• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Remove ".join BG" command

You speak as if horde massively out number alliance... Take a look at the population percentage at http://www.kronos-wow.com/
it swings from 49-51 to 56-44.... This is still far from being noticeable in-game... i say this as a person who is currently leveling his 3rd character up... i experienced my fair share of camps and also did my fair share of them. I even saw Grom'gol being raided and Kargath being raided but those people believe it or not came and left on their own, they did not go into a battleground they simply came, killed for fun and left after 10-15 minutes...

Jericho you keep talking garbage about the server and admins and you complain a lot about world pvp as if you participated for a very very long time in it and tried a lot however you hardly joined a month ago...

even at the most extreme of pop differences i have seen so far which is 56-44 early in the morning horde still have 2-3 times the que time of alliance and 56-44 certainly does not indicate a 3:1 difference pal... not even a 2:1...

If you desire to move on then please do so, they do not prevent you in any way and you can go out there and seek for your unrealistic pve server. Fact remains that kronos will always be at the top as they properly document cases and changes along with providing a simple bug tracer combined with wowhead so players themselves can double check drop rates. there is even an armory system, honor & kill ranking system along with their own talent calculator... Try but you will never be able to find better at most you will find something that is overhyped but once hype dies it dies as hype is all those spots run on and they have no quality or clarity. you saw it with nostril and you saw it with ely and you will see it with the 3rd & 4th who take over the same cause where they take an old existing core without proper documentation and over hype it so the server can live as long as it caps pop but once people figure out the many issues or start to move on such servers die and that is a fact proven time upon time.

Hows that horde vs horde idea of yours coming along?

Feel free to continue to wallow around in the shit in acceptance (being horde it is quite convenient to accept what benefits you, shocking really) and bash we who are actually concerned with the overall health of the server.

You are the worst kind of player. The white knight type who watched retail decline in gameplay quality and do the same as Kronos follows down the same kind of nonsensical decision path. Worse yet, you choose to put down the players who are legitimately concerned with how a server is being run, choosing rather to undermine the people expressing the concerns.

Last edited:
I wonder if this community is finally getting close to the realisation that Blizzlike experience rates are dumb and that - whether people enjoy endgame PvE, or PvP, or the auction house tycoon role, etc - everything about vanilla WoW is better without that dumb grind beforehand. It all boils down to that.

I wonder if this community is finally getting close to the realisation that Blizzlike experience rates are dumb and that - whether people enjoy endgame PvE, or PvP, or the auction house tycoon role, etc - everything about vanilla WoW is better without that dumb grind beforehand. It all boils down to that.

I wonder if you even understand what the thread is about.

Vanilla XP rates are fine. I have no issue whatsoever with it. HOWEVER, when you trivialize it with needless changes like 2x spawns (2 of every mob spawning in the same spot), too fast respawns (there are still areas that have a ridiculous backspawn rate) that feed into the ASININE ability to AOE farm/level, you might as well friggin boost XP rates to unblizzlike levels. Part of what drew me to K3 (and yes, I did play on K1 under a different account) was the gated content, such that I would not feel compelled to rush to L60.

Again this is not the point of the thread, but Kronos has decided already that their asinine .join bg option isn't a problem. They seem to only care about horde L60s getting their BGs to pop, and screw the alliance, they can beg their L60s to play whackamole with gankers/griefers. Because clearly if L60 alliance are playing whackamole, they will certainly be compelled to queue for BGs.

What a pile of shit this is becoming. Well, for anyone not L60 horde.

Last edited:
Have you considered whether the reason people are ganking lowbies is because there's nothing else to fucking do in the game in its current format? By removing .join you're making the game even worse for everyone. As per usual, the people hell-bent on a "Blizzlike" experience are scapegoating a QoL feature to suit their agenda. Last time it was about the 5g respec, and now it's this. How is any of that possibly a solution to the alleged ganking problem?

These discussions (be it here or on Reddit) are really baffling sometimes. How much longer will it take before the management of one of the pserver titans sits down and has a proper discussion about what makes 1.12 a good game. It's like all the Cheros of the internet are going out of their way to make classic WoW as awful as possible, just to cater to the crowd of newbies, fresh off retail, who are still under the delusion that this game is about killing boars for months on end.

we must let .join go to the void. this thread should be topped of suggestions subforum. Altough this is not .join which kills the server, it is horde who abusing it without any tiny sign of realisation that the more they ruining the game the less ppl they meet to pvp with. And again camping fps, lowbies quest zones, 5+v1 ganking have nothing to do with pvp. First time i see the server which dies not cause of poor scripting, lags or any common for pservers issue but cause of toxic part of community. Insane really. So much wasted effords of Kronos team. Shame on horde.

