• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Regarding the current server situation

tristan

Authorized
Hello, first of all I'm very sorry for the wall of text, but I felt that considering what is it about, it was totally needed. So here we go.

I am a player who has been here since the very beggining of Kronos 3, the international version (yes, this is the third version of the server, and previous ones were Czech only), and even for some months before that.
I watched how your project progressed, and chosed you over Nost even when it released a month earlier.
I made my decision because I got convinced on your project: your good work on making blizzlike mechanics to work, the transparency you showed and you still show (which I've never seen on another private sever), and how you take your players opinions into consideration for most decisions you make. I've contributed to the bugtracker as much as my free time let me, and been active on the social media of the server over the time.
I know you are not perfect, you have made mistakes in the past, and you learned from them. Keep doing that. You can learn to from the mistakes that other projects have made too, don't close your eyes and always be aware of your competition.

But now is blatant that you are in a very complicated situation concern us all as a community. You need to take action, because if you don't, your whole project can fail. The next few weeks will be a turning point on Kronos' future.
For all of that, is why I feel that I need to express my opinion on this matter at this time.

This is a list of what I think you should do in sequencial order:

1. Do whatever you have to do to fix latency issues. NOW. If it means a 2 weeks downtime so be it, but it has to be right now, don't let more time pass. This is the most important thing to fix right now because that is the main thing that is scaring people away. You will probably lose some players to this, but the sooner it happens the better, because when you are back online players still won't have a real alternative to switch, and most of them will come back anyways.

2. Most developing efforts should be on fixing the pathing system. Is the only thing on Kronos that has real problems, and it taints all the other good scripts. Many people like to mock the server for naming it self "the most advanced in the universe", and having a very problematic pathing system which is a basic thing for a true gaming experience can be enjoyed. That's very bad for publicity and hurts the server image.

3. Focus on good Naxxramas advertising (and developing of course, on next priorty after pathing). There are literally no vanilla server that offer that content, and there will be none for a while. Do PTR for it, and release gameplay videos of the raid of how it is well scripted. That is your best way to attract new people: only you will have it for quite a long time.

4. Make an advertising video showing all the good things that Kronos has, just like you used to make when the server had not released yet: engineering, mob AI, dungeon events, quest events, endgame raids, etc. Show your quality to the public, you haven't done it in a very long time! Take advantage of that.

And finally, about the merge. I know you have already said that you don't plan to do it, altough you still have it on discussion. This is what I can say in that regard.

KI feels abandoned, almost no GM's around and very low population. It's hard to PvP and find people to do regular dungeons. Even though I've seen the server evolution over time since the beggining, and the current population feels very similar to what it was before the 7x event, the difference is that at that time KI was your only realm and all your efforts were focused on it. Now, it seems that you care more for KII than KI. That is not fair to your old and loyal players such as myself, and is not good for your image either, showing that you don't care for them.
It seems logical that, as some other people stated, a great part of KII playerbase will abandon the realm when this new "Nost 2.0" server comes out, more than KI. But that is a roulette: that project can be a total failure, or a total sucess. The only sure thing is that when that time come, you will lose a lot of players on both KI and KII, at least for a while. If that continues that way will depend on many factors, some that you can't control, and some that you CAN. And by that I mean that one of the factors you can control is having a strong and united comunity, not a divided one like we are now.

Over the years has happened to many growing guilds that they reach a point when they have too many people for their progression roster and main raiders have to sit for their weekly raids, losing the chance to get loot and improve their performance. So they decided to do split raids: with less people, but with the chance of double loot that week. It seemed like the best option, and almost a win/win situation, but on most cases those guilds fell apart not that long after they made that decision. Why? Because they divided their forces. The effort to be able to complete both raids in a weekly basis was too much for their leadership and to the raiders too. This example is exactly what is happening to our community right now.

Plus, now you don't have the incredibly huge load of people you had after Nost's shutdown anymore, and you again have direct competition after not having it at all for a while (or you are about to have).

KI needs to feel included and taken care of. Take a step in advance. Unite your poeple in one realm.

So, I think you should do the following.
On KII:
1. Release ZG and Dragon's of Nightmare, together, ASAP.
2. Release the AQ scepter quest for opening the gates after a couple of weeks of ZG and Dragons. Start the War Effort along with it, but when the first person finishes the AQ scepter quest, instantly finish the War Effort and schedule the 10 hour gates opening event for the next upcoming weekend. With this people will have some time to farm the Dragons and ZG while they work on their rep and materials farm for the AQ scepter quest, as they can farm some other stuff with the War Effort too.

