• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[Release] Improved Models for 1.12

Is Ashkandi really the same though? I though the original Ashkandi where alot nicer no? The new one, Reclaimed Ashkandi looks less gigantic.

Here's another look at originals with NPC holding. They are so big! This and This.

New Reclaimed Ashkandi looks much smaller with NPC: This and This.

Maybe thats not a big deal. If you wanna keep it then do :) At least its not that big difference compared to some others.

What you think about changing more stuff in Molten Core, Blackrock Depths, L/UBRS dungeons and maybe Dire Maul and Stratholme?

Thanks for listening to feedback and suggestions mate! You rock! I hope others will come here and voice their opinions as well!

Last edited:
Giving a quick update, finished Warrior T3 and Hunter T3! Rest on the go!

Hunter T19 -> T3
1SOyGX0.jpg

Warrior T19 -> T3
398bv5C.jpg

Just wanted to ask why you'd want to change asscandy and untamed blade? These weapons are the best looking weapons Blizzard have designed in the entire history of wow.

If you decide to change the models, please make it optional, so some of us can stick to the default weapons.

Just wanted to ask why you'd want to change asscandy and untamed blade? These weapons are the best looking weapons Blizzard have designed in the entire history of wow.

If you decide to change the models, please make it optional, so some of us can stick to the default weapons.

I wanted to change some weapons from BwL, and since they remade Ashkandi with better texturing i decide to change, tho seems that was a bit shorter than the original version so im considering not to change. Untamed for me isnt THE BEST looking, its a normal looking weapon, tho since people dont want those to change i have decide already Ashkandi and untamed to return them to their default state.

Ill keep changed those 2 field corn staves, the 2 maces and the 2 swords. Ill have also the ability to use them as an extra one, so you can pick those with no ashkandi etc and with all changed.

Personally I agree with you on this, BWL gear was amongst the best design blizz ever made. I also gave my feedback about this in a previous post. Its nice to see more people giving feedback and suggestions and not just me :smile:

There are plenty of pre-raid BiS gear from dungeons and whatnot that are superugly that I welcome changes too. And hopefully we get more changes to Molten Core gear raid which is very ugly.

Also. I wonder about the upgraded Ashkandi resolution textures, wont the textures be downgraded into vanilla resolution anyway? I see all the Tier 19 sets that you made into T3 are all having vanilla texture resolution which are much more blurry (still super awesome changes tho!).

Its very nice to see Zerocool listen to feedback! Lets give more! :yes:

Last edited:
Its because in classic, and i think in TBC, the textures behave differently on the model from the later expansions. Not only they need re-scaling but also different texture compression plus in classic & TBC textures are stretched so that's why they look blurred even if they are so detailed. The first changes came with the WotLK and the improved in Cata and the later expansions as we seen.

Its because in classic, and i think in TBC, the textures behave differently on the model from the later expansions. Not only they need re-scaling but also different texture compression plus in classic & TBC textures are stretched so that's why they look blurred even if they are so detailed. The first changes came with the WotLK and the improved in Cata and the later expansions as we seen.

Ye, thats what I thought. I always look at vanilla and TBC gear as having basically the same stretched out look, this is noticeable even on retail with improved graphics, shaders, sharpening, AA etc, it doesnt matter, only first in Wrath does gear look alot more high-res. Not sure if new Ashkandi will look any better in vanilla low-res then.

Anyway, this seems to have been cleared up now so. After you're done with the T19. What are your thoughts on using those upgrades you made to BWL but on BRD and LBRS/UBRS instead? And using some ICC gear on Stratholme/Scholo maybe? just an example, can be something else.

No unfortunately i haven't finished yet, im stuck with some weird bugs on Paladins/Rogue/Shamans armors and haven't seen yet warlock. As for ICC armors for Strat/Scholo yes i have thought it too but yet have to finish the T3. Didn't expect such delay on it.

No unfortunately i haven't finished yet, im stuck with some weird bugs on Paladins/Rogue/Shamans armors and haven't seen yet warlock. As for ICC armors for Strat/Scholo yes i have thought it too but yet have to finish the T3. Didn't expect such delay on it.

Alright sure thing! No hurry no rush!
Whats the bug? Is it a new bug you havent gotten before on the others?

Another Set is done. Warlock Mythic T19.

Warlock T19 -> T3
ZFrI3co.jpg

The downside is that those balls unfortunately i had to made them stationary since the tools was creating a mess. But i guess that shouldnt be a problem to the eye.

Is it planned to change the model of the Ivory Raptor or other Raptor Mounts but the ZG one?

Looks kind of strange with armor packed mounts all over OG and some childish low raptors in between.

Anyway, very good work. Love those Mana and Powerword Shield styles :cool2:

Is it planned to change the model of the Ivory Raptor or other Raptor Mounts but the ZG one?

Looks kind of strange with armor packed mounts all over OG and some childish low raptors in between.

