• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Remove ".join BG" command

You don't need a Master degree to understand that removing the .join command will shorten the queue for sure.

All you think about is the "time" horde need to just come back to their ganking spot but that's not the real issue here. Tbh removing .join would eliminate half the problem for area like Feralas/BS/Epl just because people would be too lazy to actually use their mouse for 15 mins just to get there.
But ok, let's say you only lose 5-10 mins which i really doubt for some spot.

As usual some people (admin) don't think far enought but it's hard to admit you were wrong all along. Alliance get instant queue, removing this function barely affect the Alliance side.

On the other hand, the casual horde pve player who still like to pvp will be less inclined to queue from its farming spot if he need to spend 15 mins to go back to felwood/winterspring/ungoro/silithus. This option only "favored" horde.
Because of the lazyness of people, this will aswell increase the probability to miss queue while afking in city.

And here come the virtuous circle:
Removing this command will reduce for sure the horde in queue, so queue will be faster then it will reduce the ganking in leveling zone to a more managable level, and so allowing faster leveling for alliance 50-59, making the alliance pvp lvl 60 playerpool bigger. Making queue shorter.

Still the problem is that Admin removed the option way too late. Alliance levelers capitulate and will give a shot at the new Fresh option and the horde ranker will jump to it aswell because nothing else to do.

You don't need a Master degree to understand that removing the .join command will shorten the queue for sure.

All you think about is the "time" horde need to just come back to their ganking spot but that's not the real issue here. Tbh removing .join would eliminate half the problem for area like Feralas/BS/Epl just because people would be too lazy to actually use their mouse for 15 mins just to get there.
But ok, let's say you only lose 5-10 mins which i really doubt for some spot.

As usual some people (admin) don't think far enought but it's hard to admit you were wrong all along. Alliance get instant queue, removing this function barely affect the Alliance side.

On the other hand, the casual horde pve player who still like to pvp will be less inclined to queue from its farming spot if he need to spend 15 mins to go back to felwood/winterspring/ungoro/silithus. This option only "favored" horde.
Because of the lazyness of people, this will aswell increase the probability to miss queue while afking in city.

And here come the virtuous circle:
Removing this command will reduce for sure the horde in queue, so queue will be faster then it will reduce the ganking in leveling zone to a more managable level, and so allowing faster leveling for alliance 50-59, making the alliance pvp lvl 60 playerpool bigger. Making queue shorter.

Still the problem is that Admin removed the option way too late. Alliance levelers capitulate and will give a shot at the new Fresh option and the horde ranker will jump to it aswell because nothing else to do.
The fact that the respecs are still 5g shows that they are unwilling to add custom features they have already implemented. Instead of the pointless crying about this feature, which will get you no where (see 5g respec thread). Why not suggest something new? Instanced skirmishes as a sort of arena would be a good pass time for a lot of people that enjoy the actual pvp instead of the legendary world pvp.

Well the .join command was introduced on k1 before k3 even launched and it didn't lead to any of the issues mentioned here, so it's kind of silly to argue it's the sole reason or even the main reason for the problems people are whingeing about.

Well the .join command was introduced on k1 before k3 even launched and it didn't lead to any of the issues mentioned here, so it's kind of silly to argue it's the sole reason or even the main reason for the problems people are whingeing about.

yes because you can definitely compare the situation on k1 (@naxx) with a fresh server... lmao

Brochettes post nails it

Well, the command was available on Rebirth also and apparently didn't lead to any of the issues you are complaining about. On the other hand, a quick google search suggests that other servers that didn't have the command available seem to have suffered from the same problems.

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10696
https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/47526-gank-scene-am-i-missing-something/
https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18990

But don't worry, you can always say that situation on these servers is not comparable to the current situation on k3.

Last edited:
Well, the command was available on Rebirth also and apparently didn't lead to any of the issues you are complaining about. On the other hand, a short google search suggests that other servers that didn't have the command available seem to have suffered from the same problems.
Actuallly you wrong, in K1 this sittuation WAS a problem, talking about Elysium and Nost yee, ganking always happened when server just Launch and Alliance didn't stand normally on foot, but with join command things just goes worser(btw i'm just talking about others, i never fill that horde kill me that much, case i always do same thing, killing anybody that i want lol, but talking about FP camping it's true, and server really lost great numbers of Alliance because of that). I already explain everything don't know why i need repeat that part.

Last edited:

First off there is only 1 G in whining. Secondly nobody that I recall has said it was the sole or main reason.

