• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Revert Black Lotus Changes

Devildr1ver

I understand your reasoning behind adding custom Black Lotus spawn points back in the day to prevent people from abusing the system.

But keep the following in mind :

1. The recent increase of the server population (merge) and the high demand on Black Lotus for endcontent raiding make it unlikely that people will be able to continue abusing this unpunished by the other faction
  2. Quite a few people on K1 (and some on K2 aswell i guess) have been able to collect large amounts of Lotus, while new people that start raiding now are mostly forced buying it from their stock.
  3. You dont seem to have a problem in making unpopular changes if evidence is found that a certain behaviour isnt "blizzlike" (which is fine, but then you should stick to it). Im sure we can agree that the current Lotus spawns arent.
  4. Give us back World PvP. There have always been somewhat healthy cross faction battles over Lotus spawnpoints (at least on Kronos 2). For many people it was the only incentive to leave main cities and have some fun outside of Battlegrounds. Unfortunately this seems largely dead now, even though the overall population increased.

So pls, revert the changes on Black Lotus and restore the original blizzlike spawn locations.

Thanks for reading

I understand your reasoning behind adding custom Black Lotus spawn points back in the day to prevent people from abusing the system.

But keep the following in mind :

1. The recent increase of the server population (merge) and the high demand on Black Lotus for endcontent raiding make it unlikely that people will be able to continue abusing this unpunished by the other faction
  2. Quite a few people on K1 (and some on K2 aswell i guess) have been able to collect large amounts of Lotus, while new people that start raiding now are mostly forced buying it from their stock.
  3. You dont seem to have a problem in making unpopular changes if evidence is found that a certain behaviour isnt "blizzlike" (which is fine, but then you should stick to it). Im sure we can agree that the current Lotus spawns arent.
  4. Give us back World PvP. There have always been somewhat healthy cross faction battles over Lotus spawnpoints (at least on Kronos 2). For many people it was the only incentive to leave main cities and have some fun outside of Battlegrounds. Unfortunately this seems largely dead now, even though the overall population increased.

So pls, revert the changes on Black Lotus and restore the original blizzlike spawn locations.

Thanks for reading

That whole line of argumentation is invalid. Several people in my guild including myself managed to farm over 100 lotus in around three weeks prior and post merge (difficulty and competition is roughly the same), when then new system was already introduced. Why can't you do it?

About point in your argumentation: Invis potion and pick lotus - great world pvp.

Last edited:
About point in your argumentation: Invis potion and pick lotus - great world pvp.

Use AOE on spawn point.

Yes, please, revert it. I don't want to buy lotus for 80g so let me farm ~50 in 2-3 days and be fine for a year again. Old system for the win.

ofc you aoe e.g. in the south west sili spot so the mobs all aggro you and the other guy can take the lotus.

nah

maybe slightly reduce the number of nodes as a golden mean, enough that people can't just log 5 clients every hour to camp them, but few enough that people are bound to run into eachother to fight over them

Make Black Lotus a random drop on a honor kill when not on a battleground
#great_ideas_to_incentivise_wPvP

Top Bottom