two spec as paladin while leveling , retri until 51 + ( engineering stuff , try to keep up it near your level) was so fun! At lvl 47 i was rank 3 . And mage was easy hk for me, for real , bombs , burst , mages has really low hp poll , and you have Blessing of freedom ( if you cant win you suck). The 40% win encounter for paladin is good shaman , some good hunter , warlock , priest. As a hunter world pvp is most fun ( specially NE shadowmeld) BM while leveling is really strong. I can say the only harder encounter for me was healing classes before viper sting . druid easy ( you can fear it) . warlock small hp pool , per can kill it while you kite him . Mage easy to ( they can win only if they will freeze you in safe range.
Yo mostly its not about the class yes some of the class have advantage in some point a disadvantage in other thats about all clases, if you know how the other class against you work u will have a pretty good chance to beat him no matter of ur class.