• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Rankers griefing on K3?

nimeralos

Authorized
With the recent .join BG feature, it's very likely that those who rank will kill lowbies in Un'Goro/BRM/... instead of AFKing in a capital city between the BGs. It's not an issue when queues are instant, but they can't be instant 24/7. And no, it's not going to cause epic wPvP, more like, ranking premades dodging each other to smash pugs - as always, but in the open world. Would you consider disabling the feature if farmers/levelers and other non-rankers suffer from it too much?

Pretty sure there are alot of ppl who are more than willing to hunt premades that farm lowbies between qpops. Doubt it will turn in to a huge problem. If you wanna que as 5+ you need to do that from a battlemaster anyways.

Pretty sure there are alot of ppl who are more than willing to hunt premades that farm lowbies between qpops.
Rankers usually spend more time in game than non-rankers. Or, remember Iganklowbies? Sure, some people were willing to teach him a lesson, but (s)he had more free time and was always back to ganking lowbies soon.
If you wanna que as 5+ you need to do that from a battlemaster anyways.
Is it so, you can't .join as a raid?

idk if this was restricted to group sized larger then 2, but I could join with a friend through .join.
Pretty sure there are alot of ppl who are more than willing to hunt premades that farm lowbies between qpops.
wouldn't that be exactly what premades want?

blizzard has used the system to permit people to join from anywhere for a decade and its not that much more ganking. It adds more ganking than when a ranker decides to go ganking as no battleground opens up since no one travels back & forth to capital to que. In a way it reduces their pressence since there are more battlegrounds up.

No ranker will afk in BGs because thats minus honor. On LH and Nost they queue up in Org and hearth stone or group + leaving port to Kargath and fly over the Burning Steppes. They are in Burning Stepps in 2mins. What you will see though is that you wont be able to dodge them as easily as before. Before BS was the goto gank area. Now it will be across the world (Felwood, EPL, WPL, Winterspring etc. etc.)

Well considering heartsone has a 60 min. CD and they are around for 2 min. they wont impact much. And yea i know... forums are very buggy as of late :( also it is not like they are invincible or guaranteed to find a lot or do so all the time either as its a tedious thing to do or repeat not to mention it might not earn you any honor if you are unlucky and only find a single player who escapes or joins a battlegorund before they get too close.

I mean they arent around for 2min but they need 2min to traverse to Burning Steppes to start ganking. If hearthstone is one CD, then they group up, go into a RFC and leave group to get ported to Kargath in 1min. Then they take the wyern which also takes a minute. Then they are in BS ready to wPvP/farm honor. Horde queues are known to be higher and often around 10-20mins, so it definitely is worth it to farm. Now they will farm all over the world. It has to be seen how it pans out, but I as an avid wPvPer greet the change as I can PvP and herb in gorgeous zones such as Winterspring or the eery Eastern Plaguelands. I HATE Burning Steppes.

can they instantly despawn out anywhere in the world when the queue gives them a BG to join? then they can use it to run away also?^^ i know i have seen situations on v crowded server where yeah around a certain level there are whole areas that become unplayable due to non stop ganking so you have to isolate yourself to level up which is kinda all or nothing, game becomes boring until 60.

blizzard has used the system to permit people to join from anywhere for a decade and its not that much more ganking.
Because post-Vanilla, there's no pressure to gain slightly more honor by ganking. Some of you say that rankers would gank between BGs anyway. But the feature makes it way easier and more diverse. I'm sure a lot of people will complain if all the highlevel zones are full of geared, grouped and coordinated rankers (avoiding each other).
I think that its wrong to call world pvp "griefing".
It's likely to involve cross-faction "silent coordination": no rational ranking premade would attack another ranking premade. This is when ganking becomes griefing IMO. But well, we'll see, I'm just pointing out a possible major flaw in the system.

Top Bottom