Have you considered whether the reason people are ganking lowbies is because there's nothing else to fucking do in the game in its current format? By removing .join you're making the game even worse for everyone. As per usual, the people hell-bent on a "Blizzlike" experience are scapegoating a QoL feature to suit their agenda. Last time it was about the 5g respec, and now it's this. How is any of that possibly a solution to the alleged ganking problem?
What? what you talking about? Are you implie that horde on kronos that far retarded? Why there's no this problem on other servers, and it never was a problem on oficial vanilla, but "join. bg" never existed on oficial vanilla, and other projects, including Kronos! And now, when join bg was added to server, we saw problems. And it is dumb to implie that this is blizzlike feature, when it's not! You could say that removing join command, wouldn't change anything. So far i could agree, case it's too late for more than 8000 online on Kronos, which changed to 2000. Good job GM's, never learning from yours mistakes.
.join which kills the server,
it is, actually, everything else comes exatly from join command.

I am wondering who is worse, the horde ppl who are ganking, or the ppl complaining about it on the forums like their live depends on it. I like the .join command because i can easily farm stuff more easily while in que, but i want it it be removed as well. Then hopefully threads like this will stop and you will see thst hardly anything will change. Ppl will still go out and gank ppl because the que for horde might even get longer.

I don't know. I played on many fresh vanilla servers and horde groups ganking Burning steppes and WPL flyght paths were allways a thing. I recall first version of Kronos where half of my guild quited playing because you couldn't go anywhere without being ganked. It is allways the same - alliance mostly avoids PvP which leads PvP hungry hordes to go to camp alliance FPs in endgame locations. The only difference between back then and now is that back then, kronos had 600 online players while now it have over 2000.

.join which kills the server,
don't know. I played on many fresh vanilla servers and horde groups ganking Burning steppes and WPL flyght paths were allways a thing. I recall first version of Kronos where half of my guild quited playing because you couldn't go anywhere without being ganked. It is allways the same - alliance mostly avoids PvP which leads PvP hungry hordes to go to camp alliance FPs in endgame locations
ofcorse there nothing bad in ganking FP, i actually love this stufff in Vanilla, for example take Tarren Mill and kill everyone who come there, BUT with join command 24/7 camping became much easier. People who usually stay in big cities near Battleground master, now could join BG outworld, and if bg finished, they appear in place where they join. So now it's easy for honor kills, you litteraly could gank all time non stop, when in oficial vanilla it wasn't possible. Because of that those who is active in BG usually didn't camp FP, why? Because like always they could leave spot when join BG, and after that appear in the Durotar, or Undercity, from where it will take like 10 min at the very least to get another time to Searing Gourge. SO without join BG it's not possible, case you litteraly spend 10 min to get to spot, 5 min to kill fp and all guard, but then you join BG and again need to fly in SG, kill FP, and join BG another time. Usually you always join BG before you get to SG(on normal server), so next time you will just stay in Big City, and if you decide to Gank you will not join BG. That's why JOIN BG is major problem!

You are totally disregarding the fact that on those "other Vanilla private servers and retail" Horde did have longer queues, but they were up to 20 minutes, not fucking 80 minutes like here. Im not a ranker myself, but as someone who did rank on Horde before, I never bothered to travel with sub 20 min queues all the time, but with 80 min queues that's not even a question, you have to go. And there is shitton of Horde doing it for honor atm, when some join a BG other arrive and it just goes like that in circle, .join wouldnt make a difference.
THATS WHY STAFF IS TRYING TO REDUCE HORDE QUEUE TIMES - TO REDUCE THEIR NUMBERS IN THE WORLD AND THAT WAY HELP ALLIANCE MOVE AROUND MORE FREELY YOU FUCKING DENSE RETARD.

only way to reduce horde queue times is to have more alliance queuing. we will see if anything changes in the next days because of the updated pvp set.
if nothing changes then the main priority has to be to make sure alliance levelers reach lvl60 quicker than now. removing join bg command won't solve the problem but it will definitely help slightly so that levelers get at least a few minutes more time before the rankers are back. so my suggestion would be to temoporarly remove .join command for lvl60 chars.
if and when the queue times normalize you can activate it again.

And there is shitton of Horde doing it for honor atm, when some join a BG other arrive and it just goes like that in circle, .join wouldnt make a difference.
THATS WHY STAFF IS TRYING TO REDUCE HORDE QUEUE TIMES - TO REDUCE THEIR NUMBERS IN THE WORLD AND THAT WAY HELP ALLIANCE MOVE AROUND MORE FREELY YOU FUCKING DENSE RETARD.
Right, it's Ally fault that horde gank em in low lvl zones. And join command only help horde, not ally! Again with Join command, horde player goes to bg just to returt to previous spot in 10 min, but if that horde player was transfered to Big CIty, it will take +10-20 min to get to the previous spot. So you telling me that i totally disgurd everything, but just ignore the truth.
Btw Kronos was always PVE server(K1 and k2) where PVP was dead, and most amount of ally who till now staying on k3 are actually those players who stay here for a years, and now Kronos Administrartion show disrecpect to them, ignoring them and doing everything to pleasure horde. This sittuation is only Kronos GM"s fault and if they continue this server will be dead for sure.
temoporarly remove .join command for lvl60 chars.
if and when the queue times normalize you can activate it again.
Why temporaly? JOIN COMMAND never exist in vanilla! This is only k3 feature that Admins develop, nothing more.

