• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Rogue Rogue PvP suggestions

Lharts

Authorized
As probably everyone who is actively playing knows, ALLIANCE HAS A SHIT TON OF ROGUES.

Everytime I join WSG with warrior or hunter I see the following happening.

-> Horde player picks the flag
-> Players with physical slows attack him
-> The flag carriers movement is impeded
-> Horde has no chance to remove the physical slow from the flag carrier
-> A rogue jumps in and applies Crippling Poison Rank 2
-> The rogue does not have the Vile Poisons talent
-> A shaman, his Totem or a Druid remove the Crippling
-> The flag carrier escapes

Yesterday in only 2 games of Warsong. 7 fucking times. 7. 4 of them flag caps.

After that we did some testing on how the debuff stacking for slows works:
-> stronger slows will overwrite weaker slows
-> equally strong slows will overwrite each other according to the remaining duration

Crippling Poison Rank 2 has 70% slow while Hamstring only has 50%. Wing Clip has 60%. Crippling will therefore remove both of these slows from the target, ALWAYS.

So much for the problem, now to the solution:
Crippling Rank 1 only slows by 50%. An equal amount as Hamstring and a lower amount then Wing Clip.
Crippling Poison only lasts 12 seconds, Hamstring lasts 15.

This means that Wing Clip can not be overwritten by Crippling and Hamstring can only be overwritten if its remaining duration is below 12 seconds. Additionally you will not get an error message when trying to apply Hamstring to a target that is currently affacted by Crippling.

Why is this interesting or important?
Simple. Removing poisons in WoW is easy while getting rid of physical slows is not. Especially in WSG movement is key. Beeing able to impede the flag carrier indefinitely is often the biggest advantage you can get.
Of course this applies to other enemies or situations aswell. The flag carrier just is the most prominent example.

My suggestion now is that every actively PvPing alliance rogue should always carry arround stacks of the lower rank poison to make use of this debuff mechanic.
Once you see that you have a reliable warrior or hunter that always puts up Hamstring or Wing Clip you should remove your higher rank Crippling, or at least contemplate using Vile Poisons to make your Poisons a bit harded to remove.
In my opinion this is one of the biggest advantages that alliance has over horde and players should make better use of it.
Another option (which I sometimes did while playing rogue) is that you simply try to target other players instead of the ones that are beeing physically slowed. That works aswell too.

Cheers

tl;dr
Crippling Rank 2 overwrites physical slows, horde can easily remove the Poison. Use Crippling Rank 1 so physical slows will remain on the target and horde can't remove them unless they have a druid or insignia. Abuse alliances movement advantage.

Last edited:
This actually makes a lot of sense, rogues should realize this and act accordingly.

Alliance movement advantage?

Paladins can Blessing of Freedom to remove physical slows like Hamstring, Wing Clip, and Improved Blizzard. Gnomes can Escape Artist. The only way I know that Horde can escape physical slows is with mage Ice Block or rogue Vanish, which of course causes them to drop the flag, and these methods are not specific to horde.

Not to mention that while Crippling R2 is up you can't use Hamstring to force Windfury procs.

Top Bottom