• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Paladin Reckoning - Revisit

Hisana

I will go through certain aspects of the talent Reckoning. I will provide different sources as proof and talk about each individual source as to what it can and cannot tell us. Please pay attention to which aspect of the talent I am refering to and which source I refer to when talking about it. If you want to talk about other aspects, please open a new thread. Sources are listed at the buttom. If you're going to post here, please try to provide evidence. Your opinion on "how it should be" isn't appreciated. Provide new evidence or discuss the evidence already provided.

Aspect 1 - Generating Reckoning charges by getting critted while sitting down.

Source #2 reads:

"Can I sit down to force a crit and gain a charge?

Charges will not generate off auto attacks or npc attacks by trying to sit down and force a crit. However, ability crits from physical abilities such as Sinister Strike, Hamstring, Auto-shot, Aimed shot, etc will generate a charge if you're sitting."

This source seems to be from patch 1.10.0. Does anyone have any evidence for this change?

Source #1 shows us that it was possible to collect charges by sitting down, even after the release of AQ40.

Aspect 2 - Losing your Reckoning charges.

Source #2 reads:

"Why didn't my Reckoning bomb go off?

The following things can cause you to drop your charges:
* Ending a Duel
* Mounting up (including gryphons)
* Autoattacking too early (e.g. from out of range)
* Switching Continents * Switching Weapons
* Losing control of your character (Fear, Scattershot, Blind, Polymorph, Mind Control, etc.)

You will however retain reckoning charges after casting Blessing of Protection on yourself or Divine Shield."

This source tells us that it is possible to lose your stacks under the above mentioned circumstances.

The same source reads:

"How long do charges last?

Forever, as long as they aren't knocked off by one of the afforemented reasons for Reckonings dropping above. If you heal for a minute and then release you'll see them all. If you duel a rogue friend, charge up, and then run across the map to find a horde to kill, they will likely evaporate. So, as long as you use it sensibly you shouldn't notice an issue."

In conclusion: This source tells us that it was a known issue that charges would sometimes evaporate for the above mentioned reasons and that, if you wanted to make sure that you didn't lose them, you'd need to avoid the things listed. It doesn't say that you would for certain lose your stacks if you did any of the mentioned things, the list serves to provide you with an answer as to why it could have happened. If you would 100% lose your stacks for one of the above mentioned reasons, it would be incredibly easy to test and the source does not speak with such certainty.

Source #3 reads:

"Tip 1 for reckoning users. ReckCounter will reset in combat when you get...
1: Feared
2: Blinded
3: Scatter shotted
4: Polymorphed"

Conclusion: ReckCounter is the name of the addon that tracks your charges. This source tells us that the addon will reset while in combat if your character is affected by one of the above mentioned abilities. It doesn't say that you actually lose your charges.

KRONOS VERDICT

On Kronos you can sit and generate charges from both players and NPC. You will, however, lose those charges 100% of the time if your character is affected by any of the circumstances mentioned by source #2. You will lose your charges every time you mount up, every time you end a duel, every time you swap weapons, every time you get blinded, scatter shot, etc. So on Kronos, what is described as a thing that could happen, is scripted law.

DISCUSSION

It seems to have been Blizlike to generate charges through sitting down until at least some time after AQ40. Does anyone have any evidence for this to change?

What is described mostly as a bug by two sources, apart from attacking too early, is scripted law on Kronos.
Does anyone have any evidence that it should the be one or the other?

SOURCES

Source #1

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuPEzEoexLI

Content: It's a video guide made by a person trying to teach us that we can sit down to collect charges through crits and then dis-engage from combat and unload a Reckoning bomb onto a player somewhere else on the map.

Source #2

Link: http://blue.cardplace.com/cache/wow-paladin/1069149.htm

Content: Old thread on the topic of how the talent Reckoning works.

Source #3

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQzxgkXRA1Y&feature=youtu.be

Content: At 5:28 it reads that the addons that tracks your charges will reset while in combat if you lose control of your character. It doesn't say that the charges are actually lost.

Last edited:
I'm using this next post to add my own opinion on the sources.

It seems to be true that charges could sometimes drop under above mentioned circumstanes. It does, however, not seem to have been intentional or something that was guaranteed to happen. If it wasn't guaranteed to happen, would it then really be intentional? Sounds really odd to me.

Source 3 specifically tells us that it is the addon that resets, not your charges.

So both of the sources we use for this aspect, both don't tell us it actually drops our charges.

I cannot find any evidence that supports the claim that it was changed so that you can no longer gain charges by sitting down.

Top Bottom