• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[RELEASE] WowRadio backport

bestplaya

Hi lads,
A while back I backported WowRadio from patch 2.0.1 to vanilla and today I'm sharing it for all peeps who want to use it.

A bit about the addon:
In pre tbc and early TBC you were able to play .mp3 radio in WoW. Blizzard broke this feature in patch 2.2 (TBC) when they updated their sound engine. I decided to backport it since it's one of the unique features about the vanilla WoW client.

This addon makes you able to play .mp3 radio streams in WoW through simple commands.

From original readme file:
Listen to Internet Radio while playing World of Warcraft.

- addon based on Ace2
- easy way to change stations in Stations.lua:
just change url and message which will be displayed.
- Titan Panel for station navigation.

Note: to listen to Internet Radio, you need to enable ingame music.

Type /wowradio or /wr for options

list of commands:

/wrtune switch to station by given number (e.g. /wrtune 10)
/wrplay plays last set radio station
/wrstop stops music
/wrnext switch to next station
/wrprev switch to previous station
/wrrnd switch to random station
/wrlist prints out a list of stations available
/wrinfo displays which station is currently played
/wrauto toggles autostart on/off
/wrcustom plays given url (only works via commandline, not included in Titan Panel)

I've included some radio channels in the addon so you can see how easy it is to input your own channels. Like readme says, all you have to do is edit stations.lua in order to add a new station.

Download: https://mega.nz/#!0cgCSCiC!v2DsU2bA7V1gv59ZmxJw6hO_xNSUk4nUhJZLbBCcMVA

To install, just drag WowRadio inside addon folder just like any other addon.
If you want to use it togheter with titanpanel, drag titanwowradio addon into your addon folder.

Credits goes out to Tormentor for making the addon back in the days. I have made no changes to the addon a part from making it possible to run in vanilla.

Last edited:
Top Bottom