Anyway, very good work. Love those Mana and Powerword Shield styles :cool2:

Thanks, tho no im not plan to update those 60% mounts. Since there wasnt an update version i decide to leave them as it is. Might do an aplha and work with the armored version and try make it look like the 60%, same thing that i did with the Night elf. Not sure, cant tell so if anything happens ill update ;)

Another Set is done. Warlock Mythic T19.

Warlock T19 -> T3
ZFrI3co.jpg

The downside is that those balls unfortunately i had to made them stationary since the tools was creating a mess. But i guess that shouldnt be a problem to the eye.

Pure brilliance right here! Just great mate! Only 3 more to go then! :w00t:

Thanks, tho no im not plan to update those 60% mounts. Since there wasnt an update version i decide to leave them as it is. Might do an aplha and work with the armored version and try make it look like the 60%, same thing that i did with the Night elf. Not sure, cant tell so if anything happens ill update ;)

The Ivory Raptor is a 100% mount :smile:

Was so exited to have my favorite mount reworked, but I take all the other changes since it looks awesome! :cool2:

/edit: A possible model for the Ivory Raptor could be the Bone-White Primal Raptor.

Bone-White+Primal+Raptor.jpg

Last edited:
I made an test attempt on Zul'Gurub to see how it will go. Since it has the less gear from all other raids to replace i did a few changes to show you how will be. The armors are chosen from Cata Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub (well the 85 lvl dungeon hasn't much to show since all items are same with some exceptions).

Not all classes can form a set, tho some can do so in case someone who cares to get a full set he can complete it, its the way that blizzard distributed the loot. Now the looks are more Zandalari, to resemble the feeling that you actually did raid the Troll Empire.

Zul'Gurub Warrior Set replacemt [Only for the moment those 3 you get from rep]
iVxtEHz.jpg

Zul'Gurub Paladin Set replacemt [Only for the moment those 3 you get from rep]
UzSVAZI.jpg

Zul'Gurub Hunter Set replacemt [Hunter is the moment the only can form a set through the raid]
Horde Side
5LqAGqA.jpg

Alliance Side
jb20CGP.jpg

ITEMS that fulfill a set (with the exception of the 3 rep)

Chest : Runed Bloodstained Hauberk
Feet : Bloodstained Greaves
Legs : Bloodstained Legplates
Head : Bloodstained Coif
Hands : Gloves of the Tormented

Its not necessary to get those tho in case that someone is in need for major changes he will end have a full set.

So that's all, i would like to know what rest think of it. For me has a go, since its an alpha test to see. Both 85 dungeons have spread items and not a complete set, tho replacing those new with those old you get the feeling of been on Zul'Gurub and not in some random dungeon.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Thats fantastic mate! I look up the original helmet and its really ugly, so replacing it with these sweet looking items is great! Really fits into Troll raid. What was the original models for those shoulders in the pic?

I really support that you make some subtle changes to specific gear, even if its not a set, that fits the raid alot better and where vanilla items where not unique models (unlike BWL), there are plenty of them around. Especially the early vanilla content, MC, BRD, U/LBRS, Scholo/Strat. and some loot are best in slot for quiet some time.
Here is a spreadsheet of the BiS items for every class per 1.4 itemization on Nost. It can give much hints about great gear from the end game dungeons and MC that also looks very bad but will be used alot.

What was the name of the shoulders? You didnt mention their names, only for head, chest, gloves etc. Zul gurub set for hunters is Predator Armor set right? http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Zandalar_Tribe_set

Yeah, my bad i thought that you would have atlas loot already. I didnt add the set pieces since its already a standard set that is replaced the most of times when some from those blues might not be.
The hunter set:
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?itemset=477

Yeah, my bad i thought that you would have atlas loot already. I didnt add the set pieces since its already a standard set that is replaced the most of times when some from those blues might not be.
The hunter set:
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?itemset=477

I have Atlas Loot but I didnt know the name of the shoulders. Im still confused about all this actually. You say its the reputation set, which is the Predator hunter set, which you link here, but then you say you didnt add that and the links in a previous comment above links the 'bloodstained' blue items (except for the gloves). The shoulders arent mentioned there so thats why I asked. :wacko:

Anyway. It looks great regardless so good work! Looking forward to more! :biggrin:

Ok, i finished a few more armors for Zul'Gurb since yet i havent manage to solve the problem with the last 3 T19 sets. Warrior-Paladin-Druid-Rogue are done.
Only the specific items are updated, since blizzard had made them the way of the same item is used as a different loot. That took me some time to spot them and change only those.Way to go Blizz.
l0MYDGA3Du1hBR4xG.gif

Warrior Zul'gurub
zJUsAng.jpg

Paladin Zul'gurub
AEOOQ1w.jpg

Druid Zul'gurub
1UFTrIi.jpg

Rogue Zul'Gurub
cCEyWjL.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom