• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other Regarding PvE (Raids): How is the situation for Paladins and Priest?

Octavian

Hello guys,

firstly, sorry for my crappy english. :(

While I am slowly downloading the torrent, I though to come here and ask a few questions regarding the "needs" of raiding guilds on this server, especially Alliance.
Are Holy Paladins and perhaps Priests (Holy) looked for in raids?
And do the raid guilds here accept hybrids, especially Shadow Priest, within their ranks?

I would really like to play one of these three options here in a raid guild on the Alliance and would be very thankful for any input. :)

Octavian

If you want to know what classes are most guilds currently looking for, check the guilds sub-forum :wink: it is very active.

Well how do I put it, dwarf is a no go for me. Either human or Nelf (yeah, racial bias, I admit it :) )

obviously dwarf priest/pala is much better than human, especially for pvp but dont listen to them.
play whatever race you like the most. You will have no trouble finding a good guild.

if a guild prioritizes fear ward dwarf priest to a good player priest it's their problem.
sit back and laugh at bad dwarf priests dying in fire cause too bad to move their asses.

Last edited:
I beg to differ, dwarves are not better than humans for PvP :huh:

It strongly depends on your spec and oponnent. Against rogues there is nothing better (on alliance) than a dwarf. Also stoneform is good against hunters. For ret paladins human sword/mace special is quite usefull.

It strongly depends on your spec and oponnent. Against rogues there is nothing better (on alliance) than a dwarf. Also stoneform is good against hunters. For ret paladins human sword/mace special is quite usefull.

You said it yourself, it strongly depends on your oponent. And totally forget Perception, which rules against rogue and druids in battlegrounds.

For PvP...

Human:
  • Perception - good against rogue and nothing else (arguably sneaky druids)

Dwarf:
  • Stone form - good against bleeds (warriors, rogues, druids), hunters, AND ROGUES
  • Fear Ward - good against anyone and anything that throws fears on anyone in your party

Simple count gives you the answer.

For PvP...

Human:
  • Perception - good against rogue and nothing else (arguably sneaky druids)

Dwarf:
  • Stone form - good against bleeds (warriors, rogues, druids), hunters, AND ROGUES
  • Fear Ward - good against anyone and anything that throws fears on anyone in your party

Simple count gives you the answer.

Human:
  • Perception - good against rogue and druids
  • Mace and Sword spec - good against everyone

We were talking about priest and paladins, so since fear ward only apply to priests, its worth is half for your argument.

Even more, stone form is fairly good for survability, but when it comes to winning BGs like arathi basin or alterac valley perception is way better for focusing on completing goals, at least in my humble opinion.

Yep, simple count gives you the answer :wink:

Last edited:
It's not 1%, reduces chance to miss against people by 0.2% (0.04% per weapon skill point). You have fun too.

Yeah, I was wrong, and it is as you say and not 1% (even though I was thinking that it was around 0.6%), but that's far from being useless for PvP, specially if you consider talents, gear and effects that reduce the chance to hit of enemies.

Cheers!

Top Bottom