• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Raid tuning

Lharts, i am appalled by your flawed logic.

You mix up "hard" with "gear dependent".

Increasing HP and damage will not increase the difficulty of a fight, it will just make it more gear dependent.

What you are saying: HP and damage have no bearing on the difficulty of the fight.
What you should be saying: Increased HP and damage do not necessarily increase the difficulty of the fight.

Ragnaros' difficulty lies in his second phase, the spawning of the sons. Not enough hp on Rag, and the raid will kill him before he even reaches that phase, thus bypassing the real difficulty of the fight. Let us look at Lucifron. If his magic debuff does not do enough damage, it can be completely ignored. This is not an issue of gear, it is an issue of skill (collapsing for sons, dispelling debuffs).

I can give you at least two examples off the top of my head where modifying the damage or health of Molten Core bosses will directly modify the difficulty of said boss. I am implying your definition of the word difficulty. And i have not even mentioned potency* of boss abilities!

MC will be a cake for most guilds, but lets be honest. Thats just how it should be.

Who the hell gives you the right to determine that Molten Core has to be a cake walk? In their own words, here is Blizzard describing "three new boss monsters: Onyxia, Magmadar, and Golemagg the Destroyer. Only the most experienced and well organized guilds can even attempt to defeat these awesome creatures." Stop saying that MC was meant to be easy. Blizzard intended it to be challenging. And when guilds first entered MC, i am sure a lot of them agreed.

Kronos tries to give you the closest to retail server and you ask them to customize the content. Makes sense.

Actually, Kronos forumgoers ask for the real vanilla experience, and you rebut them. Makes sense.

*By potency, i am referring to how much strong an ability is, non-damage wise. For example, increasing the healing reduction on Gehennas' curse is increasing its potency.

Last edited:
There is a strategy book from patch 1.0 with all the old item stats available in it, so it should be possible.

Just searched through the strategy book, and the old item stats are not entirely on it. The book only lists item name, level to equip, armor rating, item level, bind type, vendor purchase value (super important) and equip stats. Tier 1 and Tier 2 gear is not in the book, either.

All is not lost, as i do have access to all the old item stats anyways. It just takes a while to compile. Can anyone tell me how hard it is to recode the stats on gear?

They wont do it anyways, could be piss easy or quite difficult, doesn't matter.
I already accepted the fact that MC will be a snorefest. Might as well skip it all together and just "raid" DM. :mellow:

How often have you raided MC on Kronos exactly? Or where does this assumption come from?

Sorry, I was under the impression that MC on Kronos is going to be released in all its 1.12 glory.
That totally means the struggle will be real, right? Riiiight.
Or are you implying the "100% working scripts" are going to make it so? Wanna bet that a shitty bugridden MC is more of a challenge? :biggrin:

If any tuning should be done to MC to make up for the 'later' changes we are using in the early days for vanilla, then my suggestion is tune it to a player amount. Such as a maximum of 28 players can only enter at once (exampled guess)
[especially if you have DM open at the start, which I am against]

40 is definitely overkill with the 1.2.1 spells/talents we use.

Doesnt really matter though, things balance out better when you get to BWL, and will feel solid by AQ

If any tuning should be done to MC to make up for the 'later' changes we are using in the early days for vanilla, then my suggestion is tune it to a player amount. Such as a maximum of 28 players can only enter at once (exampled guess)
[especially if you have DM open at the start, which I am against]

40 is definitely overkill with the 1.2.1 spells/talents we use.

Doesnt really matter though, things balance out better when you get to BWL, and will feel solid by AQ

Well, capping the maximum player amount would help to get rid of the "problem", but I find 40 man raids more entertaining since there are those 40 man, therefore I think it's not the best idea to do that.

They wont do it anyways, could be piss easy or quite difficult, doesn't matter.
I already accepted the fact that MC will be a snorefest. Might as well skip it all together and just "raid" DM. :mellow:

Oh, i already have given up on Kronos raiding. I was wondering how easy it would be to implement because i am trying to learn about this craft, myself.

Top Bottom