• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Server Location

zPrQD6S

Authorized
Hey, I was wondering where the server would be located geographically.

Much appreciated

I'm also wondering this as a North American player. What kind of latency can I expect?

This server apparently was up in the past too ey? Why did it go down and get wiped? Did people lose a lot of the time they invested?

ty. that's a little disappointing to hear, but who knows how it'll be for us NA users

Last edited:
There were a few users from the US/Canada playing on the last version of Kronos without problems. They were East Coast though, West Coast is maybe going to have problems.

Server is in Czech Republic, max. MS 60-70+-

He means 60-70 for NA :) For czech its way below that. Nah Kruto, even westcoast should have no issues what so ever.

Well the number one reason the server went down was because of community.
Twinstar did not advertise this project much and it was not widely known amongst the 1.12.1 community.

Fortunately this changed now due to advertisement.

I am not sure what they decided now about old characters, but there was some statements that chars from old kronos might get restored (with some drawbacks ofc to not ruin the economy).

Its so worth playing here. You should try it out and see for yourself.

Take that from someone who would lose 3 really well geared characters if Kronos wiped the character database completely (which isn't sure yet):

Kronos offers the closest to real vanilla. They are well ahead of any project I played on so far.
Which was about every classic server with >100 players. Pair that with the most friendly and helpful community and you get the idea.

Last edited:
I suggest you to try it ,u will get amazed by the quality ,even if a casual player other server seems to work good there is a lot of mechanic bug which make the game totally different

Ty for the helpful info. I have another question if u don't mind. I heard that Kronos was going to be a 7x rate server rather than 1x. Is this a decision that's already been completely decided on?

Also, I ran some speed tests on Czech servers from the west coast, and was seeing around 170-190ms. It can be coped with though.

Last edited:
If you got TBC client I recommend you to try it out on Twinstars TBC realm to see what latency is like. It should not be above 100 though.

To your question. 7* is bullshit. Thats what it was like before, but this time it will be way lower.
Probably not 1*, but not much higher.
Staff said they will release a FAQ this week and I guess this will contain the EP rates for the server too.

I hope for 1x rates. Lvling in azeroth with difficulty on 1.12.1 spells and talents is just the part of vanilla gaming. You will do it onle once anyway. When you reach 60,you will be stucked only on runing dungeons or Bgs. Higher retes are not blizzlike and its ruining dungeons 15-50.

I guess most of you know about the difficulties that occur when you try to host your server in the US. (Blizzard policies)
We know that people from North America and Australia would love to have the server hosted in a different place than central europe, but we can not offer you that.
However, previous american Players have stated that they were positively surprised about the "good" latencies they got here, despite the fact that it's hosted in europe.
In the end, we can just ask you to try and find out what latencies you get here.
We would love to see and welcome a large american community here as well.

for the people talking about leveling rates, you can exchange your thoughts and opinions about that topic, but it makes the most sense if you open a own thread for it.

I hope for 1x rates. Lvling in azeroth with difficulty on 1.12.1 spells and talents is just the part of vanilla gaming. You will do it onle once anyway. When you reach 60,you will be stucked only on runing dungeons or Bgs. Higher retes are not blizzlike and its ruining dungeons 15-50.

Yes. I can't find myself interested in characters that I don't personally level myself even though I'm a very serious PvPer, and x7 rates can hardly be considered truly levelling. I'll be lurking to see what happens, tyvm for the responses to my questions in addition to the OP's.

Last edited:
In EU that depends on your providers mostly. I'm only about 200km away from the host, so I had ~10ms on wifi connection. I don't remember anyone who would have high latency issues on previous Kronos.

Top Bottom