• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Rainy weather

Ghostly

On numerous private servers I've played at, there was one very annyoing bug: it kept raining. Basically, if a zone could have rainy weather, it did rain like 90% of the time. Elwynn, Feralas, Stranglethorn, you name it. Sunny weather was extremely scarce. Is it going to be any different here? Yeah, this might sound like a not very relevant issue, and I agree that a small bit of rain here and there is pretty nice, but believe me: having to look at the world through that damn gray filter and listen to that damn ambient sound all the time really, really sucks. For real.

On the second Kronos, I've grinded stranglethorn book pages for way longer than I'd have liked. Haven't noticed rain at all. I'm sure it was raining sometimes, but there definitely was a lot of sunshine too.

But you can't play on kronos with client side file mods...
Modifying files in your game client is against the Blizzard's terms of use. You could be banned for redrawing blizzard's glue interface or changing the model appearance in game. But nobody gets banned just for having different login screen or slightly improved look of your character model. Similar rules apply here at Twinstar.

Rules are here to ensure fair play without cheaters, spammers or other game breaking entities.
You are not allowed to hack graphics in any way but if you do, it is tolerable as long as it does not affect other player's gameplay and does not bring you certain advantages, you can't achieve without it.

"...it is tolerable as long as it does not affect other player's gameplay and does not bring you certain advantages, you can't achieve without it."

Please... not this again.

From the servers point of view you can't detect if the client change is beneficial (or even a hack) or just cosmetic. Either you allow dbc changes in general or you don't.
As much as I like the dark nights, it leaves room for exploits.

Last edited:
From the servers point of view you can't detect if the client change is beneficial (or even a hack) or just cosmetic.
Really? They can't just check that only LightIntBand.dbc is modified? Or there can be a hack even with only LightIntBand.dbc modified? Or they can check for only few available mods, and consider any other change as a hack? Or..?

Too many questions. I'd wait for the official response on the dark nights problem. Now it seems that "it's tolerable" means... it's tolerable :)

Really? They can't just check that only LightIntBand.dbc is modified? Or there can be a hack even with only LightIntBand.dbc modified? Or they can check for only few available mods, and consider any other change as a hack? Or..?

Too many questions. I'd wait for the official response on the dark nights problem. Now it seems that "it's tolerable" means... it's tolerable :)
The thing is you permit one client modification and hacker will find a way to hack the game through that allowed modification... That's why it should be strictly forbidden to allow any kinds of modifications...

As Lharts sayed, there is no way to check your client. Hacks are detectable, because you act "weirdly" in game, but if you have "darker nights" then the only way to discover it is, when you post screenshot where it can be seen.

We can check everything. We can make you redownload the whole client everytime you log on the realm, prevents any shenanigans except memory hacks.

Of course it's a pretty bad idea, so nobody does that.

As Lharts sayed, there is no way to check your client. Hacks are detectable, because you act "weirdly" in game, but if you have "darker nights" then the only way to discover it is, when you post screenshot where it can be seen.

You misunderstood. The server CAN detect clients changes, but he can't detect if the changes are beneficial for the user (hack) or just cosmetic.

Top Bottom