• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information Server Merge and Naxxramas

/who Only displays 50 people, it is broken on purpose. Addons such as Census(or other addons that display population numbers) do not work either as they depend on /who to be working, /who will leave out players under certain conditions.

At the moment population is only increasing, and there are far beyond 50 players. (We cannot confirm exact numbers, but both servers boast above a thousand players each day, and have very healthy population) Hope that helps

No offense but, if you /who Ironforge and get 43 as a result, i am 100% confident there are 43 players in Ironforge. The /who location isn't broken at all, this was confirmed by many players with a simple way to /who blackwing lair when only one guild is inside and corrolate with Latest Boss Kills data and the same goes for /who guildname.

It makes sense to not publish the population numbers to stay below the radar of Blizzard.

However from a fresh player point of view it just rise the question "Is this server dead or something? It has to be the if numbers are not available"
Now it is far from dead but you guys can't deny that from a pvp perspective it is close it, especially world pvp...

Now... C'thun is dead on K2 and there is still no announcement regarding the merge... Just a quickly reminder, players wannt this merge badly !!! https://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/115948-Merge-K1-and-K2

It makes sense to not publish the population numbers to stay below the radar of Blizzard.
It's an arguable point. The fact is, this is exactly why they don't publish it. /who 1-60 worked to produce some very modest numbers (<700) a year ago. They disabled it right after Nos shutdown. You may agrue if it makes sense or not, but IMO - better safe than sorry.

Anyway, indeed, WTB merge announcement.

I appreciate the passion and anxiousness shown regarding the merge of the servers. I share these too and can't wait for everyone to be under one roof. We've not fully completed everything we need to do on the back end (to ensure the smoothest and as painless of merge as possible). We'd rather make sure everything is done correctly, rather than rushed. We're getting closer, and as soon as we have a timeframe you all will be the first to know!

I appreciate the passion and anxiousness shown regarding the merge of the servers. I share these too and can't wait for everyone to be under one roof. We've not fully completed everything we need to do on the back end (to ensure the smoothest and as painless of merge as possible). We'd rather make sure everything is done correctly, rather than rushed. We're getting closer, and as soon as we have a timeframe you all will be the first to know!

Thanks for the short update! In my opinion the merge should be prio nr. 1 right now (if its not already). If naxx is delayed like two weeks it doesnt matter that much compared to a too late merge

Merger happens when happens. I'm fine with whenever it does.

But what I look at long term is what has been learned about these private server community 'challenges' (Nost bum-rush), and wonder how another similar situation will be handled. Because I see the instability and implosion of private servers as being somewhat of a constant in the whole private server community. Or the potential for it.

I would hate to see Kronos take on another rush by being 'accomodating' and then having to consolidate back in on itself again. That is unstable.

Thanks for the short update! In my opinion the merge should be prio nr. 1 right now (if its not already). If naxx is delayed like two weeks it doesnt matter that much compared to a too late merge

The good thing is Naxx and the merge stuff are two different teams and are the top priority for each team!

- - - Updated - - -

I would hate to see Kronos take on another rush by being 'accomodating' and then having to consolidate back in on itself again. That is unstable.

Well the hardware we were on at the time wasn't good enough to handle it. The hardware we're now on is more than capable to handle it (if that was something to happen). Populations always cycle, and short of a complete server shutdown by another project larger than Rebirth. I don't foresee any huge tsunami on the horizon.

sGfAHjT.gif

Seriously though, what's the hold up.. Everyone expected that the merge happens by now. All people I play with kept on loggin past 2 months knowing that the merge should be done deal as we enter March and that's the only thing that kept them going.. Now that merge ETA is uncertain thing again, people losing hype about it.. This whole week we have only 4-5 members online at peak time in guild, whereas all weeks before since the merge is announced we had like 12-15.

I seriously doubt you guys are unable to pull this merge off from technical stand point. If Feenix managed to do it within few weeks after announcement 2 years ago, for Kronos, who's devs seem way more competent, it should be easy. On the other side, if you're dragging it out on purpose, it's impossible that you can't understand that we are losing with each day without merge. Hype is everything, and once the promised deadline is broken it dies a bit with each new day and that makes the end result to bring us less gain then it should...and Kronos desperately need as much gain as possible.

You guys should`ve used better all the shitshow about Elysium.. With all the pissed people over there and merge here, it could have been really good for us.. But now all the Elysium drama is getting slowly forgotten and still not even ETA on the merge..

Seriously though, what's the hold up.. Everyone expected that the merge happens by now. All people I play with kept on loggin past 2 months knowing that the merge should be done deal as we enter March and that's the only thing that kept them going.. Now that merge ETA is uncertain thing again, people losing hype about it.. This whole week we have only 4-5 members online at peak time in guild, whereas all weeks before since the merge is announced we had like 12-15.

I seriously doubt you guys are unable to pull this merge off from technical stand point. If Feenix managed to do it within few weeks after announcement 2 years ago, for Kronos, who's devs seem way more competent, it should be easy. On the other side, if you're dragging it out on purpose, it's impossible that you can't understand that we are losing with each day without merge. Hype is everything, and once the promised deadline is broken it dies a bit with each new day and that makes the end result to bring us less gain then it should...and Kronos desperately need as much gain as possible.

You guys should`ve used better all the shitshow about Elysium.. With all the pissed people over there and merge here, it could have been really good for us.. But now all the Elysium drama is getting slowly forgotten and still not even ETA on the merge..

100% agreed!

- - - Updated - - -

This thread is 25 pages long. Itbia abput time for a merge ETA before ppl seriously lose their hype. Just be honest with us. Even if it will take some more time

- - - Updated - - -

This thread is 25 pages long. Itbia abput time for a merge ETA before ppl seriously lose their hype. Just be honest with us. Even if it will take some more time

If I am being honest I have been playing elsewhere but still checking every few days here, logging in to see that k2 still exists, disappointed I log out within 5 minutes. I'd be lying if I said that my interest isn't fading but it is still there. I am just your average player, and I'd be willing to bet that I am not the only one doing this very thing.

I don't know what your problem is. It was announced ages ago that merge would not happen before K2 hasn't had 3-4 clears of AQ. That hasn't yet happened. Case closed.

I don't know what your problem is. It was announced ages ago that merge would not happen before K2 hasn't had 3-4 clears of AQ. That hasn't yet happened. Case closed.

If that is still the plan, where is the proplem.in confirming it once more? It happen several time in the past were announced ETAs were not met without any announcement. An update on the.merge progress is all I want.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, 4 guilds have killed ctun 3 times already on K2

Give the admins more time. Giving information to the community is a very very complex process, that takes a very very long time (they already started watching the merge trailer but with their 14.4k modem it takes weeks to watch a minute in HD and even if they find the merge trailer cool, they have to 14.4k it to youtube.).

P.s. khrey nice gif

Top Bottom