• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other Raid Changelog (19th February)

Status
Not open for further replies.
blessings let us have a taste of the superior faction, now it's gone :(
faction change when?

I don't think anyone from alliance complained about horde getting paladin buffs. They probably did it because of AQ progression on K2 to somehow even the scales for both factions. But it's a silly thing since buffs would barely last until Sartura and both Skeram and Sartura don't really give a damn about agro (they are both taunt-tanked bosses).

At least this time they didn't ninja boost armor by thousands to screw over melee heavy raids like on K1...

Last edited:
i just cant let this argument stand like that. mainly because one of the main rules of this server is that you are allowed to use multiple accounts at the same time for your own benefit.

multiboxing is allowed - why not disallow it? and go ahead and take away everyones AQ mount that multiboxed for it?
summoning yourself (if your lock is over 45) is allowed - same rules apply? go and disallow that?

i just dont get the point in taking away those buffs, it didnt hurt anyone. ofc horde might not be supposed to get pala buffs. the stuff you are changing just doesnt follow any logic.

we might be mixing apples and oranges. but so do you with your server rules. there is a reason you made them - and people play by them. with all these changes the only thing we get is uncertainty...

I actually agree with the bolded part pretty fervently. The Onslaught loot system was designed to be transparent and without surprises as to not blindside and thus cause issues or drama. It's always been apparent that the Kronos admin team doesn't share the same values in consistency. It is what it is.

The "logic" that Chero and many of the GM team use isn't actually uniform as there are many egregious uses of alts (tradeskill cooldowns, black bug mount farming, black lotus camping, forcing dynamics and min/max class swapping in raid dungeons) that have been abused by multi-account creation. You get into a debate on blizz-like experience and what that actually means. Does that mean the actual objective boss values, boss timers, item stats and formulas are exactly as was or does it mean evoking the subjective experience of what those in 2005 would have felt. They sometimes go the former but they often also go the latter.

Look how they changed black lotus spawns. All they did was cause the price to hyper-inflate into the 3 digit numbers with their change. My guild is still getting a hundred+ a week.

I don't play this game anymore but like to keep up with the shit show. If only you had done this and fixed second clienting when I still played.

If you bought accounts to do this, you are a fool. Should've hopped on the 7x train when it was in town. If you think this is any different from the custom change to summoners, you are also stupid. Unlimited accounts = ripe for abuse. Small or large scale.

Mind controlling and buffing 15 or more melee before a raid for two bosses was the most obnoxious thing ever. Like herding cats. This brings me great joy.

I'm going off topic a tad, apologies in advance.

We were able to take advantage of it for approximately 14 months and only used it for Vael (salvation on fury wars) but seeing how well last night's Vael went (we dont world buff for BWL and havent for months)

Oh Fei :smile:
Only a week ago you wasted 50 minutes of your raid time after clearing AQ40 (post a hilarious wipe on Skeram, a must-see) to rebuff everyone with Tribute, Heart&Head, DMF, Songflower and Warchief's Blessing on top of it solely to run Blackwing Lair, raid time in which you could've taken down Nefie already.
Jelly streamed it old boy: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/121750338
Lad, you're the GM of the main Horde NA guild, how can you lie so gratuitously? You can't be this insecure.

P.S. Shout-out to Peasemold! I always liked how you carried yourself in-game and on the forums. I was sad when I learned you quit.

you guys clearly whine too much about the things that need fixing. at the same time there's so much stuff thats great on kronos and that stuff never gets mentioned.

notice how guildleaders/officers only get to hear the crap when sth went bad, but when everything went good you hear nothing? well the same goes for kronos devs. think about it. stop whining all the time.

I'm going off topic a tad, apologies in advance.

Oh Fei :smile:
Only a week ago you wasted 50 minutes of your raid time after clearing AQ40 (post a hilarious wipe on Skeram, a must-see) to rebuff everyone with Tribute, Heart&Head, DMF, Songflower and Warchief's Blessing on top of it solely to run Blackwing Lair, raid time in which you could've taken down Nefie already.
Jelly streamed it old boy: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/121750338
Lad, you're the GM of the main Horde NA guild, how can you lie so gratuitously? You can't be this insecure.

P.S. Shout-out to Peasemold! I always liked how you carried yourself in-game and on the forums. I was sad when I learned you quit.

That wipe is a classic. Please never forget. Also Jelly knows not to stream it, not the first time he did something retarded so I stand corrected in that aspect but I still stand by the pal nerf being a pretty non-issue thing.

Edit: Also I misinterpreted your post. We will world buff in BWL during DMF week but only then.

