• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Safespotting, what a dilemma!

lanevegame

Authorized
So today I was in WSG and a certain player started to safespot on our roof with the flag on:
safespot.jpg

I've seen this happening in two games in a row, so I've decided to go on Discord and ask a GM for help. The GM team stated that this is allowed becouse everyone can get in there, so technically it's not a safespot. I can't argue with that, but it's also true that it's easier to get there for certain races (based on their model size) and most importantly that spot is obviously not designed to be used by players, so it's quite hard to get there for most players.

Consider also the entire Alliance team trying to stop you while you try to figure out how the heck you get in that place (since like I said it wasn't designed for players, so you need to know the trick to be able to get there at the first attempt).

In the screenshot above you can see our mage AoE'ing, so that's basically the easiest way to kill EFC for people who didn't train that specific safespot wall jumping. But things get more complicated when they also get a healer in the safespot. So basically this way you're forced to /afk out, wait 15 minuts for deserter and hope not to get in that cursed game again.

So whatever you call it "safespot" abusing or not, this is obviously griefing. And isn't it a common sense rule to prevent griefing? In the past this kind of "glitches" (?) have been fixed by adding extra invisible walls to make it impossible for players to ge there, even for the most skilled wall jumpers. So I'm sure they are gonna fix this the same way.

But the point is, why wouldn't GMs be allowed to kick the player who's griefing the game? I'm not saying ban or anything harsh, simply kick him out of the game and that's it. I mean isn't that the purpose of a Game Master, keeping the game fair and clean for everyone?

There will be new safespots in the future, I'm sure, so maybe we should consider a new policy for GMs to manage these kind of situations.

P.S. I've just realized there's another thread with basically the same topic, so maybe they can be merged together.

Last edited:
The GM team stated that this is allowed becouse everyone can get in there, so technically it's not a safespot. I can't argue with that, but it's also true that it's easier to get there for certain races (based on their model size)...

If you prove that at least one race-class combination is physically unable to reach that place, I believe it might turn into a bannable offence. If we are lucky, then it could also be a worldwide offence and not just Warsong Gulch.

Last edited:
Lightsky was right with his reply to a certain player, that it's not bannable.
However, from time to time we investigate these issues and make them unreachable for players if we find them too 'dangerous' for PvP. I'll investigate this myself, once we are done with the merge circus.

The walljump experience, recorded while exploring (did not know of this exploit)
[video=youtube;XHxCyQ43Srw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHxCyQ43Srw[/video]

Top Bottom