• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Remove ".join BG" command

Sunderwear

High level players are able to queue from anywhere, so they are spending their time ganking in lowbie zones and killing quest givers. Please remove the .join command and either fix the BMs (I could not queue for BGs at the stormwind ones yesterday and HAD to use the command) or make BGs only queueable from the actual BG entrances.

.join is horribly non-blizzard-like.

Thanks

Last edited:
You cant use the command in enemy zones anyway. In contested zones i have never noticed any problem with camping or griefing high lvl players

I probably should have said low level, rather than "lowbie". I am talking Redridge, Duskwood, etc. I have never been on a server (live or private) that had this level of obvious max level players camping low level zones.

Even so, even if .join is not the cause, it is not needed and should be taken out. It is no better than LFG/LFR and such.

What bothers me more is that you are able to accept BG invitation when you are in combat and many players use it as safety button. Happened to me once that warrior with 200 hp dissapeared before my Hammer of Wrath spell hited him.
On retail, you can join BG from anywhere, but you can't accept invitation as long as you are in combat or dead to avoid this kind of abuse. I suggest this to be implemented here as well. This would also reduce number of gankers because they will be afraid that BG invite pops up during combat or when they are dead and so they will have to rejoin and wait longer.

If anything the 5g respec change should be reverted back to 50g, they long argued it was implemented to increase the amount of players in battlegrounds, however it has done nothing but ruin the economy and raiding experience, along with making battlegrounds even more of a faceroll if you have both gear and battleground spec.

If anything the 5g respec change should be reverted back to 50g, they long argued it was implemented to increase the amount of players in battlegrounds, however it has done nothing but ruin the economy and raiding experience, along with making battlegrounds even more of a faceroll if you have both gear and battleground spec.

I would support this for L60 characters. Below that people may still be experimenting.

However I would hope they get rid of .join ASAP.

I like join from world, but I'd liked it much more if exit from BG ported you to the battlemaster in SW/Orgri.
Or to the BG entrance in open world - Barrens/Ashenvale, Arathi, Alterac Mountains etc

I like join from world, but I'd liked it much more if exit from BG ported you to the battlemaster in SW/Orgri

Liking something does not make it good for the game.
See .join, raid finder, group finder (teleport), multiboxing, etc...

alternate idea: If one uses the .join command, make exit from that BG place the player in a random remote spot of the landmasses. Currently there is absolutely no downside and extreme upside for griefers.

Last edited:
I agree. I am ok with .Join from anywhere, but it should auto return you the Battlemaster AND use your hearth so your no q'ing to teleport to avoid your hearth cool down. Honestly the game is unplayable. Every zone you (Felwood, Burning Steps, Ungoro, Tanaris), you cannot even land without level 60 horde immediately killing you, following you all over, etc. Thats not PVP, thats a waste of alliance players time.

I've taken enough bullshit during the k1 years, yet stayed loyal (pet pathing/ unstuck abuse for no-cd HS/ 5g respec inflating the f out of economy/ ease of raids/ outdoor mobs resetting after running 3 meters/ add whatever else), but the way k3 has gone is unbearable for me.

"AoE leveling", extremely high drop chance of super-rare items (hi ironfoe) and especially .join bg put the nail in the coffin. I like you czech guys, I really do, but now it's time to move on, considering there is a new option ahead. Blizzard was wrong in many things when they released the game (especially itemization), but it looks like some things were not supposed to be touched.

I'm even speaking as lvl58 horde, having been constantly corpse camped by the time I set foot in un'goro/felwood. Can't even imagine how allies even reached lvl60 (talking about the non-abusers of aoe leveling here), considering the fact that there are always 2-3 orcs by contested zones' flightpaths, waiting for green-leveled fresh blood.

The sooner you remove this .join bg, the better are the chances to save your server. Although I think it's too late now.

They must remove the .join command (at least for the levels 40+) but I am afraid they will not. Most of the time there are 3 or more lv 60 hordes at every flight point and harbor killing every level. Hordes have long que and with their tactics make ally quit, reroll or level much slower. But we all knew that hordes will be more and they will have long bg que. It happens at every server. And the twinstar players moves from one server to another. I think, soon K3 will look like Ares. A greatly imbalanced server has only one path. The Ares path :)

Even on live servers you get the same stuff with camping and some players going above and beyond to ruin someones leveling. That is how it was in vanilla and how it is right now.

In vanilla we had to go to the battle grounds to enter them. While we waited.... we would have 2-3 full raid groups at crossroads killing everyone and everything. Now its just a few people in the area doing it... yet ya'll are complaining.

One person gets camped and they rage post on forums. How about instead you go somewhere else, level up and come back for revenge.

Even on live servers you get the same stuff with camping and some players going above and beyond to ruin someones levelling. That is how it was in vanilla and how it is right now.

In vanilla, we had to go to the battlegrounds to enter them. While we waited.... we would have 2-3 full raid groups at crossroads killing everyone and everything. Now its just a few people in the area doing it... yet ya'll are complaining.

One person gets camped and they rage post on forums. How about instead you go somewhere else, level up and come back for revenge.
Problem with levelling "somewhere else": all 50+ location have 2/3 players of Vanguard near each flight master. Ungoro? Devilsaur police 24/7. Burning steppes? Morgan's Vigil doesn't have any guards at all and ganked 24/7. WPL? No guards - 24/7 Carbuncle and co. WS? Same issue. That's miles and hours of corpse runs till you can touch the first mob in location. Questhubs? Forget! Grinding in a very sneaky spot 50-60 or dungeons. All cause of stupid .join bg thing.

its not .join though... its happened before that was ever in place in the live game and on other servers. Out of thousands of people you will get a select few that really enjoy killing and camping people. They are like internet trolls and enjoy watching people rage. The more its talked about on the forums the more they want to do it. I've been camped but thats the experience of the game. Horde VS Alliance and open world PVP is great.

Shoot, my buddies where getting ganked and camped in hillsbrad the other day and i came and helped them. Than we enjoyed getting our revenge on about 50 other horde... of course not all of them where apart of it but its part of the game. They where getting HK's and i was dropping them like flies.

Eventually they will go, but if ya'll keep on talking about it... it probably will continue to happen.

All it takes is making friends with some higher levels to come and help you when the time is needed. Thats why joining a guild is nice so everyone can have eachothers backs

The <Vanguard> gankers are going to disappear in a few weeks once they hit their desired ranks and stop pvp altogether. The reason they're camping leveling zones instead of battlegrounds is that they're unable to contest the alliance prem in AB.

All it takes is making friends with some higher levels to come and help you when the time is needed. Thats why joining a guild is nice so everyone can have eachothers backs
That is nice sentiment but the truth of the matter is that high level defenders get bored a lot quicker than the camper/gankers. Why? Because the only thing they can do it knock them into a corpse run. It is literally like playing whack-a-mole where the mole loses absolutely nothing.

I like join BG as it saved me from been ganked 3 times already. 1 time ganker even was camping my spawn point for a 35 minutes BG duration

I personaly think that removing .join command will not solve anything. As mentioned above, horde will still have long ques and they will have plenty of time to get to WPL, morgans vigil, etc. to kill alliance. It was happening on every vanilla server I have played and none of them had .join command. You basically see like 30 hordes around the world to do this? And there are hundreds of hordes online so it is only a small fraction that will camp those spots anyway just because they enjoy it.

