• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information Server Merge and Naxxramas

How can you know how the latency is currently if you haven't logged in for weeks?

I'm not sure what they did about the lag, but it has stabilized a lot for me (northeastern Europe) during the past few weeks and the annoying spikes that I used to have during evenings are gone. It's not as good as it was before the initial ddos, but it's gotten a lot better recently.

How can you know how the latency is currently if you haven't logged in for weeks?

I'm not sure what they did about the lag, but it has stabilized a lot for me (northeastern Europe) during the past few weeks and the annoying spikes that I used to have during evenings are gone. It's not as good as it was before the initial ddos, but it's gotten a lot better recently.

I ping the server from cmd instead of logging in, maybe I've been unlucky and pinged it at a bad time, but I haven't seen a decrease in ms worth mentioning.

Last edited:
I ping the server from cmd instead of logging in, maybe I've been unlucky and pinged it at a bad time, but I haven't seen a decrease in ms worth mentioning.

Ping from command line is a whole different story, since it uses different protocol as World of Warcraft does.
Ping uses ICMP, game uses TCP, thus different filtering rules.

Also I'm wondering what address are you pinging. If you ping website - bad. If you ping the realmlist - bad as well since connection to realmlist lasts until you get in the game.

Finally some news where we actually get to hear something solid and precise, thanks for the update. Finally some good decisions too.

Just, please, tells us what kind of War Effort is going on K2.. If it's the 2 months one, everything could be fine, but if it's the infinite one, I'm not sure for how long me and my friends can endure to keep on playing on so low off-raid activity server since we are all PvP oriented players.. We rolled here as a group of about 20-25 players (War Sole guild) during x7 and today we're down to 6-7 because of that.. That downfall happened only in the last 3 months, can't imagine what's gonna happen with the remaining 6-7 of us if K2 War Effort takes half an year to be completed.. And I'm not asking this only because of me and the group of players I'm playing with, most of the server is in the same situation..

Some of those who quit from "our group" said they'd be back if servers got merged and PvP got healthier with it, but I'm afraid that if it takes too long, they gonna try out some alternative options in the meantime, spend a lot of time and effort there and then just stick to it later on regardless of merge.

well, call me a fucking wizzard, but i havent had lag that made the game unplayable in quite some time....
i kind of am fed up with all the fucking cry-babies complaining on lag... 80% of the ppl i know can play this game without any problems. maybe its you guys?
its always the same ppl (during bgs or pve content) that start whining about lag... maybe its your way of having an excuse incase you fuck up? ("oh, the lag was so horrible, could not do anything" ... while the other 35 ppl in the raid had no problems whatsoever...)

now they give us what we want, and first thing you fucks do, is complain about the lag again....comeon...

great annoucement, just dont drag the process out to much, that would make it meaningless.

My name is taken on k1. what happens then?

*edit.

nvm I actually did more than skimming over the post.

Last edited:
Thanks for finally reacting @Devs. I thought you guys would just wait it out for some reason, glad you proved me wrong. But Sarei is right.. if k2 war effort will be as slow as on k1, I fear that will be too late then. Please go for blizzlike war effort. Even that is a bit slow but I could live with that.

Thank you very much for the communication ! The merge, faction change and release of naxx at once are all really great news, really looking forward to it !

However i keep asking my self the same question. Is the war effort on K2 blizzlike or not? Does it start filling it self after 1 month to take in total 2 months max? I am really afraid all this will be too late if we have a 6 months war effort.

When implementing the rules which chars will get flagged for a rename. Please also consider player level (lvl 60 prio) in addition to creation date.

Finally some news where we actually get to hear something solid and precise, thanks for the update. Finally some good decisions too.

Just, please, tells us what kind of War Effort is going on K2.. If it's the 2 months one, everything could be fine, but if it's the infinite one, I'm not sure for how long me and my friends can endure to keep on playing on so low off-raid activity server since we are all PvP oriented players..

Well they did say they plan to release the race-change feature after the merge, in Q2 2017. That suggests that the merge will happen before Q2 2017 is over, i.e. in 6 months or less.

If you are serious about this then you should open those gates asap... Telling people a server merge is months away isn't going to do anything to help

Any more information about TBC transfer to share?

The only information we have is what we have previously mentioned. The Vanilla project will remain so you can play your toons in a Vanilla environment as much as you want. You will be able to transfer a copy of your character to the new TBC server we launch for Kronos progression. We don't have any other specifics at this time.

If you are serious about this then you should open those gates asap... Telling people a server merge is months away isn't going to do anything to help

Perhaps you missed the section of our news article where it states why we aren't doing a merge "right away". Feel free to go back and read it so it will answer your comment :)

There are at least two grammatical errors in the news post.

1. "[FONT=&amp]is getting closer to begin public testing[/FONT]"

2. "the population is not equally distributed amongst the two factions on neither Kronos I nor Kronos II"

Also, this seems to be a mistake, too.
3. "a marquee event in Vanilla"

Perhaps you missed the section of our news article where it states why we aren't doing a merge "right away". Feel free to go back and read it so it will answer your comment :)

I don't know if you are trolling or not. If it's the case you are a master at it.
Considering the information you gave, the merge will happen when gates are open and Cthun at least killed once.
The problem is, K1 had more pop than k2 when AQ War effort started and it still lasted 6-7 months. So if the merge is in 7 months, what the point for us coming back now.

Top Bottom