• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[Release] Improved Models for 1.12

Current work with panther.. I'm afraid it's still too dark. It really stands out and lightning is kind of weird with purely black objects. The other link is updated, by the way (works OK so far for me).
blackpanther.jpg

As for other cats, I really don't remember where each type lives and what kind of texture would fit them best. Except for a few textures where the mouth is too dark/bright (I guess due to automatic conversions), they are mostly OK (the lioness texture is a tiger atm, I guess that should be different, I'm not sure where it's used). I also haven't figured out what the corners in these textures are supposed to be.

P.S. New link: www.mediafire.com/?s5zcxvhbwhbb2l4
The mounts look great in the model viewer but there are still minor issues with transparency in-game, at least for me. I am done with this, it's unbelievably frustrating. I might add more tiger skins, though.

Last edited:
Looks good, might try to lighten it a bit. Im not tho PS advance user, im really basic user. The only problem is the damn transparency layer that blizzard has in all of her textures. Good is to work the texture in PNG format tho if you can work it directly as blp thats fine too. You need to know the original attributes that texture has, like DXT compression or alpha channels or bit depth. I can give you some tools for that if you want.

Last edited:
www.mediafire.com/?s5zcxvhbwhbb2l4 ..still trying :)
lioness.jpgblack panther.jpg

The problem is the lighting. The difference in colours/light is too big when comparing different light angles and direct light vs in shadow (notice bluish lion belly). Panthers are more or less Ok now but they are pitch black in the shadows. If you also happen to use dark nights, they become darker than Satan. But making them lighter makes them noticably non-black when exposed to light. At least their hues don't vary as much.

P.S. Other than this, the problem was that there are pixels with multiple uses and in one place they are "normal", while in another they are stretched by a factor of 5. Also there are areas where pixels are semi-transparent but then the model enforces different levels of transparency in different places :/

P.S. Link updated. New additions:
tiger1.jpgtiger3.jpgtiger4.jpg
The first two are the "lioness" versions and the last one is the replacement for the cheetah. (Still doesn't look perfect in game, but it seems OK).

P.S. I almost forgot, the cheetah is the druid form texture as well. Something to have in mind.. One can mix and match. I think I am done with this :)

Last edited:
P.S. I almost forgot, the cheetah is the druid form texture as well. Something to have in mind.. One can mix and match. I think I am done with this :)

Just beware so this doesnt cause issues when used together with Zerocools or Balsh HD Character models. They already had edits of the same druid forms in the past so they had to make two versions, one with and one without just to make them combatible. Wouldnt want any more hassle with clashing textures. :whistling:

It won't, it's just a texture. In fact, obviously, the improved models patch is necessary for this to work (so ofc I have this in mind). There was an error with the cheetah, I think it's finally good now. The link is updated.

Alright nice, just had to check. Good work with the cats mate!
Zero, will this be implemented and combined into your patch for various cat creatures in the world?

Alright nice, just had to check. Good work with the cats mate!
Zero, will this be implemented and combined into your patch for various cat creatures in the world?

Yeah probably, i didnt had time to check yet. I got the file tho so when with the first chance ill look at it.

Link is updated once more: http://www.mediafire.com/?b4u0wz64aw34gw4/
I've added frostsabres and improved leopards (the yellow one is optional and doesn't look so good, but I guess some would like druids to remain yellow in travel form so it's included)
WoWScrnShot_040217_071538.jpg

HOWEVER.. There is this artifact that annoys me to no end; I just can't get rid of it :( It's (sort of) fine on panthers and frostsabres, but other cats have these annoying lines floating above the back and under the chin at all times. They're supposed to be invisible but aren't. It may seem a minor thing but they are very visible from certain angles, when many pixels are aligned from camera's point of view.
arrrgrgrhrh.jpg

Last edited:
Seems that might be a mesh or vertice nod forgotten to delete when i was editing the model. I have to check if i have the backup just in case to see it through the 3d editor or check if it is a bug after the conversion. Either way i believe its minor so my suggestion is dont try to hit perfection on it but as close you can reach it. The areas where i could be 100% was many and im glad that i could succeed. Either way vanilla doenst allow much space since the knowledge around editing is low compare i.e WotLK and above. Im waiting to finalize so i can have a better picture to test. Till now great work mate for those fine tunes on the textures.

