• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[RELEASE] Massive Alert

lanevegame

Authorized
Massive Alert 1.7 + Massive Alert Pala 1.0

Hello people, I've made yet another modified version of my Shahram Alert, but this time with some more appealing features for all classes and especially for Paladins and Warriors. I've also integrated Shahram Alert and Chicken Alert in this addon, so you get all-in-one. Oh and I think this only works with EN or US clients.

[DOWNLOAD]

Features:

Paladin

- Your Paladin will whisp the targets of your Blessing of Freedom/Protection and Divine Intervention to inform them. And it only does it when your target actually gets the buff, so there's no risk to spam him/her. Also you don't need to target him/her. This feature is enabled/disabled through Massive Alert Pala addon.

- Your Paladin will say "HEADSHOT!" everytime he/she hits/crits a mob with Hammer of Wrath. Your toon will only announce in case he/she actually hits the target, so no risk to spam.

Warrior

- Your Warrior announce in party/raid "I've used Pummel/Shield Bash on <target name>!" when he/she uses Pummel/Shield Bash. Your toon will only announce in case he/she actually hits the target, so no risk to spam.

Paladin, Priest, Shaman, Druid

- Your character will yell "I'm casting <spell name> on <target name>!" when he/she starts to cast a resurrection spell, and will whisper his/her target too. This only occurs when your character actually starts to cast the spell, no there's no risk to be spammy.

All classes

- Your character will inform others when he/she is affected by one of these harmful spells: Sap, Fear, Freezing Trap, Polymorph, Mind Control, Gnomish Mind Control Cap, Reckless Charge, Blind, Repentance, Seduction, Silence, Counterspell and Sleep.

Blackblade of Shahram

- Your character will perform a different emote based on the spell casted by Shahram:

Flames of Shahram: "Flames of Shahram - <creature name> receives <number> fire damage!"*
Curse of Shahram: "Curse of Shahram - All enemies around are slowed!"
Might of Shahram: "Might of Shahram - All enemies around me are stunned!"
Fist of Shahram: "Fist of Shahram - Party members gain 25% attack speed!"
Blessing of Shahram: "Blessing of Shahram - Party members gain 50 health and mana every 5 seconds!"
Will of Shahram: "Will of Shahram - All stats are increased by 50!"

*The Flames of Shahram quote triggers for each mob hit by the spell, so it might be a bit spammy!

Gnomish Battle Chicken

- Your character will yell "Battle Squawk!" everytime he/she gains Battle Squawk buff from the Gnomish Battle Chicken.

Last edited:
v1.1 Paladins will also whisper members of their raid that are not in his/her same group for Blessing of Freedom/Protection and Divine Intervention.

Last edited:
v1.3

- Your character will yell "I'm resurrecting <target name>!" when he/she starts to cast a resurrection spell, and will whisper his/her target too. This only occurs when your character actually starts to cast the spell, no there's no risk to be spammy.

- Your character will inform others when he/she is affected by one of these harmful spells: Sap, Fear, Freezing Trap, Polymorph, Mind Control, Gnomish Mind Control Cap, Reckless Charge, Blind, Repentance.

Last edited:
v1.4

- Your character will also alert when being afflicted by Seduction.

- When using Hammer of Wrath your Paladin will only say "HEADSHOT!", to be less spammy.

- Most alerts will be said instead of yelled, to be less spammy.

Could you pls add the kick/pummel feature for sheep and counterspell? I actually use a macro that also adds a raid wide NECB bar for a better overview who has cs on cooldown.

Could you pls add the kick/pummel feature for sheep and counterspell? I actually use a macro that also adds a raid wide NECB bar for a better overview who has cs on cooldown.

I'd be glad to add those features, but I need you to make me a screenshot of your combat log, I need to know what it says when you cast polymorph and counterspell on your target.

Also I'll need your help to test it. Feel free to poke me ingame, check my signature :smile:

Okay that will follow. Can the addon also differ between different ranks of a spell? Would also be nice for banish.

So this addon will give other players a massive alert when a spell is afflicted to me including Sap, Fear, Polymorph, Mind-Controlled, Gnomish-Mind Controlled, Seduced, etc?

Ok go to your MassiveAlert folder, open "MassiveAlert.toc" with a text editor like notepad and remove "ressalert.lua" string from it:

Code:
## Interface: 11200
## Title: Massive Alert 1.5
## Author:
## Notes: Alerts you when various events accurs. Check the readme file for more infos.
shahramdamage.lua
shahrambuff.lua
chicken.lua
hammer.lua
warrinterrupt.lua
palabuff.lua
palabuffraid.lua
ccme.lua
[CR]ressalert.lua[/CR]

I didn't know that the soulstone spell had the word "resurrection" in it, so the addon gets triggered like for the priest resurrection spell.

Last edited:
v1.7

- Now the Paladin whispering features are splitted on a separate addon to make it easier to be disabled.

- The Warrior interupt spells will now be announced in party/raid channels instead of say.

- Your character will also alert when being afflicted by Sleep.

No spam he said :D my bg chat is full of this shit now. good addon tho :)

Full of what kind of "shit"? Shahram emote (I doubt it)? Paladin whispering? This one can be disabled now. Or maybe CC alert? Could you be more specific please. :huh:

Oh and my addon doesn't use /bg channel, it only uses /p /ra /y and /e channels.

Top Bottom