• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other Rogue or Hunter decision

chadkun

I have really bad alt-itis (can't stop making alts). I've narrowed my choices down to these two classes: Dwarf Hunter and Undead Rogue.
Can anyone give me insight on the faction characteristics and how the classes perform leveling and world pvp and end game? Your help is greatly appreciated !

End game damage : Rogue > Hunter. But Hunter is still needed for Tranq, and if you can be top of your game can do an average of 2/3 the damage of a rogue. You are ranged though and typically need less heals.

Dwarf Hunter will counter a rogue with stone form to prevent blind and then closing space, however if you are concerned more with World PVP, a Night Elf Hunter with Shadow Meld and using a cat pet that can sneak, would be preferred for your World fun.

Leveling wise, both suck pre lvl 10, the Rogue sucking more though. Post level 10, hunter becomes a joke with the obtaining of a pet. Rogue is still a struggle and gets manageable after level 20. Once you hit mid 30s with a rogue and into the 40s, it becomes really fun if you use a mix spec for maximizing Ambush and backstab crit %. (Mix of assassin, combat, and sub). I have an old school post in the rogue section about the spec I'm referring to which I'll check the links to ensure they havn't expired.

Pug raiding with them, ranged DPS are sought after more, and you will have much less loot competition with Tier Gear, and class only epic quest item for starting/entry raid gear.

**EDIT:

I updated my post #7 from the rogue leveling guide:

https://forum.twinstar.cz/showthrea...cialization-when-leveling?p=713623#post713623

All links should work again.

Last edited:
Go UD Rogue. Great experience! I miss UD leveling place esp Silverpine and even barrens -_-
Get herb+alc imo. Best proffs as pots are useful and herbs can be farmed w stealth (sneak past elites at hinterland caves and take ghost mushrooms).
Some herbs give huge income on this server I suspect Gthorn, Sungrass, Wsteelbloom and any higher herbs pretty much.
Recently I didn't even see Gshrooms on AH hence the rarity.

Last edited:
Top Bottom