• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Remove "vanillagaming" from blacklisted words

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagson

Authorized
A few days ago "vanillagaming" was added to the list of blacklisted words, meaning that if you post something containing this your message will not be posted.

Vanillagaming is very much a dead realm, with only a very small number of people still playing on it. Even if you advertised their realm at login you could count the amount of rerollers on one hand. There is no reason to have this blacklisted, no one will reroll when they learn of the existence of this realm.

However, AoWoW, a very nice vanilla database, featuring timelocked wowhead comments and, in my subjective experience, faster loading time, is hosted at db.vanillagaming.com. Twinhead has some nice features that AoWoW lacks, but AoWoW has some that Twinhead doesn't have. For this reason I have used both in the past, and will continue to do so.

Not being able to link items from AoWoW in chat is an enormous pain in the ass however, and a completely unnecessary one.

So I suggest you remove this unnecessary filtering that needlessly makes everyday play more annoying than it needs to be.

Adding WH comments to twinhead would be actually pretty cool and appreciated. I use vanillagaming for same reason.

oh.. no wonder i couldn't send a db.vanillagaming.org link to a friend.
that explains it!

First, you can see wowhead comments even on twinhead, but without breaking wowhead elua.
Second, my personal guess is, that gms want to force players to use twinhead. Because the more players use it and comment on it, the better twinhead becomes.

This could be why

L. It is forbidden to advertise other servers with the same or similar focus as TwinStar. It is also forbidden to post links or information about sites which contain direct information about such servers.

Are you also going to blacklist Feenix and wow-one despite them being dead?
Will we blacklist "retail" and "Black Desert Online" too, people might leave and play that instead!

Vanillagaming is not a serious competition, all you're doing is preventing us from from using a great database, and making everyday gameplay more annoying.

It is also forbidden to post links or information about sites which contain direct information about such servers.

So r/wowservers is banned? Private server reviewers youtube channels are banned? Maybe all of reddit and youtube?
Censorship wont help you, it only makes you look weak.
This is not even about censoring competition though. Vanillagaming is not competition.

I agree with Hagson. I use Aowow as default database as well, because of the comments.
The only time I use twinhead database is when I link items here on the forum.

I would like to see Aerith here above demonstrate the wowhead comments on twinhead, because I ain't seeing anything..

If twinhead somehow manages to import the old comments, I would switch over immediately and it would be great, and we would write many new comments alongside the old ones.
I you accomplish this, make sure you make TWO comment tabs, one for the old ones based on retail and one for original twinhead ones. Being able to keep them separated is valuable! We use them as reference of how things were. (as far as you can trust anonymous player reports of course)

I agree with Hagson. I use Aowow as default database as well, because of the comments.
The only time I use twinhead database is when I link items here on the forum.

I would like to see Aerith here above demonstrate the wowhead comments on twinhead, because I ain't seeing anything..

Quick guide - Find anything on twinhead (like quest), in the line where the name is, click on "Wowhead" button. On next page, click on comments - Congratulations. You are on wowhead comments.

The thing is, that comments on wowhead are property of wowhead site and copying them on your site breaks the elua. That's why Twinhead don't have them accesible directly but through link.

I use Aowow as default database as well, because of the comments. The only time I use twinhead database is when I link items here on the forum.

Same here, also it has some nice filtering features, faster loading and some other extra infos very useful for quests and model editing.

Anyways that database wasn't even associated with vg at the begginning (it even had a different domain, something like aowow.org), it was a simple neutral database. But then the owner got this unfortunate idea to stick with vg for some reason :wacko:

We can't really blame Kronos for censuring a site associated with another vanilla server, that's a pretty common thing for every private server, even though I agree it's not a threat at all. But maybe we can ask the owner of that site to leave vg and go back to the old domain :w00t:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom