• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Question

yorukami

Just wondering what I can do when im multiboxing(leveling,farming outside),and someone attacking me,I am allowed to kill the attacker? Also how many client allowed to run as multiboxer?(5-10?)

so far i recall, the only time when pvp was allowed back then for a multiboxer was:

A: only 1 character at a time is within a battleground
B: only 1 Character is logged in with a character (staying on the character selection waiting to login once dead was allowed so far i remember)

in short: as long as only 1 character is within the same zone/area he is allowed to pvp, so you could have 1 character near undercity and the other near orgrimmar and be allowed to pvp or 1 within AB and the other within WSG, as long as they arent within the same area/zone altough multiboxing would be quite hard and you can only control 1 at a time that way ☺.

i recall the only proof you needed to get a multiplexer banned was a clear picture of more than 2 character's that clearly multibox attack you, or a short fraps video to proove it, although they only accepted short clips so you had to reduce the file size before sending, the multiboxer then got either a warning ban with a 1-4 week duration or permanent, which i am not sure of as to which of those they used as punishment but ED uses the permanent.

Last edited:
and what about MS 's ? can be work for summoned ppl or find next ppl for party ?

Last edited:
Group finding. You could never summon on Kronos afaik.
you mean the summoning stones ? they wherent fixed by blizzard before TBC, you had to use warlock to summon, since the beginning and untill the end of vanilla.

then Innkeeper same function LFG as K2 ?
bad info Crow, MS work on vanilla, no in 1.12.1, but work as LFG.

Last edited:
hmm i guess it wasnt fully informing what i wrote yes. I had completely forgotten about the function since it was rather useless, the LFG was overtaken by an addon called "calltoarms" back then players didn't want to use it. in TBC they finally "fixed" it making it desireable to use since now it summoned player's to the location so all you had to do was find them ☺

however the gossip was rather interresting when you wanted to know the lore of a dungeon.

Source: http://www.wowwiki.com/Meeting_Stone

Idea: maybe they could improve to the "innkeepers" gossip mode that when you "que" for a dungeon it is automatically written in the /LookingForGroup Channel which "CallToArms" uses, so in addition to its own feature it also posts in the channel so those with the addon also see them ? ☺.

note: i am working on improving the old addon to have a better filter, and searching for a way to add a function for WTS/WTB etc.

Last edited:
Any ETA about my question?:smile:

"Just wondering what I can do when im multiboxing(leveling,farming outside),and someone attacking me,I am allowed to kill the attacker? Also how many client allowed to run as multiboxer?(5-10?)"

Kronos hasn't stated any rules regarding it yet. but ED's policy was that as long as you only use 1 character during the entire fight without switching around it was ok. So i guess that they will use similar rules to avoid any trouble in the future.

Any ETA about my question?:smile:

"Just wondering what I can do when im multiboxing(leveling,farming outside),and someone attacking me,I am allowed to kill the attacker? Also how many client allowed to run as multiboxer?(5-10?)"

Please wait a little while, Chero was busy for a week :wink: You will get your answer.

Before a final statement is made by the server admin, let me tell you my opinion. You should follow the rules already in place, and those don't limit multiboxing in any way. Until some new rules are established, you can do anything.

+ Level up, farm mobs, farm herbs/veins/objects, fight back, gank people AND join battlegrounds.
+ You can multibox 5mans, 10mans, even raids if you can handle it. You can perform coordinated dancing in the streets of the main city aswell :wink:
+ You CAN use tools like Keyclone to send your own keypresses to multiple windows.
+ You CAN use as many clients as your setup can handle.

However,
- You CANNOT use any automation software that would automatically control your characters. Everything has to be controlled by your own keypresses, that means one key press = one spell or ingame macro.
- You CANNOT use automation scripts like Autohotkey to perform multiple actions with a single keypress.

Let me add that there are certain wow addons that automate some processes, for example automatically accept summons, ressurection, or automatically release spirit. Such addons are ALLOWED, as they are not directly controlling your character, they just resolve dialogues.
I once experimented with WoW addon that allowed you to make your other character follow you just by whispering a given phrase, however with Keyclone that would become redundant.

If you plan to box 4 or more chars, I look forward to going dungeons with you :)

as you say in short there are no multibox rules yet, only the rules that affect everyone, hope there will come some more specific rules before the release ☺

allowing them to do pvp wouldn't be much blizzlike, at-least not before TBC where it became popular, not to mention the systems that help control have been improved a lot since back then already, at-least that is my opinion that it is a mistake ignoring a flaw created through accounts becoming free just by ignoring it and punishing all who play with 1 account like over 99% originally did back in vanilla...

I just want to mention that on blizzard server, sometimes a multiboxer was in Alterac Valley, ganking people and becoming the ultimate target from everyone :D it was always like Megatron a serious threat from nowhere. (5 people)

hey guys, i dont know where to post questions so i choose this topic. someone said FAQ thread but i guess its a thread for server question not ingame. just someone tell me where to post questions regarding ingame content.

i see in this video gehennas has 39300 Mana the entire fight. why? is it a bug which is already fixed or is it blizzlike or is there not enough information to see it as a bug and fix it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgjWOqLyxIU&list=UU5HYYmn17qZHlo91U0bbBxA

Time 5:00

Edit: Ok i checked it out. Spells doesnt require Mana so the boss shouldnt have mana at all. wowwiki.

Last edited:
Top Bottom