• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[BWL] Blackwing Lair Scripting: Final Verdict?

Just to clarify - if you think, that geting server firsts in BWL was easy, then you are wrong, it wasnt.
We have raid leader, that raided naxx back on retail and he takes it very seriously.
When BWL was announced, he posted on our forums necessary preparation for everyone and it was a long list. We also had 5 hours long briefing about how we are going to proceed through whole raid.

And from my point of view (rogue), whole BWL was scripted perfectly. Seeing now your points, i hope that everything will get fixed soon so BWL will be 100% blizzlike as it should.

Just to clarify - if you think, that geting server firsts in BWL was easy, then you are wrong, it wasnt.
We have raid leader, that raided naxx back on retail and he takes it very seriously.
When BWL was announced, he posted on our forums necessary preparation for everyone and it was a long list. We also had 5 hours long briefing about how we are going to proceed through whole raid.

And from my point of view (rogue), whole BWL was scripted perfectly. Seeing now your points, i hope that everything will get fixed soon so BWL will be 100% blizzlike as it should.
not sure what your point is tbh, nobody doubts synced put in a lot of effort

Without taking anything away from the general scripting (which is excellent by the way), and the already heated discussion:

The adds on Nefarian @ 20% - do they move too fast? That is - they go from general run speed to semi-charge as they approach healers with aggro.

There are obvious solutions to this of course, but again it might cause respecs, benching and other stuff which I believe shoudln't be necessary. Hope to get some input on this.

that's true @ rolex

the adds at nefarian tend to "slingshot" into ppl, i saw that on other people's stream. especially when the skeleton's target stands behind an obstacle, these mobs seem to teleport around it and reach that target instantly.

here's a vod of zipzo's stream where you can see it. skip to 1:36:20 it can be seen there.
http://www.twitch.tv/zipzo62/v/13681930

Here are a few things I noticed with my guild, Onslaught:

1) We were locked out of our instance for an hour after a wipe because the instance was in combat, despite all 40 players releasing. Gurky had to mess around for a bit to figure out what was causing it. This was caused by Blackwing Technicians instantly vanishing in Vael's room and somehow being locked in combat? He had to respawn the pack and kill them all and then we could all zone in.

We did not get a single Elementium Ore the entire raid instance, some guilds got as many as 5. Probably just bad RNG. QQ.

2) We only got 6 items from all 3 drakes. Some guilds got 3 items from multiple drakes. Is there a chance to receive an extra item or something? Again QQ.

3) Chromaggus is overtuned and applying debuffs to all 40 raid members instead of a dozen and doing so more frequently. Honestly its doable even without stacking the raid, just not very blizzlike atm. Our guild killed Chromagg with 11 healers/dispellers as horde. Also the damn thing kept rolling nature vulnerability, can you guess which 2 times it was something good: https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?boss-kill=267346#bosskills_players:0+3+8+1

4) Nefarian mage call and Nefarian dominate mind in phase 1 are causing strange "Invalid Target" errors with healers/dispellers. We see this happen in dungeons or on Lucifron sometimes with Invalid Target. Rogue call is also not blizzlike and phase 3 mobs run too fast. Our guild will kill Nefarian no questions asked but it was a very odd thing to see.

5) Tried to run back to BWL to make flasks after clearing the instance but there were respawns in suppression room. This is odd.

Last edited:
Please polish current raid content before releasing new.

• https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=2199 Blackwing Taskmasters respawning after Broodlord is dead.
  • https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=7084#comments This one is more general as it's not just about BWL. Silly pathing of mobs that decide to go to the "beginning" of the ledge and then walk all the way towards the target that got on the ledge simply by moving on to it somewhere in middle. Mobs should be able to follow players on small ledges if it's the shortest path.
    Video evidence included.
  • https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=7361 Broodlord Lashlayer not properly using the ability to reduce threat of current target and whelps respawning during fight.
  • Mage class call and mind control on Nefarian are causing players to be invalid targets for healers, sometimes causing raid wipes.

Please fix.

Last edited:
Some input from my side on BWL now that we cleared it.

1. Chrom - This week the bronze affliction is procing like crazy (I believe there was a tuning done to the encounter), and it's procing way too fast after each other like every 5-10 sec. The rest of the encounter looks very good but have a look at bronze please.

2. skeleton phase 3 on nef - If you wipe on phase 1 or 2 a couple of times and then reach phase 3 all the skeletons from the previous phases spawn as well, which results in a wipe as you can't deal with double or tripple the amount of skeletons, remove the corpses when the encouter resets should sove this.

3. the skeletons have a lot of health, I remember that skeletons should die within 10-15 seconds when you have around 10 casters do aoe on the group. But that wasn't the case, it feels like they have more health than they should have.

Overall, very nice scripted BWL instance, very happy with it.
Oh btw, supression room also feels a bit too easy, can't put my finger on it where or how but if feels undertuned.

If the above get's fixed it's an A+ on the scripting part, GJ.

Cheers,
Mhysa

To 2, never had this issue even though we wiped like 4 times on skellies, pretty weird.

Also about skeletons, according to bug tracker their hp is fine but they should deal less damage.

yeah that skeleton bug is really annoying.. we had triple skeletons when we brought him to phase 3 the first time yesterday :) and they died pretty slow> too much hp

apart from that the nefarian fight is really fun and more challenging compared to the private server we played beore.

Top Bottom