• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Remove Dishonorable Kills

Remove the DK system?

• Yes, I want to Remove Dishonorable Kills.

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • No, I want to keep Dishonorable Kills.

Votes: 29 76.3%

• Total voters

Epyon

One of the few things Vanilla got wrong, was the DK system, which was removed when TBC launched. All it does is make people not wanna raid cities because they're horrified of getting DK's and slowing their PvP progression. I see you're not aiming for 100% blizzlike, from the FAQ: "Respec costs will be reduced to a maximum of 10 Gold". ​Changes like this will make it even better than blizzlike, as would removing DK's.

DK were implemented for the exact reason you just mentioned :)
Besides, they lowered gold respec is so far the only change they made. This was done to encourage PvP even more.
If you ask me they might aswell leave the gold cap at 50g cause this forces players to PvP with PvE specs or raid with PvP spec or waste their money on constant respeccing. That was a common thing on retail and why should it be any other way here?

I'm going to disagree with this since it has the potential to encourage griefing, as the DK system is only applied to civilian NPCs(vendors, occasional quest npcs, etc). A city raid is still possible under these conditions if the raid is organized enough and people don't start killing things other than guards for giggles.

I'm going to disagree with this since it has the potential to encourage griefing, as the DK system is only applied to civilian NPCs(vendors, occasional quest npcs, etc). A city raid is still possible under these conditions if the raid is organized enough and people don't start killing things other than guards for giggles.

Yes, but you get 1 douche in the raid and it screws over everyone. Or just 1 person who accidentally misclicks. The only thing the DK system does for me personally is makes me not ever join a PvP raid. Which is sad, because city raids can be a lot of fun.

I wouldn't mind seeing them get removed in cities to encourage city raids, but since it wouldn't be authentic, my vote goes to no.

every raid has the risk of 1 douche screwing it up even in pve.... ever heard the name "Leeroy Jenkins" ? a person who became famous for viping his raid in a unique douche kind of way...

also a civilian doesn't attack or get aggroed unless you attack them, so why don't you just suggest that only those who harmed the civilian gets the DK rather than removing it and thereby harming the pvp system ?

and why are you saying not blizzlike just becourse they add a cap on the respec prize ?.... you are getting something mixed up here... the term "blizzlike" is meant in the sense that a player wouldn't be able to notice the difference from blizzard and here... no one would even notice that respec has a cap at 10 gold considering it starts at 50 silver you still gotta use it a lot of times before you reach 10 gold and only a hardcore raider who swaps forth and back often would ever get to that point, they added a cap so the price wouldnt become completely unreasonable later on.

no one would even notice that respec has a cap at 10 gold considering it starts at 50 silver you still gotta use it a lot of times before you reach 10 gold and only a hardcore raider who swaps forth and back often would ever get to that point, they added a cap so the price wouldnt become completely unreasonable later on.​

Uh if you PvP regularly you are going to get to 10g very quickly.​

Last edited:
???

Read what you quoted please...
I was telling him that only few would ever reach the cap and barely anyone would notice it, i didnt say anything about earning the gold being hard but rather that the cap is there so it doesnt continue to rise until it becomes unreasonable.

Last edited:
The reason behind the high cap was to disencourage players from respeccing constantly.
PvPers were supposed to have an advantage over PvEers in PvP and vice versa.

What will happend with higher respec costs is that you see more players with PvE specs in PvP. Like fury warrior or combat rogues. Thats just how it was back then.

As long as rank decay is there, there will actually be plenty of people who don't give a shit, and will raid cities now that I think about it.

Dont it. All I can say. People will be encouraged to gank faction hubs for days which will cause a lot of rage.

All it does is make people not wanna raid cities because they're horrified of getting DK's and slowing their PvP progression.

This sentence seems to come from the Feenix servers.
I have experienced this, too. And yes, from Feenix.

The reason why people dont raid cities is because those Honor rankers can take a break from honor farming since they have disabled the rank decay where you cant fall in your rank. People are either AFK'ing in the city or not log in, and people do everything to prevent any pvp going on, and its not because of Dishonorable Kills! So people now got used to it. And those who didnt play the real Vanilla in 2005 will just accept that way of playing. And why would PvE players raid cities. So raiding cities dies on their server, because the people who play mainly pvp dont wanna lose their ranking/rankbar.

If you really got this idea from Feenix, then you didnt know about Rank Decay and you should have asked people and made a little search on wowwiki or atleast google...

With Rank Decay, people who cant effort a constant ranking, will realize that when they dont make pvp every week, they will fall and thats why they will then give up and perhaps raid cities.

Edit: Yes i forgot this: the potential for City raids on feenix cant even exist, because rank decay is disabled.

Top Bottom