I personaly think that removing .join command will not solve anything. As mentioned above, horde will still have long ques and they will have plenty of time to get to WPL, morgans vigil, etc. to kill alliance. It was happening on every vanilla server I have played and none of them had .join command. You basically see like 30 hordes around the world to do this? And there are hundreds of hordes online so it is only a small fraction that will camp those spots anyway just because they enjoy it.
True. Check old and new pvp videos. There are quite some world pvp clips where ppl an in bg que while pvping around the world.

k3 is dead anyway because of not enough rankers and good players playing there (pmuch everyone decent quit)

I'd say since most of this realm pop are casual clicking pve-players u should probably remove the .join feature, just so they can see that they will still be camped the same amount, since horde still have long queues and that requires them to farm honor in the world to stay competative.
If you think everyone is in the same bgs all the time, you're clueless. When 1 team leaves mw and joins their long waited bg, another team finishes their bg and will come camp mw instead. Every server this is the case.

High level players are able to queue from anywhere, so they are spending their time ganking in lowbie zones and killing quest givers. Please remove the .join command and either fix the BMs (I could not queue for BGs at the stormwind ones yesterday and HAD to use the command) or make BGs only queueable from the actual BG entrances.

.join is horribly non-blizzard-like.

Thanks
1. i have not seen a single quest giver being killed not to mention civilian status works as deterrent, if that is truly your main concern than there are better solutions like making certain npc's civilian although quite pointless as "this is a pvp server"...

2. you proclaim that this encourages killing low levels ? let me shake this fantasy of yours a bit... when i am farming i do so primarly in un'goro i kill alliance regardless of level or gain, same goes if i travel through a leveling area or help a friend... If i fish in STV to pass the time and boredom i enjoy toying with alliance players be they low or high level it gives a bit of a mix to this tiresome fishing.

only exception being if they do a positive emote and reveal themselves then i leave them be and might even help them a bit with killing stuff. Of course if they are gnomes i will kill regardless of what they do.

3. removing .join would reduce amounts of battlegrounds thus less would be enticed to que up which means they are not gonna travel to a capital to que but just kill around the world and only que whenever they happen to be in capital be that upon login or when needing the auctionhouse or other things...
k3 is dead anyway because of not enough rankers and good players playing there (pmuch everyone decent quit)
If not for ur "joined date" stating you played in 2016 i would assume you are new to private servers... but either you are trying to lower morale hoping for more to jump with you or wishing for attention ?...

Let me refresh your memory, private servers have populations that go up and down. Going up with content releases and going down when rival servers start or when a hyped new game like blizzard expansion or such release, this happens to every private server without exception. K1 was proclaimed dead by Nostril repeatedly with silly youtube clips, in the end nostril lost their dev and took the easy way out proclaiming they got cornered by blizzards letter...

Here's a spoiler for ya... blizzard sends that letter to almost every single server there is and can be ignored without any consequence unless you have people paying you instead of it being donations.

Nostril had numerous screwups but they did 1 thing right and that is advertisement but they still died as they where unable to document cases and where just creating more and more internal issues.

After nostril died Ely started a server with their core, they also did perfectly on advertisement but reviving a failed core brings no future especially if you have no clear documentation of what has been done or changed with it...

now lh is picking up this fuming piece of **** and they do well on advertisement yes but...

each time kronos lost temporary population numbers but never died and always had raids going on, it also lost pop temp when popular hyped games came out but in the end population came and went and in the end kronos 1 got all the way through naxxramas and released K3.

dead server means there are no possibilities to raid or such and there is no option to be social as there would be too few to interract with, that is something that never truly occured for K1 but others tried to sell it of as if...

Either way if you think its dead then move on, kronos has proven itself to survive, also during vanilla a bg que could easily be far longer than an hour depending on realm... afterall servers back in 2004-2006 could not compare with servers from 2018 not to mention blizzard had numerous servers and could not afford to focus all on 1 server thus their individual servers where unable to have as high a population as private servers nowadays...

" k3 is dead anyway because of not enough rankers and good players playing there (pmuch everyone decent quit) "

Most of the players in my guild where rated 2000-2400+ in TBC in arenas and no where near lvl 60 yet. We all just started playing on our first private server ever and after alot of research k3 is the best progressive server.

you're implying that all the good players power leveled, got bored, and quit already? before BWL has even released. Ok sure.

Top Bottom