• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other Raid Changelog (19th February)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazzil

Changelog 19th February
These changes are live

General
- Horde characters will now lose paladin blessings upon zoning into an instance

Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj
- Kurinaxx sand traps now affect the players standing on them, rather than players near the boss
- Lieutenant Andorov no longer sells Major Mana Potions until we fixed an exploit revolving this
- One crystal will be found at the bottom of the Ossirian ramp to be used at the start of the encounter
- Mana Fiends at the Moam encounter will now despawn faster if the raid wipes
- The Plague effect from Anubisath Guardians now continues to deal damage after the monster dies

Temple of Ahn'Qiraj
- Increased aggro ranges on several monsters and bosses
- Slightly decreased aggro range on Anubisath Sentinels
- Slightly decreased aggro range on Obsidian Eradicators
- Further complications has been made to skippage between twin emperors and ouro
- Fankriss the Unyielding will now summon Spawns of Fankriss at a slightly faster rate
- The Plague effect from Anubisath Defenders now continues to deal damage after the monster dies
- Knockbacks during the Ouro and C'Thun encounter no longer have a chance to disconnect the player
- Scarabs can now drop from most trash monsters

1) its not blizzlike
2) upon request, GM's have always told me its ok to do and wouldnt get removed.

you telling me i leveled palas and a priest for nothing?
why punish the hardcore and dedicated?

Nice that all these issued get ignored for 5+ months and as soon as the second server get's to it, all is fixed.
Testserver confirmed ,)

its in line with the soulstone and summoning level requirement nerf. honestly people blame all of our dps on it even though its barely used by onslaught. this isnt going to change much at the end of the day but it just sucks for everyone who spent real money to purchase priests or paladins on the twinhead auction.

i do not disagree with the nerf

Spending time on a proper pathfinding fix would be also very nice. I have played on the German realm Nefarian once which had horrible scripting overall but at least they had a better pathfinding. Right now it is easy to reset mob groups/mobs in some places due to pathfinding and it is hard to aoe big mob groups properly because they are not where they are visually shown. This results in mobs who are visually nowhere nearby you hitting you of if you frost nova like 20 mobs, they appear at different locations than before novaing. For further info write me a PM.

Spending time on a proper pathfinding fix would be also very nice. I have played on the German realm Nefarian once which had horrible scripting overall but at least they had a better pathfinding. Right now it is easy to reset mob groups/mobs in some places due to pathfinding and it is hard to aoe big mob groups properly because they are not where they are visually shown. This results in mobs who are visually nowhere nearby you hitting you of if you frost nova like 20 mobs, they appear at different locations than before novaing. For further info write me a PM.

I would suggest writing a detailes bug report. In the best case with a video. I am pretty sure there is one already, so can upvote it and add further info

Everyone knows Kronos' mob pathing is biggest hit to Kronos scripting. Like it or not, other servers script pathing much better.

Can you guys maybe fix actual problems instead of turning blizzlike mechanics into Chero's SuperFun Sandbox Alliance Quest?

Edit: Great other changes, though.

Last edited:
i dont even know why paladin blessings were an issue? why would this disturb anyone? i mean the warlocks were an advantage over others at the point of competing for world bosses. and you are still allowed to use them if you were hardcore enough to level them up...

why would anyone care what buffs are used inside an instance? as long as its not a bg...

why would i care if you are hardcore enough to farm 2ZG buffs or Rend buffs a week? oh: why not make rend buff disappear upon entering an instance?

Last edited:
Who is really reponsible for these 'fixes'? You guys always said that you won't change/revert spells/items without strong evidences yet you do stuff like this.

In this case using paladins buffs on Horde side was a blizzlike feature and there wasn't a single person who cried/whined (officialy?) about it (it was even accepted by gms) yet you change it without a notice. Simple question - why?

I'm not even a melee so these buffs doesn't really help me but I know how many good players leveled up/bought for stars (which helped the server) alliance priests just for this purpose and you literally screwed them in 1 go - why?

I don't want to offend anyone from the alliance side but it's starting to look like pro-alliance funserver if you guys gonna 'fix' the server like this.

I know that you can admit a mistake and undo the changes so really - rethink it because it's a pure mistake and a failure from your side.

It sounds like the work of some vocal, lobbying Alliance players to the faction-favoring GMs. At least the warlock one was understandable since it came off the heels of the 7x event and wasn't a unilateral change.

i dont even know why paladin blessings were an issue? why would this disturb anyone? i mean the warlocks were an advantage over others at the point of competing for world bosses. and you are still allowed to use them if you were hardcore enough to level them up...

why would anyone care what buffs are used inside an instance? as long as its not a bg...

why would i care if you are hardcore enough to farm 2ZG buffs or Rend buffs a week? oh: why not make rend buff disappear upon entering an instance?

Indeed its blizz-like, but it depends on point of view. This is not retail, you don't pay any fee, you have unlimited free accounts. This wasn't an issue on retail. Here, it is (was).

You have different conditions here, compared to retail. Only very few people had more than one account on retail back then, here almost everyone has at least 2-3 accounts with a level 60.

How this change is pro-Alliance? I mean, Horde is not even supposed to have these buffs.

This change is just as stupid as the one you did for deserter.
Who even comes up with these silly changes? :wacko:

Please don't mix apples and oranges.

So, since we've had previous GM communication that this is okay and many characters were leveled or purchased with stars, predicated on the fact that this was allowed, you'll be giving compensation/refunds for those purchased right?

Indeed its blizz-like, but it depends on point of view. This is not retail, you don't pay any fee, you have unlimited free accounts. This wasn't an issue on retail. Here, it is (was).

You have different conditions here, compared to retail. Only very few people had more than one account on retail back then, here almost everyone has at least 2-3 accounts with a level 60.

How this change is pro-Alliance? I mean, Horde is not even supposed to have these buffs.

If you didn't want it nerfed, you shouldn't have streamed it.

I had predicted this would happen a long time ago. We were able to take advantage of it for approximately 14 months and only used it for Vael (salvation on fury wars) but seeing how well last night's Vael went (we dont world buff for BWL and havent for months) it seems that this change had almost no impact other than fcking with all of us (myself included) who used stars to purchase hundreds of dollars in priests and paladins.

I do agree with the sentiments that there are still so many bugs on Kronos that need attention (MC bosses fire immune, you reverted all of BWL to an old state with improvements and fixes to suppression room being undone, Razorgore add pathing, spamming of abilities like BWL Spellbinder Flamestrike, Nef pathing is atrocious, AQ20 Rajaxx event lacking the buff aura, AQ40 Skeram AE is used too often and is 50% larger, Vek'lor's shadow bolt not being effected by sheen, shadow reflector or grounding totem, Sartura effected by PVP diminishing returns on CC, etc... the list goes on) but at the same time I understand its overwhelming. Just keep up the good work.

Last edited:

i just cant let this argument stand like that. mainly because one of the main rules of this server is that you are allowed to use multiple accounts at the same time for your own benefit.

multiboxing is allowed - why not disallow it? and go ahead and take away everyones AQ mount that multiboxed for it?
summoning yourself (if your lock is over 45) is allowed - same rules apply? go and disallow that?

i just dont get the point in taking away those buffs, it didnt hurt anyone. ofc horde might not be supposed to get pala buffs. the stuff you are changing just doesnt follow any logic.

we might be mixing apples and oranges. but so do you with your server rules. there is a reason you made them - and people play by them. with all these changes the only thing we get is uncertainty...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom