• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Rolling Spriest which side to choose ? Group PVP only

Hyugarr

I wanted to go H at first for that juicy -20% healing curse, but i'm not sure SP is welcome in the horde meta or if i should rather go alliance for balance between factions ...

Is sp any part of the alliance meta ? What's the best choice to get a spot ?

Any other tip is always welcome :)

Last edited:
Guys i don't want this topic to turn into : troll or undead, but rather alliance or horde on kronos

But yeah i agree troll is more teamsupport and ud 1v1/selfish choice :)which is why i will roll troll if horde

I haven't seen many good spriests on ally in a while, so come alliance if you wanna balance the situation.

male nelf priest :w00t:
jk go dorf :3

Well in premade v premade games you should always be a healer.. Warlock can do everything that SP can and much more + it deals more damage and doesn't run around oom half of the game. If no lock is available I'd rather just take another frost mage for a lot more utility instead of SP so it's kinda waste of a spot :X Don't think we ever had a SP in the team for premade v premade games unless there was 10 or less people online and it happened to be 4 priests there so one of them respeced. That being said, Horde side indeed lack priests healers for group PvP, so you should consider that option (or just roll a warlock or mage if you wanna be more useful caster in group PvP).

Last edited:
Maybe you could consider playing the tri spec?

Anyways both sides lack players atm while alliance has shorter que times.

Horde is very heavy on mage/rogues atm and generally lacks more healers.

Alliance is usually very melee heavy and lacks casters most games.

Warlock can do everything that SP can and much more + it deals more damage and doesn't run around oom half of the game
only the part about beeing oom is correct.

go alliance. dorf is best choice for spriest in group pvp.
I'd also consider going trispec.

Well just as priest, lock can also AOE fear and he can also dispel both offensively and defensively. On the other hand lock can also CoT, counterspell, has 2 schools of spells in case one of them gets locked down, peel with CoEx, has way better CC with spammable fear (which doesn't even break on Kronos), Deathcoil as one of the strongest PvP cooldowns in general, Life Tap to solve mana issues and the damage is just retarded. Getting globaled with 2700 bolt + 2000 Shadowburn is a normal thing nowadays. Like, Malthael who is probably the best geared SP that PvP's doesn't even come close to Fellson, Baroli and similar geared warlocks. Like Silence is the only thing that SP has over lock, idk how it's even close in your mind when you compare these 2 classes in group PvP. In 1v1 sure, SP is sick.

I'm not against the idea of playing trispec at all. Would be fine for me to play an offensive healer. Shadowform just looks cool :D

Obviously i would be troll (fuck wotf) or dwarf depending on side choice ... which should be horde because of healer meta there, unless alliance is low pop.

Last edited:
idk how it's even close in your mind when you compare these 2 classes in group PvP
when did I ever compare both classes?

lock AoE fear -> cast time, dispellable
priest AoE fear -> instant, not dispellable

felhunter dispel has long CD, devours 1 spell
priest dispells 2 spells at once and is spamable

your sentiment that locks can do the same as spriests, just better, is simply not true. thats the only thing I pointed out.

op didn't ask which class to pick. he specifically said that he wants to go spriest and his only question was which faction or race he should use.
the best choice to play spriest as alliance is... dun dun dun dun, DORF! or?

Fear/Charm immunity gives you more utility in most teamplay situations over the troll racials, especially considering that you can get mc capped in combat on this server.

EDIT: I kind of agree with Lharts in that spriest has it's strengths, although you gotta give it to Sarei that in a prem v prem game, where there's usually other shamans or priests on offense combined with the dps classes like wl anyway they don't provide anything special. Correctly played spriest is still nice to have on offense, but you gotta keep in mind that you're a supportive caster first and foremost, not the main dps.

Last edited:
I understand your point Sarei, but just for premades. For pugs spriest might be compared to retries, so it's basically a good 1vs1 spec that has also good supportive spells, that means it can adapt to the situations. So if the pug lacks healers you'll probably bubble/dispel and eventually heal most of the times, or if the team needs that good damage burst then you'll be able to help that way with a huge damage burst.

A spriest can do almost anything a healing priest could do (even though he goes oom way faster, I give you that), but then why don't you go healing or trispec? Well the main reason is that you can enjoy playing a spriest even when your pug group sux ass (and this is the most common case for Alliance nowadays), becouse you can still solo kill the efc, cc with mind flay (you can slow down and stun people with it) and silence, support the fc, et cetera.

Trispec is best for a premade, spriest is pretty enjoyable when playing pugs or 1vs1.

But nerdish stuff apart, shadowform looks just so damn cool! :w00t:

He asked for some other tips as well so I wrote one aka to consider some other caster if he wanted to play damage dealer in group pvp(

Well yeah, he asked about "group PvP", I understood that as a Premade environment, if he meant pug BGs as well then sure, you can play whatever, there's no any organization and people just do random stuff in radnom setups so roles don't really matter. Ofc priest dispels better then a warlock and it has it's own strengths, but in group PvP you should have a priest healer with you on offense anyway, it's enough for lock to dispel CC'd priest and he dispel other stuff. Topmong put it right that he doesn't bring anything special to the table in combination with the other classes in premades, whereas warlock brings shitton of unique utility and more damage, that was my whole point.

Bottom line is, Hyugarr if you wanna play priest in premades, any kind of priest healers on Horde is what's lacking the most on the server. Noone really lacks SPs for such games, but Alliance pugs do lack any casters since they are really melee heavy, so that's probably where SP would be the most useful right now.

Top Bottom