• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Question to staff regarding voting

Pudlica

Hi guys i was wondering since you said you don't have any plans to implement any rewards for the vote players do at this time, so is there a possibility that you can implement rewards such as faction change or race change ( the one i am looking forward the most) some toys or some items for rp ect?

Can some of the staff reply to this?

Heya, I think you forgot to add "please" in there. Anyways I heard that they are working on a web application to change your character's appearance (maybe race too), but I can't remember if I heard this from an official source or not.

At the moment you can get tabards, mounts and change your character's name by using Stars. As far as I know you can get these Stars by donating or trading your characters with the Character auctions.

Also you probably should've posted this in the Suggestions and comments section.

Peace!

Also you probably should've posted this in the Suggestions and comments section.
moved.

Hi guys i was wondering since you said you don't have any plans to implement any rewards for the vote players do at this time, so is there a possibility that you can implement rewards such as faction change or race change ( the one i am looking forward the most) some toys or some items for rp ect?

These functions like faction or race change are on the Twinstar's WotLK and Cataclysm servers implemented in the Account Manager and it has nothing to do with any kind of rewards from the vote or anything else. You can do that for "few" stars which you can buy via Donate system.

Anyway I know you mean this suggestion for Vanilla server Kronos, I just explained to you how it works on the Twinstar to which Kronos belongs.
Maybe if you try little research on this forum you could find something from Kronos Team about this functions which you are suggesting.

And I think it is not possible for Vanilla servers because World of Warcraft client has not implemented it. Maybe I am wrong.

You are right. Vanilla client supports only name change. However, I'm sure it can be done by some web application. The question is if there is anyone who have will, time and knowledge to do such thing.

Wait wait wait, if you want to do such thing for web, you need some connection between server and of course database. But I do not think it works like, you have in WoW database:
Name: Ozembuch | Level: 60 | Race: Orc | Faction: Horde | ...
And you will change it to
Race: Human | Faction: Alliance
And it will works.
Well, I have to discuss this with our mighty Chero so we will see.

I used to model edit alot to swap races, and the biggest problem while doing this is that certain races have more features than others. For instance, female Human has 14 skin colors while female Gnome has only 6 colors, so I'm wondering which color do I get when I switch from female Human with skin color number 7+ to female Gnome?

This is just an example, but basically all races have different numbers of skin colors, hair styles, facial features, etc. I'm not saying that this is impossible, but it might require some client side modification too, to add the extra textures or other missing datas.

You can suggest 6 colors and I will set it in this feature.

I usually repeat the same colors to compensate, so in this case color 7 will be like 1, 8 like 2, 9 like 3 and so on. And I do the same for other things like facial features. Facial features styles (ex. Human beards, Undead jaws, earrings, etc.) are a combination of 3 different geosets numbers, and this combination of numbers most of times is different for each race and not compatible with each other, so you have to adapt each combination to each race.

But to be honest I have no clue about which datas are stored in the database about the characters' look. I don't wanna be a know-it-all I'm just trying to figure out how such thing would be possible, I kinda like this kind of stuff :wub:

Last edited:
Top Bottom