• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[Release] Improved Models for 1.12

Greetings,
So I am totally new at this, but it looks exciting. I don’t however want to change the actual model of things, say T2 to look like T10 or what ever, just to improve the graphics.

Is that possible or do I have to have all these other changes I have seen through out this post?
If you read I havent made any changes to the armors Tiers yet. It was a planned extra patch which is postponed at the moment and not sure if gonna release anytime soon.

You've listed "Balsch's character mod" as step 5 on the instructions on the page but also say it's "not compatible" with your mod? I'm a little confused what you mean by this.

You've listed "Balsch's character mod" as step 5 on the instructions on the page but also say it's "not compatible" with your mod? I'm a little confused what you mean by this.
It clearly states on the brackets that this mod is stand alone, means it cant be used with patch 1.2, you can use it in case you want only the character models to be replaced.

It clearly states on the brackets that this mod is stand alone, means it cant be used with patch 1.2, you can use it in case you want only the character models to be replaced.
So you can only use either your mod, or balsch's mod. NOT both? So we have to pick between enemies/graphics, or WOD character models?

If that's the case why would you make it step 5 to the process of setting up your mod?

Last edited:
Its pretty simple and not sure why you got lost there. Under the video tut you will find 3 mods, my main mod, Balsh char models mod and Leeviathan undead mod. All these 3 mods are working together, though in case that you need only the character models simply follow the link from step5 to get them.

I have to join Zipzo and say that no, it's not simple. I've spent a few hours myself trying to figure out what's what, what is compatible, what is not, what to download, what provides what - and I still haven't understood. It's just not clearly advertised/worded - very confusing.

Besides that, great work, it looks good when watching the video. :)

I tried two of the mods together, and it wasn't compatible, as the character models had face polygon issues.
I currently have the 489Mo one installed. Which one is which, and what does they do? (if I want everything, models + enemies)

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Did you use the patches with the order they are ? Means, my mod is named patch-3 and balsh mod is named patch-6. Might happen to have another mod installed ?

Yes i has it wrong named, renamed the patches and now works all great:) Thanks for help and the great work.

Hi. You were right, I had the client set in French (baguette) so now I had to download the whole game again and run the hassle with all the mods, addons, commands and set up UI again. Works marvelous ! I can't say enough thanks. So hyped to get a big WoWgasm in less than 2 hours.

*Spongebob narrator Voice* : "7 hours in queue later ...".

so i *think* i got it working.. i have a Patch-3 (which changes the log in screen) and a Patch-6. when i log into my alt account and multiple toons it works fine. When i log into my main account with me main toon (a horde Druid) the game crashes.

I log back into my Alt account, and everything works fine. but when i try to make a tuaren character the game crashes..

this just me or a known bug?

As I showed, there is two Patch-3, one that changes the log in screen and one that doesn't. Which one is the right one to use...?

As I showed, there is two Patch-3, one that changes the log in screen and one that doesn't. Which one is the right one to use...?
from what i could see in my own tinkerings:
The patch-3.mpg (Lower case) the one that does not change the log in screen - does nothing for me at all.
The patch-3.MPQ (Upper case) the one that does change the log in screen - does work, and the models are new, however I find that when I use it the game crashes when I try to select my Tauren druid, or try to make a new tauren character at all.

I think patch-6.MPQ changes the character models only if im not mistaken.

Actually, patch-3 is the main and changes everything that has to do with creatures/spells etc. patch-6 is the character models. You dont need to rename anything at all, just place the 2 mpq files inside your data folder and that's it. Bare in mind that if you have a modded client, i.e from feenix, it wont work or you will have issues. Also, it is good to delete your WDB folder often in order to avoid small loading issues or incompatibilities due to cached files.

Any idea why my wow crashes when i try to select any toon thats a tauren when i am using patch-3.MPQ?

any other race it works fine.. but when i try and play my druid he game crashes just when i select the character, I dont even get to log into the game

I guess then that something is wrong with your client. This issue was never reported by anyone before. I can provide you with my WoW.exe file which is from my clean cd installation and try it.

If you wouldnt mind? or is there a clean client from Kronos? You have been MOST helpful, thank you.

Edit* I am re-DLing from Kronos, and trying that out.

Last edited:
How's it going? Any update soon? What is left to do before next version is ready? Im cant resist to ask now while playing Kronos III, which might be the last vanilla server to launch before classic, I really want to use your awesome patch ASAP! :cool:

How's it going? Any update soon? What is left to do before next version is ready? Im cant resist to ask now while playing Kronos III, which might be the last vanilla server to launch before classic, I really want to use your awesome patch ASAP! :cool:
Well cant say to be honest. Just pretty much soon. I'm waiting the next BfA update to check any possible changes or fixes to those models. Till now only those that I presented are working fine, rest unfortunately crash the client.

The one thing that bugs me about the character model mod is the sheath bug. It makes your sheath look wack and it bugs me enough to throw me off of wanting to use it.

Other than that it’s pretty cool.

Last edited:
The one thing that bugs me about the character model mod is the sheath bug. It makes your sheath look wack and it bugs me enough to throw me off of wanting to use it.

Other than that it’s pretty cool.

Never use sheating, unbind it! As long as I dont use it, it doesnt bug out and he autosheat when combat start/ends. Besides, thats not Zerocools mod :p

I would like to point out that the download for Balch's character models mpq comes out of the box as "patch-3.mpq".

This obviously conflicts with the name of your texture pack, zero, as it is also patch-3.mpq.

Edit : I am now running Patch-3, Patch-6 and Patch-7 simultaneously, and everything seems fine so far :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom