• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information Server Merge and Naxxramas

I understand everyone who wants race/faction change, but let us just be glad and thankful about the merge news without calling for something else.

no update on race/faction change. This requires the new account manager, which is not yet completed. As soon as we have information, it will be shared with you!

Davros... i love you.
[video=youtube;dt7DtqXUIs8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt7DtqXUIs8[/video]

reminder that K2 timeline applies.
naxx delayed for 1 more year. sry sry

As a K1 player I'd honestly be fine with that, would allow a good chunk of time for AQ geared bg/ranking to occur before what T3 turns BG's into. Also giving K2 and new comers more than acceptable time to catch up pve wise, and really nail out a good Naxx release in the end. The only downer is the fact that there isn't really enough gold sinks to counter that amount of time, the economy runs a risk of going past a tripping point where it becomes another to much gold and mats feenix.

Like a movie, video game, event, raid or even having a kid in rl.... There's a to soon/to late release time frame, hitting that small window in between is crucial for best possible outcome. The Twinstar and Kronos team have so far done well above my expectations and I feel safe to save I have no worries they will drop Naxx at the right timeframe that is in the best interest of the project.

As a K1 player I'd honestly be fine with that, would allow a good chunk of time for AQ geared bg/ranking to occur before what T3 turns BG's into. Also giving K2 and new comers more than acceptable time to catch up pve wise, and really nail out a good Naxx release in the end. The only downer is the fact that there isn't really enough gold sinks to counter that amount of time, the economy runs a risk of going past a tripping point where it becomes another to much gold and mats feenix.

Like a movie, video game, event, raid or even having a kid in rl.... There's a to soon/to late release time frame, hitting that small window in between is crucial for best possible outcome. The Twinstar and Kronos team have so far done well above my expectations and I feel safe to save I have no worries they will drop Naxx at the right timeframe that is in the best interest of the project.
yeah but delaying naxx for an entire year would be ridiculous. it's already been roughly 9 months since AQ40 was released on k1, and about a month on k2

Another frequent and long requested ability from our community is the option to change race and faction. We have noticed how the population is not equally distributed amongst the two factions on neither Kronos I nor Kronos II. To combat this problem, which has effects (especially in the PvP scene), we have spent a lot of time and money investing in a new Account Manager setup which will allow players to change the race of their character(s). With race changes comes the ability to faction change. This would obviously mean the character as a whole from then on would belong to the opposite faction. Factions will be heavily monitored by our team, and when an imbalance is present, faction changes will be limited to help build up the fledgling faction in order to keep a healthy ratio. This ability has been in the works for some time, and while we’re not yet ready to introduce this; this ability is expected to be ready around Q2 2017. What this means is that it will be ready after Kronos has been unified.

Bump

Any news on this?

yeah but delaying naxx for an entire year would be ridiculous. it's already been roughly 9 months since AQ40 was released on k1, and about a month on k2
Blizzard took almost a year before they released Naxxramas back in the day and Naxxramas is the last content of 1.12.1 afterwards people will be gearing for months as the next step would be 2.4.3.

I Honestly hope Naxxramas will release sometime around Oktober/November as that is the winter time where more will have time to play. At the moment a lot of new players are slowly getting into the game and new guilds are being formed and people are gathering gear & material for when Naxxramas eventually comes.

Rushing something aint no good and the longer you wait the more bugs will be fixed & discovered.

I Honestly hope Naxxramas will release sometime around Oktober/November as that is the winter time where more will have time to play.

If you mean that population will be at most half of what it is right now, but we will get some people to log back in for Naxx, then yes - I agree with you. We will have more people than right before Naxx.

It is always easier to keep people happy and engaged, then to make new ones willing to come and invest ;)

It is always easier to keep people happy and engaged, then to make new ones willing to come and invest ;)
Quite contrary actually it is easier to attract new than retain what you have the same principle is shown in all games as you see new players start and old ones leave but over time you gain many times more players than you had originally as new players will replace the old over and over but yes most games will try to keep people happy so they stay longer and thus population increases you can see games as a cup which constantly has water dripping into it and below are a couple small holes.

If you mean that population will be at most half of what it is right now, but we will get some people to log back in for Naxx, then yes - I agree with you. We will have more people than right before Naxx.

I take it you are the type who sees the cup as half empty rather than half full after you take a sip ? Anyways i highly doubt half will have left as that is quite extreme not to mention new players starting all the time or people who where slow or came back and are still gearing for it.

note: why are people so pessimistic when it comes to the future ?...

note: why are people so pessimistic when it comes to the future ?...

Because of experience and history of Kronos that you seem to have forgotten all about? So many times have we touched the bottom. It drains people. No one wants to keep surviving. People want to be able to actually relax a bit without fearing for stability of their communities and play the game for once.

Crowlock, did anybody ever ask you if you are retarded or something?

I do not mean this as an offense, but you talk like somebody who has absolutely no clue how draining it is to keep on searching for good reliable core members over and over and over again because bored core players just quit. Having NO bait and zero communication from the administration is the #1 guild and server killer in the private server scene. Right now it even looks promising to start completeley from scratch on another private server because they have better community management and more active devs.

Last edited:
Crowlock, did anybody ever ask you if you are retarded or something?

I do not mean this as an offense, but you talk like somebody who has absolutely no clue how draining it is to keep on searching for good reliable core members over and over and over again because bored core players just quit. Having NO bait and zero communication from the administration is the #1 guild and server killer in the private server scene. Right now it even looks promising to start completeley from scratch on another private server because they have better community management and more active devs.
Let me put it this way i have been the leader of 2 guilds thus far both of which where sustained for 6-14 month's and had complete 40 man cores 1 of which had an eu & us core that worked out for 3-4 month's so i kinda know how it is additionally i think i am doing more than you by a long shot and i cannot help seeing you as some kinda spoiled brat who takes the only calm reasonable voice and picks at it as if its at fault...

If you are truly scared of stability then seek out where you are not afraid or try sleeping with the light turned off for a bit in order to grow a spine and next work on your empathy by placing yourself in others shoes or try to help even by a bit... if you cannot do that much then your not even worthy of complaining...

Note: Asking such a question is quite offensive and the intent can only be meant offensively the only reason you would say afterwards that you do not mean it offensively is simply a cheapskate way out of potential forum bans/silences or other punishments... pathetic...

anyways last i checked this thread was not about me but Naxxramas and the merge so rather than target me out of spite becourse i happen to have another perspective than you why not act civilized and continue the original topic... -.-

Last edited:
Did you read Fei's post about the BWL clears and the AQ clears? I think it sums up the problem pretty decent. While I appreciate every single second of work the devs put into this server, I find it not very nice to give the community no update about naxx in months but waste your time on fucking rockbiter weapon and other minor fixes.

Also nice assumptions about the editing. If it was like you said I would just have deleted my former introduction sentence. Just look around on the forums and you will find plenty of people calling each other retards.

One thing I agree on with you: focus on the topic again.

TBH if you look at the past as an example new raid releases actually don't revitalize the server at all. Just look at AQ40 within a couple months K1 pop went down to embarrassing levels. The new players in my guild came from Nost crashing and old guilds dying not really from AQ40 pre hype. Once Q40 was cleared a lot of core members even left.

TBH if you look at the past as an example new raid releases actually don't revitalize the server at all. Just look at AQ40 within a couple months K1 pop went down to embarrassing levels. The new players in my guild came from Nost crashing and old guilds dying not really from AQ40 pre hype. Once Q40 was cleared a lot of core members even left.

A big factor in the pop drop around Sept was the release of Legion. A ton of people were tempted back to retail. Some came back, some didn't. AQ is nice and all but Naxx is the one people really want since not many made it that far on retail. The prospect of continuing on to TBC is huge also. Naxx is not the end.

Kronos has a lot going for it. It's the total silence in the last 3 months that has people worried. Feels like an opportunity that is slipping away.

I had a low lvl aliance char on Kronos I, only one I can see when I log in now. Any chance I can get my horde chars from Kronos II back instead ?

Top Bottom