• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Reflection about PvP rage

lanevegame

Authorized
Personally I always try to manage the "PvP rage", you know when you smash your keyboard on the desk or scream like a 10 y/o who just broke his toy, I try to avoid it as much as I can. But it keeps happening to me no matter what, especially when I've played "a bit" too much or I'm simply tired and I get triggered so easily.
The worst thing about this kind of rage is that most of times I try to relieve it by writing nasty insults in chat; for instance when you solo queue for WSG and you get stomped by a premade, then you start insulting your pug team or denigrate the opposing team with phrases like "what a bunch of overgeared shitters" and alike.

Rage is something illogical so there's probably no thought that could make it go away forever, not even the brightest piffany you could ever have. But there's this very simple thought that keeps knocking at my head every time I PvP rage, those people I'm raging to are also the same people that let me play the game; without opponents (even if they are a "bunch of overgeared shitters") and without allies (even if they're the worst pug ever) I wouldn't be able to play at all.
It's a very simple logic, nothing new really, but it's something that I probably should focus on as much as possible to kill all that senseless hatred inside of me.

This sounds like something a hippie would say, but sometimes I feel like I should try to transform that hate in respect. Respect your opponents and your allies becouse they are the reason why you can still play this game after 13 years since the release.

I also wanted to symbolically say sorry to the hundreds (maybe thousands!) of people I've PvP'd with in the last seven years without respecting them.

Peace!

A random screenshot:

weird-wsg3.jpg

Sometimes you're gonna lose fights or battles and it's not in your power to change that. In the AV weekend prior to the most recent one, I played a single game - I entered and got killed by a mage within 2 global cooldowns, and logged off thinking "this is stupid, why would I play this unbalanced piece of crap when I could be playing <insert modern balanced game> instead".

At that point you can just leave the bg and do something else, scream at your monitor, or just continue playing. Overall I believe that playing in a group, even if it's just a duo, is ten times more fun than playing alone. This is how MMOs are intended to be played, anyway.

No need to apologise! I think you will find that people appreciate insults more than compliments. There is also something very beautiful about somebody completely losing his marbles in a battleground. For instance, I have never had a bad battleground experience with Alwaysrussia.

Don’t worry about the hate part either. [video=youtube;Jaqufq_2LBo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jaqufq_2LBo[/video]

No matter who is on my BG team and who is against

I always says - you gais trash

then we win or lose who cares

its just game and real life only in the silence of the Moonglade grove

Sometimes they says gurmi u stronk or gurmi u sucks and its fine, i just in love with xposed

everyone call me traitor on both sides but horde add 'fucking' traitor so i pref barrens then

but barrens very hot place and stinks of pigs (haram)

Every day I go to the stratholme. A burning city, why has it been burning for a hundred years?
Because your mom whure xD xDXDxD

LF frends, im fine person. Ask Eywin

you have to insult your teammates. how else would they know that you are the only capable player in your team?

No matter who is on my BG team and who is against

I always says - you gais trash

then we win or lose who cares

its just game and real life only in the silence of the Moonglade grove

Sometimes they says gurmi u stronk or gurmi u sucks and its fine, i just in love with xposed

everyone call me traitor on both sides but horde add 'fucking' traitor so i pref barrens then

but barrens very hot place and stinks of pigs (haram)

Every day I go to the stratholme. A burning city, why has it been burning for a hundred years?
Because your mom whure xD xDXDxD

LF frends, im fine person. Ask Eywin

amen.

Top Bottom