• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other Raid buffing or altering of origional content

Do you want raids to be made harder or kept blizzlike?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think the raid encounters should stay as Blizzlike as possible, but change the bosses in a way that breaks addons like big wigs and DBM. Change the names of abilities or bosses in a way so the add-ons cannot adapt to the fight, don't change the encounters or core mechanics.

I think the raid encounters should stay as Blizzlike as possible, but change the bosses in a way that breaks addons like big wigs and DBM. Change the names of abilities or bosses in a way so the add-ons cannot adapt to the fight, don't change the encounters or core mechanics.

Over/Under until someone edits the addons for Kronos bosses? 2 weeks after boss is killed.

Net effect? Near 0.

As far as buffing/nerfing the raids, I say Buff MC/BWL to their 1.4/1.5 levels, leave AQ40/Naxx like they were in 1.12.1. Something like .1% of players around the world killed C'thun/KT anyway, so it doesn't make any sense changing their mechanics.

Last edited:
Generate random names for each raid? Done

Some months down the line:
"Ok guys, here we go for our first attempt on Rzjkdkuwkh9283. Remember, when mages are called, fear them, and priests/pallies dispel any polymorphs that get off."

Some further months down the line:
"WOOO YES, FINALLY, WE KILLED LKJNKW435YDKINWS!!!!!!!!! Now we can move onto Ikjasyemcys!"

Just doesn't have the same appeal to me, personally. Also it's not like there weren't Raiding assistance addons in Vanilla/online strategies, or that most of us remember how the majority of the raids work, at least the stuff we had on farm. It also doesn't seem to me like that would be easy on the loot tables, but then I don't know how the loot/mob associations work.

Quite the imagination you have. You could always randomly assign prefixes or suffixes ala Diablo, Lucifron of flame or Plauge Luifron.

The reality is that wow is easy based on Blizzards poor ai and add ons make it that much easier. Add ons enable any warm body to to be carried though any raid encounter. Eliminating add ons would encourage more social interaction though the added need of instruction.

Top Bottom