• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Regarding the merge

Margatroid

I asked Surelock about this on reddit and never got a response, so I'll ask here: When the two realms merge, which realm's code is going to be used?

Everyone in the community seems to agree that K3 is poorly coded compared to K1 and has a lot of bugs, and things that are just stupid, like the extremely difficult triage quest. I have never gotten a clear answer from anyone as to why K3 uses different code, or why it is so much worse.

So, when the realms merge, PLEASE merge K3 into K1, not vice versa. No one wants to play with the K3 code when the K1 code is so much better. And Kronos 1 is the original server anyway, not K3. K1 is the server that me and a lot of other people came here to play on and stuck around because of.

And one other thing: please make sure the /who command works properly as it does on K1. K3's broken /who is one of the most annoying aspects of the server. It makes it extremely difficult to form groups since most people don't hang out in world chat even if they would like to do dungeons. There is no need to compete with other private vanilla servers after Blizzard's servers are released, so please place the players' experience over the "pride" of the server or whatever and allow us to use /who. The command is an important part of playing vanilla WoW, which doesn't have anything like dungeon queues.

Hello, we do use the same core for Kronos I, Kronos III and the public test realm. I don't understand why this assumption is being brought up where players are assuming that project Kronos is using two different cores for the two realms. The core it self has received many updates and improvements over the years in order to emulate a product that is close to what World of Warcraft was back in 2006. Players may not always agree with every update we do because it may interfere with their enjoyment in the game.

I will speak with the admin and see if we could revert the change to the /who function, I can not guarantee that it will be fixed.

As one example for realm differences, I know from personal experience that the "Triage" quest in Theramore was working normally on K1 when I leveled my characters there, but on K3 it is extremely difficult to complete, so difficult that you have to get very lucky with the spawns in order to finish it. Maybe this was changed on both realms after I'd done it on K1, but it seems like a very random and strange intentional change to the core.

Someone also told me that the Paladin spell damage coefficients on K3 are not correct (Consecrate not getting enough bonus from spell power, for example) whereas on K1 they seemed to be fine. Maybe this was just a rumor, I don't know. But if the cores really are the same then that's a relief to me. There's definitely a lot of misinformation spread in the private server scene.

In any case, I appreciate the help about the /who thing. Having it work reliably to find classes within certain level ranges is a big deal for dungeoning.

Last edited:
Top Bottom