Last edited:
Man fuck all this talk about paladins buffs being removed from horde. Can we talk about shit that matters? BUFF IRONFOE!

Edit: for real tho, Bring faction change asap.

Last edited:
That wipe is a classic. Please never forget. Also Jelly knows not to stream it, not the first time he did something retarded so I stand corrected in that aspect but I still stand by the pal nerf being a pretty non-issue thing.

Mmm, you still stand by the pal nerf being a pretty non-issue thing, yes, I see.

Here are you, Fei, GM of Onslaught, talking about employing Paladin blessings in Naxxramas and asking your guild to keep it under wraps for fear Chero may prevent it.

X: They don’t know that, but, not sure…
Fei: I mean, they can, it’s fine, it’s more intensive to heal, it’s more exciting, it’s not blizzlike, it’s harder than it’s supposed to be.
Y: If that’s going to be the case, then maybe we’re gonna do this anyways, but we’re gonna pally buff, I mean the first week, probably, for sure, but…
Fei: We’re keeping that under wraps, we’re not announcing anything, but we would probably use that for maybe… Four Horsemen, Saph and KT.
Y: I feel like Kings, just the extra health from Kings, would really help, or…Titans flasks…
Fei: It got out that Vanguard and Synced were both planning to Soulstone their entire raids for their AQ40 speed runs… or, uh, progression runs, and they… Chero nerfed it, like, he said, you’re gonna lose the Soulstone if the guy is not in your raid and they can do the same thing to pally buffs, we gotta keep that under… like, the most tightest lips possible…
X: Yea but, is that an exploit or bug?
Fei: No, it’s not, and neither is the Soulstone thing.
Y: But it’s something they can… prevent, if they want to, which they will.
Fei: It’s… subjective, and if they decide that it’s… retarded, and it is retarded, then they’ll nerf it, and we don’t want that.

Perhaps Chero was onto something, wouldn’t you say Fei old boy?

EDIT: Chero prevented us from Soulstoning the entire raid after an express request from Synced, not because he somehow found out our super-secret tactics, and he can attest to this himself.

Last edited:
Mmm, you still stand by the pal nerf being a pretty non-issue thing, yes, I see.

Here are you, Fei, GM of Onslaught, talking about employing Paladin blessings in Naxxramas and asking your guild to keep it under wraps for fear Chero may prevent it.

Perhaps Chero was onto something, wouldn’t you say Fei old boy?

EDIT: Chero prevented us from Soulstoning the entire raid after an express request from Synced, not because he somehow found out our super-secret tactics, and he can attest to this himself.

Uh huh, and everything I said came to pass. Whats your point?

noobspeak
c499vlr.png

We never ever said or thought we are the best. We're just the ones who have gotten the Realm Firsts.

And you know Synced has cleared AQ40 in less than 1 hour multiple times without even trying, and the only reason those raids are not displayed by the realmplayers ranking (though all are individually recorded) is that the website has only recently fixed its statistics page.

To guilds that bother with planned speed runs, all we have to, jokingly, say is this:

[video=youtube;_pGlU__zu-Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pGlU__zu-Q[/video]

But keep trying to spin this into a different subject, Ahla! Lot of good will do you. I believe you yanks call it putting lipstick on a pig over the pond /shrug
Personally, I am just tired of players lying to the staff and spinning issues in front of the community.
In my opinion, the Horde are right to have Paladin buffs, they were a feature of Mind Control. If you are allowed - and intended - to acquire the UBRS Fire Resistance buff, then these are similarly fine. Same situation for Fear Ward.

But don't be a hypocrite and come at me with this sort of bullshit:
but I still stand by the pal nerf being a pretty non-issue thing.
When you are actively attempting to obscure its use from the developers in hopes of employing it during Naxxramas progress, as shown in the recording few posts above.

Last edited:
No, again, people in my guild as you have shown in your own quotes from me, were wanting to use it a lot and my response is that we would probably use it for the last bosses at most. This should come as no surprise but I have been consistent in saying its probably gonna get nerfed even though its not blizz-like for a very very long time. I still stand by this and I have not contradicted myself once. If I was surprised I'd be miffed but I'm not surprised or upset. It sucks that Friends isn't too happy about it but we braced ourselves for this awhile ago. If it was an exploit rather than a tactic you'd have a different angle, but we've used it for a long time and its been relatively low key.

I'm trying really hard to be upset with Fei right now, but it's not working. What's your secret, Dalloway?

