• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Rains pvp - some battleground footage 2

Rains

Authorized
Hello,

Kronos down and bored so decided to make small vid from leftover clips piled on. Nothing too special, some battleground scenes I found entertaining.

Also hiphop/rap music and no impressive 1vsWorld -scenes; if afraid of losing 3mins of valuable lifetime dont watch :)

https://vimeo.com/166631491

Regards,
Trial Rains

00:31 kronis vurtnes best vurtnes

please..human..male.. google "Model Swapping 1.12.1" (._.)

all gud keep progress frend

Feeling stuck with progress tho, need to play more.
Situational awareness, hand-eye coordination, executing most viable play in different situations, avoiding tunnel vision.
Practising is necessary to get competive, but people have different reaction times and I think im getting close to my personal max(ms also).

Need to improve my UI and learn to use some new macros and improve on areas I know im lacking in and can improve on.

wut wrong with human male?

vpxcgj.png

hey rains good video showing the realities of ally warlock in bgs. i like your addons, could you telll me the name of the addon that was displaying combat log info for what was happening to you (i.e. cone of cold, counterspell, intimidating shout)?

hey rains good video showing the realities of ally warlock in bgs. i like your addons, could you telll me the name of the addon that was displaying combat log info for what was happening to you (i.e. cone of cold, counterspell, intimidating shout)?

Happy if u liked it :) Combatlog addon is called Eavesdrop.

I could only watch from my phone, have to check it out again when I get home

I like your nade placements, and you were using hellfire for the stun, right?

thanks for the motivation to make my own someday!

I should definitely use spellstones more, I just loathe that purge spam though. are grenades that great for survivability? they seem to get you out of a jam when death coil is down. do you ever use anything else besides nades and rocket helm?

also, was wondering, does anyone know of or could create a mouseover Devour Magic and possibly even Spell Lock macro?

I feel that I dont have enough time to target nova'd friendly warriors and/or silencing casters etc when there's a large mass of bodies or I'm stuck in tun where my camera gets all wacky.

(I use a view distance macro to increase the distance I can scroll out from.)

edit - I tab target a lot, is there a better way? I usually hold my mouse down to strafe, would changing A and D keys from 'keyboard turn' to strafe, help me out you think?

Last edited:
I could only watch from my phone, have to check it out again when I get home

I like your nade placements, and you were using hellfire for the stun, right?

thanks for the motivation to make my own someday!

I should definitely use spellstones more, I just loathe that purge spam though. are grenades that great for survivability? they seem to get you out of a jam when death coil is down. do you ever use anything else besides nades and rocket helm?

Yes, used hellfire for stun in the clip, but sadly its fixed now. :< (26% chance to stun per tick to 26% from whole duration.)

Imo grenades are major thing in pvp. As warlock melee are big menace and having nades and actually hitting with it, gives time to fear/get distance/nuke opponent down.
On regular basis I use anti poison, iron nades, swiftness pots in great amounts, wish I had living action pots more often tho :p

Spellstone is just too good not to use, if u feel like u lack shards, get several more shardbags and put them on bankslots and swap bags around and farm 60+ shards at once to sustain longer periods of pvp :D

I have to say, I dont mind hellfire being fixed. sure it was hilarious in AV defense but one time I saw 6 total pyro stun procs on one bwl trash mob at once, kinda too crazy, you know?

yeah as far as melee go, its either nuke or be nuked, and if coil is down they totally have the upper hand. I generally have more trouble vs warriors than rogues.

elixir of poison resistance is so pro but I have to save those for aq now :s
I should rely more on pots, agree.

I used spellstone a lot while leveling but just kinda stopped at 60, shards are not too much of an issue, I drain soul instead of shadowburn HK stealing in Xv1 scenarios.
I do need multiple bags though.

keep fighting the good fight!

Entertaining stuff. Is that luna frames btw? Looks better than original, with darker frames.

Its lunaframes yes, luna lacks some basic options like removing portrait completely etc.
I kind of prefer aguf over luna, but Id say luna is propably best for raiding and cba to swap around all the time :p

wtf that music. You represent cuz?

vJbkDbA.png

Gotta say I found your UI pretty annoying, to watch stuff over it :smile: I also believe you can show/hide the portraits in Luna.

idk, imo his ui is pretty ok
its not that hard to see that its unique, configured, and main thing - its FUNCTIONAL
he have
- decursive
- raidframes for teammates info
- enemyframes for enemies info/mouse targeting instead of /tar x which is downtime too
- cooldown watch addon
- dot/curse timers on multiple targets
- sct + spellwatch/witchhunt to stay in touch bout inc enemies casting/buffing
- enlarged chat and debuffs bar for better situation control
- better combat log (eavesdrop) instead of mixed default shit
it looks pretty overwhelmed prob, but oh well, its hard to make it less space, his one is pretty ok (he haven't useless shit like ktm/dpsmeters/bagbars/micromenu active, atleast I haven't noticed)

I'm trying to do it myself too
when my usual ui is
[video=youtube;ZRu3vDNu9PU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRu3vDNu9PU[/video]
but when entering bg its atm
sCwJySF.jpg

on own advice id also install
- itemrack for better gear switching, I'm surprised u haven't it
- enemycooldownscount, it works good here, pity not with aoe fear and common interrupts, rest shit is ok
- replace score bar with some BGCommander addon with egy ress timers, useful too, or put score at fubar, I think its possible, and less space waste
- maybe you should also hide pet menu, cos u see cooldowns at addon anyway, or am I wrong?