And then, now that both servers are on the same content, wait 2 raid raid resets (for the people on KII can have the realm firsts kills) and enable transfers from KI to KII, keeping in mind that for characters with the same nickname, the older character keeps it and the newer is forced to rename. Then, announce a scheduled close date for Kronos I. When that date arrives, close it, and rename Kronos II to only Kronos.

I know some people won't like this, because of many reasons: they want to experience the full event, other people will have the bug mount too, etc. But lets be real: no solution will ever keep everyone happy.
I think this is the best solution that will help more and do less harm than any other alternative to the community. Personally, I don't like the idea of a merge and I wish it would never happen, but sadly for me it's necessary at this point.

I know too that all of this whole process will require a huge effort and lots of work, but it will totally worth it. I think that it should take a couple of months at best, and the sooner the better.

Please always take this as a suggestion from an old loyal player for what you should do, to contribute to keep making this project the best vanilla experience in the universe as it really should be.

Regards.

All the active GM's play on K2. They also do not want a server merge. They think nost will either fail or that they wont lose that much population. And lastly they want absolutely nothing to do with the cancer aids that is k1 players with 10 7x alts.

Otherwise a solid post, pretty much agree with everything the OP says.

Such a good post with such good ideas. Unfortunately it feels Kronos staff just doesn't give a shit about K1 anymore.
It feels so unfair, i was lvl 48 when Nost got shut down, lvled to 60 on Kronos and right after it K2 was announced.
So much time invested on my character for ending up on a dead realm (and yes a realm full of raid loggers is dead realm).
I am so sick of earing K2 players taking the excuse of the 7x xp event that happened months ago to annihilate any chance of a merge in the futur. I didn't even get to benefit from that event, yet i suffer from it.
The fact Kronos team even considered to make another one and that they consider the population is fine on both servers just kills me...
If K1 dies, i am not going to K2 or Elyseum. I am fucking done...
This whole competition between projects is fucking stupid and making competition within the same project (K1 and K2) is even more stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

What makes you say that? there are a few Gms that actively play on K1 both as gm and as a player most guildless.

The fact that K1 players have to make tickets on K2 to get an answer to their tickets on K1.

I made a ticket months ago and it took 3 weeks to get an answer from a GM. And the answer i got was like completely out of subject,.. It really leaves a bitter taste, i didn t even bother making another ticket.

Last edited:
1. Do whatever you have to do to fix latency issues. NOW. If it means a 2 weeks downtime so be it, but it has to be right now, don't let more time pass. This is the most important thing to fix right now because that is the main thing that is scaring people away.

Do it. Seriously, do it. This is why I and my guild chose Kronos when it opened in the first place and abandoned Nostalrius after leveling for a bit, and for the past 1-2 months we can't have a decent raid because of insane lag spikes all the time.

Change host if need be, but do something about it. It's ridiculous. I don't want to play with random spikes all the time. It's infuriating.

Last edited:
It's fairly clear at this point that Kronos just wants to roll the dice that the Nost reboot is a failure. Never mind the fact this isn't an unproved core being launched such as Crestfall, this is a core that has been live with up to 15,000 people playing on it at once. Really the only ? is will their hardware be able to cope with the amount of interest, and considering they are doing a stress test this next weekend they will have a pretty darn good idea.

What makes you say that? there are a few Gms that actively play on K1 both as gm and as a player most guildless.

You make me say that, you are literally the most active GM on this forum presently and you play on K2, Not to mention in a thread on the topic of merger, you openly stated that if a merger were to happen K1 players would have to accept that we would basically lose our gear/gold/alts. Thus it has become abundantly clear to me that the mantra amongst kronos staff now is "fuck k1, make k2 work/thrive."

The rest of my post is more insinuations based off the fact that if this true than you guys must certainly think that nost/elysium is going to fail and that K2 has nothing to fear.

Yeah, what Varth said, it's clear that Kronos staff chose to take a gamble and hope for Nostalrius relaunch to fail, but if it doesn't...well, then we're all about to lose that dice roll I guess.

You make me say that, you are literally the most active GM on this forum presently and you play on K2, Not to mention in a thread on the topic of merger, you openly stated that if a merger were to happen K1 players would have to accept that we would basically lose our gear/gold/alts. Thus it has become abundantly clear to me that the mantra amongst kronos staff now is "fuck k1, make k2 work/thrive."

The rest of my post is more insinuations based off the fact that if this true than you guys must certainly think that nost/elysium is going to fail and that K2 has nothing to fear.
for real? lmfao

I suggested exactly what your #1 point is, yesterday, and the post got deleted.

So not only are GM's deleting posts/threads they are also trying to cover up things by saying people are "misrepresenting their words".

e712b42823eb44e084fde78c31c2c53f.png

At some point, people need to stop being delusional. Honestly, ask yourself when was the last time the server was stable past 9pm for more than 3 weeks?