First off there is only 1 G in whining. Secondly nobody that I recall has said it was the sole or main reason.
Actually Jericho has stated several times that it's the main reason. I know his prose is a bit hard to read, but I don't see how you could've missed it.
Actuallly you wrong, in K1 this sittuation WAS a problem, talking about Elysium and Nost yee, ganking always happened when server just Launch and Alliance didn't stand normally on foot, but with join command things just goes worser(btw i'm just talking about others, i never fill that horde kill me that much, case i always do same thing, killing anybody that i want lol, but talking about FP camping it's true, and server really lost great numbers of Alliance because of that). I already explain everything don't know why i need repeat that part.
You haven't explained anything. You've made an argument that makes sense in your head and therefore think that's what happens in game. The truth is there is zero evidence to support your argument and the evidence that does exist is against it. Your "explanation" relies on pulling "facts" out of your ass, such as that 80 % of allies have quit the server and that they have quit due to the ganking which results from the .join command. You obviously don't know this and nobody else does either. You're also being inconsistent, since you now claim that the .join command makes the ganking problem worse, when you have previously claimed that the .join command is the reason for the ganking problem and that this problem didn't exist on servers that didn't have this feature. It's also pointless to say that .join makes the problem worse unless you can somehow quantify how much ganking is going on. That's why I fear that the recent change will "vindicate" Jericho and his ilk, because they can simply say they feel less ganking is going on, when in reality nobody can say how much ganking was occuring before and after the change.

In what way was the .join command a problem on K1?

Please Boltzmann, of course .join was a great addition to K1, no one was barely leveling or competing for ranks anymore when it got introduced. This was really a great move and should have been done in mid-2016.

The .join command just accentued the imbalance in Faction of K3 and should have been introduced way later when server would be in BWL/AQ state.

It's all the unblizzlike changes which led to this mess bit by bit and of course some retardness.

-5g respec
-.join
-The fact your 2nd bg queue drop once you enter one.
-Vanguard, when the biggest try hard pve guild announced they go to horde, it attracted more players and wannabee to horde.
-Retard pvp guild who went Horde when Vanguard announced they would go Horde and didn't predict the imbalanced in faction which was fucking obvious to happen.

And all the spamm AoE leveling fest (poorly done) which labeled the server as fun server.

I wont talk about the fucked up itemization in detail because i'll start throwing insult, which show how amateurish this project was to a lot of people.
In the end, i lost 2 weeks of leveling and 2 weeks of gathering prebis gear because i gave up, they made to many mistakes this time and this was nothing like K1.

FOR OLD IRAE
So if Any Horde from old Irae (2015-2016) members are passing by and are interested going Alliance, just pm me here i'll give you my lvl 60 hunter (with fast mount but crap blue gear and some hundreds of gold) I barely played it but it will be my way to help the server to recover a bit, because i wont play there anymore.

The word he is using is "whinge": https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/whinge
Similar to complain/cry/whine and predominantly used by "British English" speakers.

But there is no 'e' in "whinging". Edit: I take that back, "whingeing" is also acceptable. English can be really dumb with its spelling...

At times i find it a bit hilarious reading the word "Blizzlike"...

1.12.1 had countless exploits and issues blizzard later hotfixed or changed

5g cap was introduced by blizzard later as well, most respec 1-10 times throughout the entire 1.12.1 experience from start to finish and only few change spec more than that such as heal/tank roles. It is a blizzlike solution and it only improves things, if you like respeccing 100 times paying a massive amount then feel free to give me or any stranger that excess gold you cry about not being able to loose although i doubt you will ever hit the cap...

Black Lotus in vanilla was not as known as now and people can lock down on it and manipulate price to be 4-5 times higher than intended, if that was left unchanged u would have 1-2 guilds who got rich to a point where they can get anything at anytime and use flasks like they are pieces of candy as they can sell internally for resonable price. Heck blizzard made lotus equivalents later on RNG drop...

The equivalent to ".join" was blizzards first fix to faction battleground imbalance later on they had crossrealm to perfectly balance things, and on kronos what it does is reduce que time by increasing battlegrounds and for world pvp that means instead of being camped nonstop the camper might disapear for half an hour making it impossible for him to keep camping you or the FP as there will be breaks in between.

Now without .join the que is so long its worthless at certain times of the day to even que... it actually becomes better for players to deliberately camp... heck throughout the time i leveled my druid/lock i only noticed more killing me after the .join was removed i even spotted grom gol & kargath being raided a few times while before it was quite rare seeing that and ofc it would as suddenly some players would enter battlegrounds for half an hour making raids of small cities more problematic to maintain. Why do i say this ?

This thread in its entirety is an abomination born from players who honestly cannot play this game unless they play on a PvE server yet knowingly joined a PvP server and try to kill it off resulting in a dead PvE state...

You are of course right that the main issue people had with the .join command was not the imagined negative effects it had on the server, but that it was non-blizzlike. The complainers half admit as much in several parts of the thread. I really don't understand why they even pretend to oppose it on the grounds that it leads to ganking/griefing, when it's obviously not what they are concerned about.

50-59 bracket is dead now. are you satisfied now with gank numbers?
Couldnt POSSIBLY be Kronos changing the honor system to 50% for those less than L60 now could it?
Couldn't possibly have been a mass exodus to LH now could it?
Your and crowlocks tears are damned delicious.

Top Bottom