Last edited:

ofcorse there nothing bad in ganking FP, i actually love this stufff in Vanilla, for example take Tarren Mill and kill everyone who come there, BUT with join command 24/7 camping became much easier. People who usually stay in big cities near Battleground master, now could join BG outworld, and if bg finished, they appear in place where they join. So now it's easy for honor kills, you litteraly could gank all time non stop, when in oficial vanilla it wasn't possible. Because of that those who is active in BG usually didn't camp FP, why? Because like always they could leave spot when join BG, and after that appear in the Durotar, or Undercity, from where it will take like 10 min at the very least to get another time to Searing Gourge. SO without join BG it's not possible, case you litteraly spend 10 min to get to spot, 5 min to kill fp and all guard, but then you join BG and again need to fly in SG, kill FP, and join BG another time. Usually you always join BG before you get to SG(on normal server), so next time you will just stay in Big City, and if you decide to Gank you will not join BG. That's why JOIN BG is major problem!

And we are back at the core of this problem. Not this command, but long horde queues. If you have BG every 20-30 minutes, you certainly don't have need nor dedication to spend 10-15 minutes by traveling through world to get 5-10 minutes of ganking and then making this trip again 20 minutes later. It simply is not worth it. But when you have 60+ minutes, then it is worth it and that is why I think removing . join command will not help right now.

And we are back at the core of this problem. Not this command, but long horde queues. If you have BG every 20-30 minutes, you certainly don't have need nor dedication to spend 10-15 minutes by traveling through world to get 5-10 minutes of ganking and then making this trip again 20 minutes later. It simply is not worth it. But when you have 60+ mintes, then it is worth it and that is why I think removing . join command will not help just now.
But little activity in BG from ally comes from consequence of join command. Again 80% Ally already left server because of non stop ganking, and this is reality. Those who get to 60 didn't want to help horde gain more honor, they join BG only as pre-maid. And all that are consequence of Join Command! I never saw how every ally and horde trying to kill each other while lvling, because of non-stop gank with Join people became angy and now don't care that this is just game, and preserve lvling is absurd thing. Now people just goes crazy, i could talk for myself, case i never kill lowbies(it was boring to me), but now when i riding somewhere i always dismaunt to kill every horde that i see. So yea, Join command poison this server. Now, talking about solutions...well, i doubt that removing Join will save server, case after this weeks announement from GM's big amount of ally was pissed off, and don't want to stay here. BUT if Join command woudn't removed i'm just saying that this server will never see AV(40 vs 40).

Last edited:
crybabes won
Coinciding with the update tomorrow morning we will disable the command for levels 50 to 60. Depending on the positive or negative feedback we receive from you, the players, this change will either be temporary or a permanent change. Levels 10-49 will not be affected by the change and will still be able to use the command to queue for battlegrounds anywhere in the world.

Disabling the .join command was the only thing you could direct do to help the alliance and make things harder for the horde gankers. At first you decide to favor only the hordes.
Disabling .join is good if its permanent. This command helps only the hordes and especially the horde gankers. So any negative comment will be only from hordes and therefore there will be plenty. If you want to help alliance leveling and reduce the fp/harbor ganking you must disable it and not listean the horde gankers. After all if they want to gank alliance harbors at least let them waste time traveling and don't help them by eliminate the traveling time with the .join command. 10-15 min is a long of time, don't underestimate it.

The pvp gear upgrade for a non raiding person like me is pure gold. But if I want to be honest I have to say that this will increase the number of premades like kronos 2. Not a true solution for the pugs of both sides. But we have to see

I'm super glad they removed it just so you dense people can be proved that you won't be ganked any less then before, because the problem wasn't in the .join at all, and removing this feature doesn't help with THE problem whatsoever.

What? I didn't expect that Administration will hear us...well, i'm very glad that you decided to remove "Join" for 50-60, which was cancer, and keep for 10-49 Join command,which is neat stuff, that didn't broke balance and keep good gameplay. I know, that some horde will try threir best to prove that you wrong, but in the end i'm sure that we all come to agreement and remove Join for 50-60 will be permanent.

Well.. I gues that now we shall see who was right, if ganking will get better or if it barely changes anything.

Top Bottom