• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Priest Shadow Leveling and Healing

Seaside

Hi Guys - In Vanilla, if I level my priest as shadow, will I have difficulty healing in instances while I level?

You will have to drink after every group, but that's probably true for any healer at low levels.

I leveled as shadow and did not even have to drink for any 5 man with the exception being bosses and after buffing.

Just stack some spirit and use your max rank heal. That way you more often have some longer breaks between heals to regenerate mana. In my experience mana is not that much of an issue when healing as shadow at least when you are leveling. I had Meditation as well and tried to use SWP and wand mobs right before they died in hope to get Spirit Tap going.

Just don't downrank heals if you don't have much +heal anyway as you rob yourself from a lot of mana regeneration because you are constantly casting stuff. I only downrank a heal when a heal is necessary but my max rank would cause much overheal. Downranking only becomes important later on, yet I see many leveling priests healing like paladins spamming small (downranked) heals constantly.

In case you don't know 5 seconds after your last cast the mana regeneration from spirit kicks in even if you are still in combat. Try to use this window as much as possible by reducing your casts or bundle them together if you have to cast more than just one spell. Managing your mana properly is a big part of playing a healing class.

Last edited:
Nope, you won't have trouble healing unless the tank is under-leveled, or pulls too much.

At lower levels, you really don't get much of a bonus to healing from Holy or Disc talents; the difference is not noticeable until the late 30s.

Even so, you can safely shadow-heal instances up until Blackrock Depths or so. After that you will want to be Holy. Even in BRD, you could probably get away with shadow-healing most of the instance, but Emp will be a challenge with how obscenely hard he hits.

Top Bottom