Easy, January 2016 before x7 event when we were merely 800 still playing on a swedish server with no Ddos protection.

I suggested exactly what your #1 point is, yesterday, and the post got deleted.

So not only are GM's deleting posts/threads they are also trying to cover up things by saying people are "misrepresenting their words".

They deleted the thread from the forums and the "graveyard" aswell so you can't read it anymore.

Even if Kronos I and II have the same name and they are both part of the same project, we must consider them as two completely separated servers. If you start to think this way then you'll easily understand why a merge will never happen.

When E.D. failed and I came on Kronos I couldn't bring my old characters with me, same goes for all the Nastradamus refugees. What would've happen if Kronos allowed some sort of characters databases merge with an external server? The original Kronos population would've risen against this and eventually leave Kronos forever.

The only difference with the current situation is that the administrators actually have direct access to both Kronos I and II databases, unlike for Nostradamus or any other external project. But other than this technical detail, it's the same situation and there would be the same undesirable consequences. The administrators simply don't want to screw up their main project Kronos II by disappointing the majority of the community.

Right now Kronos I is on the way to become yet another failed vanilla server like E.D., Rebeef or Nostradamus. So the solution, like when we lost our characters on those other servers, is to start all over again on the new healthy server, and in this case we're talking about Kronos II.

Yes, I don't like the situation either. Even though I'm not really concerned about the medium/low population, but more about the future of Kronos I, since every new player is going to choose the main project (Kronos II), Kronos I is obviously destined to slowly die (here we go with the meme).

People act as if merging means K2 players lose out or something. The players don't lose ANYTHING. K2 players gain 3 more raids without the pain of a War Effort that drags on and most have done before. A united server means more pvp and ALL the new blood is no longer split, or lopsided in one place. Also, one server is surely easier for GM's to manage.

We keep posting over and over because we're entrenched in the community. We know exactly how this is going to play out. K2 players think they can gloat now because they're bigger, but just wait.

I think the main reason why most of the K2 players don't want the merge to happen is that they feel they are going to get smashed by the people in AQ gear in pvp.

I don't get it thought because AQ gear is just slightly better than BWL gear.
They also seem to forget that characters from both horde and alliance will arrive, so it will balance things.

Anyway the more time passes, the more i feel the merge is not going to happen.
We are only getting sporadic answers from K2 GMs and they are all out of subject no matter how hard people try to explain whats going on K1 and what will happen in the next weeks on K2.
Even constructive suggestions are not answered... They are even deleting posts where people show to everyone how illogical their decisions (non decisions actually) are.
They simply don't give a shit about K1 anymore.

Still wondering why the GM's would delete a legitimate post I made when clearly people were responding and giving feedback.

Last edited:
If you merged K2 onto K1, K2 players would gain more content but miss out on the epic adventure of the war effort and farming the bug mount:lol:. Oh well, I guess people can enjoy that on a virtually dead server if Ely isn't a complete failure; let's face it, K2's pop is probably a majority of ex-Nost players who are only playing there due to a lack of options and are itching to either go back to Nost or try something like CF which at least has the potential to be something better.

Basically, as the OP said, the Kronos staff needs to take action now if they want the server to live. No more podcasts and forum posts full of conjecture, but real action that creates incentive for people to stay here even when other options present themselves. Actually become "the most advanced adventure in the universe" and people may be persuaded to stay.

^^^
You can still do the sceptor quest after the gates of AQ are opened. I know a couple who are doing it now.

Even if Kronos I and II have the same name and they are both part of the same project, we must consider them as two completely separated servers. If you start to think this way then you'll easily understand why a merge will never happen.

When E.D. failed and I came on Kronos I couldn't bring my old characters with me, same goes for all the Nastradamus refugees. What would've happen if Kronos allowed some sort of characters databases merge with an external server? The original Kronos population would've risen against this and eventually leave Kronos forever.

The only difference with the current situation is that the administrators actually have direct access to both Kronos I and II databases, unlike for Nostradamus or any other external project. But other than this technical detail, it's the same situation and there would be the same undesirable consequences. The administrators simply don't want to screw up their main project Kronos II by disappointing the majority of the community.

That's absolutely not true, it's apples and oranges. Here they have the absolute power of merge whenever they want because they use the same core (their own) and same database structure for both servers. In your examples, the cores and databases of the different servers (that belong to different projects/communities) are most likely very different, hence the work to make a merge possible could be huge.

^^^
You can still do the sceptor quest after the gates of AQ are opened. I know a couple who are doing it now.