Updated again: http://www.mediafire.com/?b4u0wz64aw34gw4
I think somehow there are two problems with these:
1) 1 pixel of the texture can appear in two different places in the model. This made some things very difficult because I didn't know this little fact.
2) The model doesn't treat transparency equally across the texture (or so it seems to me). For example, one line of pixels of the tail also appears in the mane around the head (it's possible these were two lines in the original size and worked just fine). I set them to 99% transparent and they are virtually invisible in the mane, while the tail appears normal. But if the pixels are completely deleted, the tail looks bad.
Anyway, I can't figure this out. I will probably update the file once more, to fix a few things with the remaining colours, so you should check for the latest version before merging anything :)

Last edited:
Ok another quick update as im working to fix the links. Thanks to Drood here and leeviathan for those updates. Drood fixed a better looking tiger skins and Lev did an awesome fix patch for those who want to use the chinese version of the undead models, means no bones.

Tiger new Skins
jKHk2Qw.jpg

Undead Chinese model version (No Bones)
TMZpzEy.jpg

dq4tTh1.jpg

Cheers Zero out!

Wanna give a quick update : I disabled the link for main mod due to bug found. Probably today late time ill have it back.

Ok , link for main mod is back, now works properly as a stand alone version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Downloaded and installed this newest version, my Rain of Fire is still mega weak looking compared to it's stock form. Was this fixed and still not working? Or perhaps an oversight (which I would totally understand)?

Downloaded and installed this newest version, my Rain of Fire is still mega weak looking compared to it's stock form. Was this fixed and still not working? Or perhaps an oversight (which I would totally understand)?

Dang it, i forgot to remove it. You can do it your self tho, just delete RainofFire_Impact_Base and RainofFire_Missile files and you done.

That version is the new that Balsh made and is to be used as stand alone since it isn't compatible with my mod. Im working already his version to to work with mine, i mean including the b.elves changes.

Aw alright too bad, hope it will be fixed so they can be used together. Since Balsh now only have one version instead of two, maybe you should remove that druid form that was causing conflict before as well, so there is no hassle with different versions in the future.

Well again i have to make the changes so it will work with blood elves and no need to delete druid forms, never see a point on that ;). Soon ill be done with it so link will be up again. :)

I've been using this for a little while now and love it! So thanks and we'll done. However my main character is undead and on the CSS there is like a crazy light show going on around the char. This is only on Undead. All my graphics are set to the max except for vertical sync being off. Any fix for this? It's such a minor issue. Also how often should I delete WDB? Thanks

Forgot to mention I have the first two mods installed, not the Chinese one.

I've been using this for a little while now and love it! So thanks and we'll done. However my main character is undead and on the CSS there is like a crazy light show going on around the char. This is only on Undead. All my graphics are set to the max except for vertical sync being off. Any fix for this? It's such a minor issue. Also how often should I delete WDB? Thanks

Forgot to mention I have the first two mods installed, not the Chinese one.

Usually this issue is resolved if you have Vertex Animation Shaders on and Anisotropic Filtering set to Max. Other than that it might be a vga driver, so updating you vga driver also might help. Now about deleteting WDB folder depends, if you see weird staff in game the good idea is to delete and also when you make changes to mods.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok i applied the fix on Balsh models and now is working. Remember that the version that i provide is to work ONLY with my patch. If you want to use only the character models aka STAND ALONE then follow the other link on the project description.

I tried this for a few days and it's really good, thank you.

"bugs" i noticed: the infernals are huge and shoulderpads are offset a bit backward on female troll model so they clip with the shoulder.

I tried this for a few days and it's really good, thank you.

"bugs" i noticed: the infernals are huge and shoulderpads are offset a bit backward on female troll model so they clip with the shoulder.

Yup, balsh know this slightly tiny issue tho i believe he aint gonna mess up with it anymore. About those infernals, its not bug its the new model they add on cata if remember correct so its slightly different from the normal and has better texturing. Good to know that you enjoying the mod and reporting those. Have a good one.

But still the new infernal model ignores scaling for some reason :) I've gotten used to them.

If the new infernals are alot bigger, they have changed hitboxes as well right? With a good enough anti-cheat system you could get caught on that I think. This is also the issue when people intentionally make Lotus flower or other things extremely big to farm easily. I hope this can be fixed so everything is as legit as possibly can be.

Btw, how's the weapons beta coming along? Adding new stuff or working on last fixes?

Top Bottom