• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Remove restriction on Warlock summoning (return to blizzlike)

dsquidvicious

Authorized
Remove the level restriction on who warlocks can summon.

This suggestion comes from Sarei's comment in the thread on World Bosses, he says:

"Why don't you just remove that level-45-summoning-thing? Just set it up as it should be, level 20 or w/e it is. I joined the server and leveled on x7, 60s with 4 locks on follow leveling were all over the place. Anyone from K1 who would have summoners locks at level 20, got them to 45 almost just as easy so that custom feature doesn't make much sense."

He is right. Make the playing field fair for those who have not had access to x7 exp to level locks and make it fair for those players leveling locks normally now.

Thank you for consideration.

Last edited:
1. Remove the -15 level restriction which affects everyone on the server.
2. Give world bosses an invisible aura with 300 yards range.
3. Add invisible aura to level 60 characters who accept a summon, which lasts 60 minutes.
4. Players who have both auras at the same time have their movement speed reduced by 80% and their stats reduced by 50%

also do not remove warlock soulstone buff when warlock leaves party - it is blizzlike too

1. Remove the -15 level restriction which affects everyone on the server.
2. Give world bosses an invisible aura with 300 yards range.
3. Add invisible aura to level 60 characters who accept a summon, which lasts 60 minutes.
4. Players who have both auras at the same time have their movement speed reduced by 80% and their stats reduced by 50%

5. Give people flying from Orgrimmar to Azshara an hour long debuff that reduces movement speed by 80% and their stats by 50% when Azuregos is up.

I say keep it the way it is. The problem with summoning at 20 is you can multi-box here. I don't really want to see a million lvl 20 locks with lvl 1 clickers parked all over the place. At least when it's 45 you have to work a bit.

the whole warlock summoning thing is olready out of hand..

you say that lower level summoning is blizzlike but the fact is that you can have as many accounts as you want here for free wich isnt blizzlike hence all those warlock alts+clickers on diffrent accounts isnt blizzlike either unless you had a godlike computer and enough money to spend on accounts back than.

atleast now you have to work a bit harder for it to be able to summon instead of spending 3 hours farming some mobs to summon yourself all over the place.

sure its nice to save worldbuffs for raids but at the same time it doesnt feel blizzlike whatsoever to nuke down an entire raid in less than an houre because of the amount of time left on buffs that back than would have probably ran out by the time you did half a raid..

if you beg for somthing to be blizzlike than you have to be consistent but not let 1 thing be blizzlike but say screw it to the other parts of the game.

Last edited:
I don't think it matters too much, the required level could be 60 and people would most likely still do it, simply because of the sheer amount of dedication.

agree, the more restrictive something is, the more "advantageous" it is for the most dedicated ppl. So IMO the question is, do we want it to be reward for grind, hard work and dedication or something accessible to masses (lol, masses on Kronos)

Why don't you just remove that level-45-summoning-thing? Just set it up as it should be, level 20 or w/e it is.
Why was it changed in the first place? Does it still has a reason to be this way?

Stop bringing x7 event up, ur only salty cuz u didn't have such opportunity (which is something absolutely typical for twinstar). I would say there are more warlocks exped without such boost (hell, even I have my warlock-airlines alt and I only play vanilla when there's nothing to do on my cataclysm characters)

Top Bottom