I think you should also fix some string at cooldowns addon lua, dis halfscreen cooldown string at 2:25 looks haram

and idk, u know it or not, maybe you are, but make some macro for skull of impdoom cancel, usable when u stay stunned by intercept/cs/ks, skull will not help you, but still consuming your hp. Depends on situation ofc.

and main question that forced me comment it
WHY NOT YOUTUBE????????DIS VIMEO PRETTY CANCEROUS STARTING FROM THAT FACT THAT YOU CANT FULLSCREEN IT ON SITE YOU LINKED IT
overally I r8 4/5, there is some ways to go. was really enjoyable to watch simple everyday montage, keep it up. not rating music taste cos ur own choice

and ye
grGuDNK.jpg

Last edited:
Well I find your UI much more "watchable". You have clean field of vision in the middle with stuff at the sides.

My main issue is with his UI are the player/target bars and own CDs smackbang in the middle. In the vimeo you can also see that by randomly mouseovering, the addon expands into crapload of icons. Other than that I personally don't like nearly invisible player cast bar, omgwtf mega debuff icons and at one point the enemy CDs overlap with decursive and enemy bars overlap with minimap.

But since his enemy bars change position at different times on the vid and minimap goes on/off, the UI either wasn't ready yet or he keeps changing his UI on the fly based on the amount of enemies he meets (which isn't a good idea imho).

this music is awful for an pvp vid, srsly. :eek:

i like the UI except the super small target portrait vs nedstark

peace

on own advice id also install
- itemrack for better gear switching, I'm surprised u haven't it
- enemycooldownscount, it works good here, pity not with aoe fear and common interrupts, rest shit is ok
- replace score bar with some BGCommander addon with egy ress timers, useful too, or put score at fubar, I think its possible, and less space waste
- maybe you should also hide pet menu, cos u see cooldowns at addon anyway, or am I wrong?

I think you should also fix some string at cooldowns addon lua, dis halfscreen cooldown string at 2:25 looks haram

and idk, u know it or not, maybe you are, but make some macro for skull of impdoom cancel, usable when u stay stunned by intercept/cs/ks, skull will not help you, but still consuming your hp. Depends on situation ofc.

Cool that u liked it and thanks for ideas.

Yes I definetly need egy resstimers, will check out BGcommander.
I actually have itemrack, but took me ages to figure out how to get certain itemslots "on show" so I can swap items without opening itemrack menu or bag -.-

I do need cancel macro for skull aswell.. I have "use offhand" binded, maybe its possible to make macro that "use offhand" ->"removes offhand effect" but with condition that it wont accidentaly remove spellstone / furborlg bag if spammed. Need to talk with macro wizards.
Couldnt find where to fix "spell school lock out" -string for shadow and fire spells, its horrible yes, will ask someone more capable from guild to look to it. xD

Pet menu is on show to see if pet is on follow / stay and it turns gray if pet decides to go underground/stuck.

Im lazy and in rush to que if I feel like pvpin and when I dont, I usually dont have enough motivation to fix macros / UI..
So basicly I end up doing big UI overhauls at once and then my addons dont sync properly/overlaps and will end up fixing at point when something actually destroys my gameplay.:blink:

Clips in the video are from Feb-April so my UI varies a little, duel with Nerdstark is from February I think, after that I did several fixes.

BUT I will try my best to work on UI to make it more
"watchable".

It will propably end up still being semi mid heavy, in the end I need to prioritize my own gameplay.

grGuDNK.jpg

edit. forgot to thank you for this awesome pic

Last edited:
tfw all DC reflects and failled EP trinket bursts edited away for the sake of some action vs Olddrivers and ending it versus Nedstark, why didnt you take on Horo while you were at it?

tfw all DC reflects and failled EP trinket bursts edited away for the sake of some action vs Olddrivers and ending it versus Nedstark, why didnt you take on Horo while you were at it?

Stop being an asshole mr PvP GOD, let Rains post what he wants, I'm sure he accepts constructive criticism, but you just want to be a smartass. If you're here to be a dick please move along and save us from your cancerous comments :)

:blushing:please tell me why would anyone make pvp vid from clips where you get outplayed / play miserably ?

Top Bottom