You can complete the quest, but you can't obtain the legendary mount. That's something a lot of people want.

Fair enough. But K2 players should know that the gates of AQ will probably never be opened for that mount anyway. With multiple projects available, the core of the server will have long since left.

[K1 > K2] or [Doomsday] Will Get You Nowhere

Although the OP of this thread very eloquent and constructive, I get the feeling that most of the posts that follow ultimately preach the same message: Either K1's interests override K2's ones in a rushed merge, or the whole Kronos project will fail.

I think if K1 or K2 players want a merge to be seriously considered by the whole K1+K2 player-base and the Twinstar administration, both should be willing to compromise. I proposed a couple of ideas before. Another rather radical idea could be to open simultaneously the following one-time character transfers for 1-2 months:

• K1 -> K2 [w/K2 gear/gold limits]
  • K2 -> K1 [w/gold limit]
  • Only one transfer is allowed for each character
Once the 1-2 month transfer period expires, merge the realms based on their active population size (e.g., players logged in the last 1-2 months), choosing the progression state of the most populated one. This means if the majority chooses to downgrade to K2, or to skip-progression to K1, so be it. Alternatively, this could be decided with an in-game poll both in K1 and K2 having similar options to choose from. Personally, I am a K2 player, but I would be fine with either outcome.

In general, the arguments of prioritizing the more advanced progression state over the least advanced one, to appeal new players content-wise (i.e., Naxxramas), which otherwise would go to Elysium, are not really in-line with the preliminary results of what these players actually want, as the vast majority prefer a fresh start, even when it means neglecting their geared max level characters from Nostalrius.

Similarly, I would not write in stone that K2 is going to be a ghost town after Elysium releases. I have talked with many players in-game, and they are definitively staying in the Kronos project.

I think before reaching any conclusion, the Twinstar administration could make a forum and in-game official poll to evaluate what the majority of K1 and K2 player-base wants regarding a potential merge. That is provided they are considering merging at all, which for what I read is not the case at the moment.

Best wishes!

Still wondering why the GM's would delete a legitimate post I made when clearly people were responding and giving feedback.

your post was not legitimate, it was crybaby bs and you have zero arguments, only insults. i said it there and i'll say it again, actually contribute and learn how to post constructively or nobody will care about what you have to say.

i reported your post as being unconstructive and now it's gone, stay mad lol

Last edited:
Re: [K1 > K2] or [Doomsday] Will Get You Nowhere

Although the OP of this thread very eloquent and constructive, I get the feeling that most of the posts that follow ultimately preach the same message: Either K1's interests override K2's ones in a rushed merge, or the whole Kronos project will fail.

I think if K1 or K2 players want a merge to be seriously considered by the whole K1+K2 player-base and the Twinstar administration, both should be willing to compromise. I proposed a couple of ideas before. Another rather radical idea could be to open simultaneously the following one-time character transfers for 1-2 months:

Once the 1-2 month transfer period expires, merge the realms based on their active population size (e.g., players logged in the last 1-2 months), choosing the progression state of the most populated one. This means if the majority chooses to downgrade to K2, or to skip-progression to K1, so be it. Alternatively, this could be decided with an in-game poll both in K1 and K2 having similar options to choose from. Personally, I am a K2 player, but I would be fine with either outcome.

In general, the arguments of prioritizing the more advanced progression state over the least advanced one, to appeal new players content-wise (i.e., Naxxramas), which otherwise would go to Elysium, are not really in-line with the preliminary results of what these players actually want, as the vast majority prefer a fresh start, even when it means neglecting their geared max level characters from Nostalrius.

Similarly, I would not write in stone that K2 is going to be a ghost town after Elysium releases. I have talked with many players in-game, and they are definitively staying in the Kronos project.

I think before reaching any conclusion, the Twinstar administration could make a forum and in-game official poll to evaluate what the majority of K1 and K2 player-base wants regarding a potential merge. That is provided they are considering merging at all, which for what I read is not the case at the moment.

Best wishes!

Serious All your proposition are fucking ridiculous, there is already a poll with more than 550 votes and 85% of the peoples are for the merge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: [K1 > K2] or [Doomsday] Will Get You Nowhere

Best wishes!

This doesn't seem to be getting through to you. The population of both servers dropped after the ddos and then Legion. The two new projects that will open in the coming months will take even more players. Perhaps A LOT from K2 and those remaining on K1. There is NO POINT AT ALL in having two separate low population servers. They will try the quick fix x7 event and when that doesn't work they will finally, begrudgingly, merge. But by then it will be too late.

We are trying to urge action now because a united Kronos, with good population and being ahead in content, has the chance to come out on top. If they just sit around and do nothing then that will be it.

Top Bottom