• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information Realm Merge

Chero

Kronos Administrator
Dear players of Kronos,

This is the announcement we are sure you have been tearing your hair out waiting to see. You must wait no longer. The team here have been working endlessly to prepare ourselves for the upcoming merge. We now have a lot more details to introduce to you. First of all. You’re probably wondering when the merge will occur. We are happy to announce that the merge will occur on Wednesday 15th March 2017. The servers will be brought down shortly after the honor and instance reset for the week. Which occurs at 6:00 AM server time. We expect the merge to take anywhere between 2 to 6 hours to complete. This allows time for everything to finish correctly.

We know you have plenty of questions and we’re here to try to help answer as many of these questions as we can. The purpose of this post is to reassure you of all of your worries and let you know that everything will be okay.

Read More

Regarding character deletion:
Let me attempt to clarify this.

If a character has over an hour played it won't be deleted. If a character has been logged in after January 2017 it won't be deleted.

Less than an hour played AND not having logged in since January 2017 are the two conditions BOTH must be met for deletion.

For example, if i have a level 12 warrior and he has 4 hours played but has not logged in for over a year. He won't be deleted.

or

For example, I have a level 1 character who has under 1 hour played but I log him in before the merge. He will not be deleted.

No one who has spent more than an hour on a character will have it deleted.

Last edited:
Ehm hello, Faction change & Naxx release !??!?!?!?!?!

Stop with this freaking faction change spam. They've already said it severals times that they will announce it when ready.

And you thought Starks were a patient house..

Last edited:
Reactions: dms
Any characters with less than 60 minutes /played and have not been logged in since the 1st January 2017 will be deleted!

Does a character need to satisfy both conditions to get deleted or only one?

Does a character need to satisfy both conditions to get deleted or only one?

To avoid any of your characters being deleted, make sure you log into all of your characters. Even logging in for just a second and then logging back out will ensure your character will be safe.

To avoid any of your characters being deleted, make sure you log into all of your characters. Even logging in for just a second and then logging back out will ensure your character will be safe.

Instead of auto deleting, could you not auto stash them??
This becomes a very hairy Problem if one has more than 10 accounts full of characters and releasing an information that important only three days before the merge could make some inactive players very pissed off, which would be a Bad advertisement for kronos.

Please reconsider this.

For the rest of the news: thank you for the work and efforts!!

Instead of auto deleting, could you not auto stash them??
This becomes a very hairy Problem if one has more than 10 accounts full of characters and releasing an information that important only three days before the merge could make some inactive players very pissed off, which would be a Bad advertisement for kronos.

Please reconsider this.

Back when I cared about a name change, I didn't get it even though the character was never, ever played. He's still rotting away for years now.

So they pissed off a player who was very active just to help somebody out who most likely didn't even know anything about it.

Back when I cared about a name change, I didn't get it even though the character was never, ever played. He's still rotting away for years now.

So they pissed off a player who was very active just to help somebody out who most likely didn't even know anything about it.

Why not stash the characters which are affected by the two rules and if they want to come back and their name is taken -> rename. That's better than just deleting old characters.

Why stash 100 thousand characters with less than 60 minutes played, and half of them were never logged in at all?

We are talking about one hour played, not days.

Great great great news! Also looks like you came out with some brilliant ideas to handle all the post-merge conflicts. KUDOS!

Why stash 100 thousand characters with less than 60 minutes played, and half of them were never logged in at all?

We are talking about one hour played, not days.

Your point is right if we talk about characters that have not been played for years, but I think some people could really miss it because of the "both conditions have to be met" and they have only 3 days time now. What if somebody is pretty busy with family and takes a break since let's say end of 2016? When he comes back from his break, his characters though he would like to start again with naxx release. That is the main thing I am concerned about.

Let me attempt to clarify this.

If a character has over an hour played it won't be deleted. If a character has been logged in after January 2017 it won't be deleted.

Less than an hour played AND not having logged in since January 2017 are the two conditions BOTH must be met for deletion.

For example, if i have a level 12 warrior and he has 4 hours played but has not logged in for over a year. He won't be deleted.

or

For example, I have a level 1 character who has under 1 hour played but I log him in before the merge. He will not be deleted.

No one who has spent more than an hour on a character will have it deleted.

Last edited:
Less than an hour played AND not having logged in since January 2017 are the two conditions for deletion.
Yep, this is how I understand it too. It will most likely only be characters around like lvl 20 and down that has a chance to get deleted because it usually takes more than an hour to get above that level. Thats why Chero tells us to log our low lvl banks, twinks etc. as soon as possible so they don't meet both conditions for deletion.

dff779a6bb.png

made this cause words are hard

how i cna enter my chars if i cant log in? it says server is up but i cant log in. i get dced. after authenticating.

o it says servers offline now.

i'll wait then. make sure you get server up till the merge or postpone :D

and waht about chars with same name in difrent realms?
pleas edit main anoucement page about this so people will not have to scroll all this post.

Last edited:
Top Bottom