We never ever said or thought we are the best. We're just the ones who have gotten the Realm Firsts.

we've never talked about it, but i do think, or better, i know that we are the best every day of the week. :whistling:
and everyone else knows aswell...:shifty:

I tried to find an old boy, couldn't make it happen. Found lots of young, hairless boys does that work?

EDIT: Chero prevented us from Soulstoning the entire raid after an express request from Synced

Out of curiosity, and remembering how your members were saying how they liked the armour boost when we reported it as unblizzlike... Did you also tell Chero it would be good idea to increase armour of AQ mobs by 3000? This is a serious question.

Out of curiosity, and remembering how your members were saying how they liked the armour boost when we reported it as unblizzlike... Did you also tell Chero it would be good idea to increase armour of AQ mobs by 3000? This is a serious question.

I am glad you asked that question, because I believe you have told your own crew for some time now that you have lost the AQ40 Realm First race because your melee-heavy setup was disadvantaged due to the increased Armor values we experienced during said raid.

Now look at the actual logs. Overall, Synced employed more melee than you in Ahn’Qiraj.

Take the TwinEmperors.
Synced: https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?boss-kill=388946#bosskills_players:0+4+1
16 Warriors+Rogue sand 4 Hunters, i.e. 20 physical damage dealers.
Vanguard: https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?boss-kill=388933#bosskills_players:0+4+1
14 Warriors+Rogues and 3 Hunters, i.e. 17 physical damage dealers.

Even before, on Huhuran.
Synced: https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?boss-kill=397110#bosskills_players:0+4+1
17 Warriors+Rogues and 2 Hunters, 19 in total.
Vanguard: https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?boss-kill=388909#bosskills_players:0+4+1
14 Warriors+Rogues and 3 Hunters, 17 in total.

On Fankriss.
Synced: https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?boss-kill=397093#bosskills_players:0+4+1
17 Warriors+Rogues and 2 Hunters, 19 in total.
Vanguard: https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?boss-kill=388885#bosskills_players:0+4+1
14 Warriors+Rogues and 3 Hunters, 17 in total.

We did, indeed, have one single less melee than you for C’Thun, a normal reaction to the peril of Eye Beam damage for the stacked melee.
Synced: https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?boss-kill=389018#bosskills_players:0+4+1
11 Warriors+Rogues and 3 Hunters, i.e. 14 physical damage dealers.
Vanguard: https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?boss-kill=389020#bosskills_players:0+4+1
12 Warriors+Rogues and 3 Hunters, i.e. 15 physical damage dealers.

So, yes, we conspired with Chero to double Armor Values.
Then we went ahead and used more melee than you.
And that 1 less melee on C'Thun gave us back the 7 minutes we had lost on Twins due to that 1 extra attempt we squeezed in before their shared-Threat bug was fixed, which forced us to run back from the entrance. And the 2 minutes advantage we gained over you when killing C'Thun itself.

Look, both you and Fei are doing a bang up job. You are there for your people, day in, day out, being just as much your guilds' slaves as we are to ours. We're all doing our best to hold our teams together while gearing up all sorts of fairweathers for two years now.
You don't have a problem with me. Just don't spin shit up.

EDIT: Corrected link.

Last edited:
I tried to avoid the bullshit by stating it is a serious question, but you went ahead with it anyway and didn't even answer the question. Thanks I guess.

I asked the question because you had lots of "brilliant" ideas in the past such as removing world buffs, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Last edited:
Ermin, it is answered implicitly. o_O
Do you think that, if we had a clue about the Armor values, we would have consistently used more melee than our competition for the largest part of the progress raid?
We obviously had Mage and Warlock characters on hand, since we brought some in for C'Thun. If only we knew.

hey im careful with my words, ive never in the history of kronos publicly or privately on forums or otherwise shit talked, acted elite or flaunted any dps or boss kill times with any top guilds. ive only claimed the contrary. this is a private server for a 13 year old game. no one cares about speed runs, dps or progression kills as far as a dick measuring contest. i play a healer. i play for my own reasons and find people that want to have fun on similar terms. i literally claimed pally buffing is retarded in that snippet of our mumble and i stand by it. you can put your dicks back in your pants and if you care about the numbers then they speak for themselves.

no one cares about speed runs, dps or progression kills as far as a dick measuring contest.
Given the information provided, I can see how it looks like you are trying to downplay the Paladin nerf while asking your guildmembers to keep their lips sealed about it to give the devs no reason to change it. Your other members' reactions in here can lead to the same assumption. In the snippet posted you also say you will be aiming towards the progress race, so I guess at least you seem to care about the progress :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom