• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[Release] Improved Models for 1.12

I don't think herbs have hitboxes, it's only appearance. If they ever ban patches over that kind of thing, I am hoping they'd whitelist some of these backport patches because, frankly, the game is about 5000 times better with them.

By the way, I talked to Chero and he will fix the Scalding Broodlings server side. I also told him about the Deepstrider Giant/Dagun sharing model, I really hope he deals with that too. A lot of effort went into Dagun :)

Yes every model has its own hitbox and you cant change it unless you edit it completely. What they do is to change the scale of the model. Now dagun/deepstrider is a bit complicated, since they need to change the record of the deepstrider to a new one, that means they need also to alter dbc files on the client side so they will correspond to the new entry. Not sure if they want to mess right now with that. Weapon/armors is still on 80, havent mess with it. Making some extra small additions on the main mod and mybe will the final ones.
Im re-testing the new cata elemental models they introduced, did that in the earlier version of the patch but since i failed to move the particles i removed it. Now i have succeed on fire elemental, water elemental, trying to fix air and earth almost 80% complete.
Also add new female death skeleton model and working on orc new death skeleton model.

first time trying addon. cant sheath or unsheathe weapons. invisible swords while fighting. any fix?

first time trying addon. cant sheath or unsheathe weapons. invisible swords while fighting. any fix?

This is a known bug as balsh and me found since early testing and cant be fixed unfortunately. Not all races have that issue but the weapon go invisible when you aren't in combat, with the first attack they appear but not sure you that you might have in combat invisible weapons.

Last edited:
Now dagun/deepstrider is a bit complicated, since they need to change the record of the deepstrider to a new one, that means they need also to alter dbc files on the client side so they will correspond to the new entry. Not sure if they want to mess right now with that.
It's easy to fix because there are many giants that look the same but have different ID. It would just be a model with diff. ID but looks completely the same. I suggested a particular one, and explained exactly what we need, but they haven't responded. I know it's not high prio, but it takes literally 2 sec. On a related note, I haven't actually seen Dagun in the game (did the quest long time ago). If he is the same size as Deepstrider, he might need some upscaling on the DBC side. The Deepstrider with the faceless model is way too small. :)

If they also made him attack unarmed, that'd be 100% full immersion, but I am not sure if I should even ask...

Last edited:
Dagun is attacking unarmed and its height looks normal, at least well on my pack when i test him. Now deepstrider (aka faceless model) looks kinds small cause it uses deepstrider now entries.

We has an update regarding my last patch that I'm working the past few days. New models will join and still trying to figure the client crash with legion new Trogg and Yeti models. I hope I can find a workaround.

Legion new model for tent's
xBLwD2I.jpg

Replaced female troll death skeleton
rLQsUFi.jpg

Cata water elemental model replacement
wL11Cp4.jpg

Cata fire elemental model replacement
9zxYZWC.jpg

Anub'Rekhan WotLK model replacement
SrNhcof.jpg

Ironaya WoD model replacement
8wGqlIf.jpg

Dire Maul Gaurd's WoD model replacement
MYN17EP.jpg

Core Hound WoD model replacement
NDjauU3.jpg

Kinf Gordok WoD model replacement
KoeseeS.jpg

Now, the elemental's might not be the final addition, since still have issues with their particles not working correctly.

Ok, salvaged some time and we got some more additions. Weapons mod will be merged, but not all weapons. At the moment the idea is to transfer some basic weapons, like class quest weapons, for example warlock staff.
Trogg Legion new model replacement
uS3y9Oc.jpg

Slug Legion new model replacement (finsternis addition, kinda glitchy on movement animation even the Legion model)
bWW5f0E.jpg

Lok'delar Staff - Legion model replacement
KLOQxqj.jpg

Lok'delar Staff - new item icon
3MoQ9Tl.jpg

Lok'delar Longbow - Legion model replacement
dAVwghs.jpg

Lok'dealr Longbow - new item icon
jBHnH0V.jpg

Ancient Sinew Wrapped Lamina - Legion new model
WCzcXqP.jpg

Soul Harvester - Legion new model replacement (Warlock class quest reward)
KiaQ6lp.jpg

Soul Harvester - New item icon
t0XPgKw.jpg

Quel'Serrar - WotLK model replacement
qrDLByS.jpg

Quel'Serrar - New item icon
DGBhuif.jpg

Obsidian Blade - Cataclysm model replacement
EId82xS.jpg

That's all, more will come. See ya soon.

Ok, salvaged some time and we got some more additions. Weapons mod will be merged, but not all weapons. At the moment the idea is to transfer some basic weapons, like class quest weapons, for example warlock staff.

Why merge weapons mod with the rest? I would love if we could keep the weapons mod and world mod seperate so I can easily just remove the weapons mod when I feel like going with retro-weapons feel, some of the weapons you changed are abit too flashy for vanilla (But I still love the changes!)

I'm merging only basic weapons, like class quest weapons and some more epic. Rest weapons/armors from MC or BwL etc I won't probably continue because of lack of time. Already this was my initial idea, though then I thought of making a new patch and add also armor replacements. I'll see if in the future I can skip the bug with the T19 Legion sets and above all have time to do it. Till now thing seems that with the new changes that happen with 7.3 also put more obstacles on converting the models to vanilla. An example is the new trogg model and slug. With Trogg I was lucky and Finsternis provide me an earlier version and work fine but from what I saw slug new model has issues with the movement animation which also Trogg had before the earlier version.

Ok, some more additions found their way on the patch. Added some detail on the world objects.

Gnoll tents - Legion model replacement
KMt3OAK.jpg

Tirisfall Glade Lampposts - (Undead areas) WoD model replacement
y83cn6H.jpg

Stormwind Lion Statue - Pandarian model replacement
YMcwlAL.jpg

Scarlet Statues - WoD model replacement
kU3kEhm.jpg

LZCQbNI.jpg

Stormwind Fountain - WoD model replacement
5mKYnhS.jpg

Stormwind Banners - WoD model replacement
mrU5tMu.jpg

NOjQPN5.jpg

Orgrimmar Banners - WoD model replacement
T8WXU51.jpg

So, more additions on the last patch. Unfortunately I havent find a way to fix the issue with Legion last models, not sure if I can find a workaround yet.

Replaced party members icons when are not close from Legion
kPGJXLd.jpg

New Alliance Loading Screens
FDDIyrV.jpg

New Horde Loading Screen
pCMdvw0.jpg

New Legion Character Screen icons
1r9JATw.jpg

Knight's Colors Tabard - Legion replacement
Zn8kQ1X.jpg

q7jYrmq.jpg

Stone Guard's Herald Tabard - Legion replacement
f3xGVcQ.jpg

WUXAMU8.jpg

Runeblade of Baron Rivendare - WotLK model replacement with custom aura
7cMsDPs.jpg

CdmkKQm.jpg

Thats all for the moment.

It is kinda confusing to me, can you please link the updated files in the starting post or pm me the download links to the updated versions?

Not sure which are updated and which are not. http://prntscr.com/ia50el modified last year?

But good job on making those :)

Those changes that I'm presenting here will be on the new patch that I will release. So, the last 3 posts having new replacements will be on Patch-1.3 that I'll release, hopefully with some of new 7.3 npc models or from Battle for Azeroth, like Nathanos or Baine for example, and if I manage to resolve the animations bug issue.

Last edited:
Those changes that I'm presenting here will be on the new patch that I will release. So, the last 3 posts having new replacements will be on Patch-1.3 that I'll release, hopefully with some of new 7.3 npc models or from Battle for Azeroth, like Nathanos or Baine for example, and if I manage to resolve the animations bug issue.

Wohoo you are still here! Damn, my bookmarked link here to this thread was broken for some reason so I thought you had deleted the thread and gone, turns out the forums have changed alot around here lately. Anyway, im back! Im thinking about returning for Kronos III so I hope your 1.3 will be released soonish :D Also, It'll be interesting to see if this stuff will work with classic wow servers, but I doubt it. Anyway, great to see you still working on the mod mate!

Yea, but I'm updating really slow the mod since IRL things keeping me busy as also not sure that those new models will work after the last model changes in patch 7.2

Last edited:
So, I have added some new models that will come out with Battle of Azeroth xpansion. At the moment I have manage to add few of them and work normally within game. Check below recent changes :

Replaced Character class icons with a revised and better version
FyseBJD.jpg

BfA Thunderlizard new model
vPt3LYi.jpg

BfA Diemetradon new model
vfBQAWu.jpg

BfA Hyena new model
eUvM0CS.jpg

BfA Horse new model
GshEegT.jpg
That's all for now. Cheers!

Last edited:
Today's additions. Unfortunately some of the new models are giving errors and cant be used. I'll wait for an update to come for the game and see if they are fixed.
BfA Diretroll new model
a29pkTW.jpg

BfA Threshadon new model
ABD4pFY.jpg

BfA Pig new model
AK9gjcj.jpg

BfA Chicken new model
xREbxDc.jpg
Moar to come! :cool:

"Unfortunately some of the new models are giving errors and cant be used. I'll wait for an update to come for the game and see if they are fixed."

Are you referring to any of the models you posted here in the spoiler, or other models?

"Unfortunately some of the new models are giving errors and cant be used. I'll wait for an update to come for the game and see if they are fixed."

Are you referring to any of the models you posted here in the spoiler, or other models?

Yeah, I'm referring to the new models that I have added to the new patch that I'll release soon.

Top Bottom