• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Paladin Shockadin Scaling

maredasan

Authorized
Greetings,

quick question: do pally spells properly scale with sp here? From what I've read "shockadin" wasn't possible on e.g. feenix cause pally stuff didn't scale with sp, and since I was thinking of going towards that direction I thought I'd ask here first.

Peace

Yes, paladin spells scale properly here. But I'm afraid you will be disappointed if you go "shockadin".

Just go watch the dernos vid, it is viable. Not like u only have to spam holy shocks and judgements on people, but u'r pretty much just as good of a normal heal pally for bgs or w/e.

Just go watch the dernos vid, it is viable. Not like u only have to spam holy shocks and judgements on people, but u'r pretty much just as good of a normal heal pally for bgs or w/e.

the build only seems viable in the vid because of the shard of the fallen star trinket: 0,2% dropchance from aq 40 trash. the video would look alot different if dernos recorded the other 2:58 seconds of fighting when the trinked is on cooldown

Last edited:
The whole build revolves arround T2 8/8, shard is only a bonus.
You can combine full T2 with SoC judgments and stuns. Might even be worth a try to use it with a slow weapon and SoJ.
Anyhow, you will probably drop the idea faster then Jonestown.

the build only seems viable in the vid because of the shard of the fallen star trinket: 0,2% dropchance from aq 40 trash. the video would look alot different if dernos recorded the other 2:58 seconds of fighting when the trinked is on cooldown

That is true but as an alternativ he could the trinket from ramstein.
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=13515
Half the dmg from aq trinket but still not bad with enough spelldmg.
Additionaly the trinket from strath quest or gnomish deathray.
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=13171

Well the idea is u'r a fulltank healer, that can defend himself in 1v1's/burst people down. It's obvious that u can't dish out the same dps as other classes.

Well the idea is u'r a fulltank healer, that can defend himself in 1v1's/burst people down. It's obvious that u can't dish out the same dps as other classes.

Maybe some kind of reckoning/heal hybrid is a good idea.
Stack up reckoning with /sit macro on hunter pets and so on and oneshot a healer once you have the chance to. A good 2hander and you are good to go.

Always go repentance if you are part of any kind of organised PvP. Doesn't matter if you only heal, having that CC is definitely better than having Holy Lol.

This spec isn't rly for organised PvP. :p

And reckoning is a completely different thing, u'd want to go mostly melee dmg with that.

Like I said the idea of Shockadin is that u'r still a completely viable healer.

I love Holy Shock mostly as utility for off-tanking in groups (taunt) and it enables me to get out a little burst if needed with a little luck (Stun > Divine Favour > Holy Shock > Judgement of Command > Hammer of Wrath) but it's really mostly utility and has no significant portion of my damage. At least with the mediocre gear I have. It has its uses but I would not say damage is one.

That is true but as an alternativ he could the trinket from ramstein.
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=13515
Half the dmg from aq trinket but still not bad with enough spelldmg.
Additionaly the trinket from strath quest or gnomish deathray.
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=13171

Ramstein is a 200 dmg hit in a 10 yard radius, which is not very compatible with Holy Shock's range. In Battlegrounds, you would break all CCs.
The trinket from strath quest being Smokey's Lighter requires you to stand still and channel. Don't forget to ask that enemy nicely to stand in front of you for 10 seconds.
Deathray is also channeled and will be interrupted.

Shard of the Fallen Star was used due to the fact that it is instant AND 30 yard range. Also the effect of having a meteor fall on your head (which was never before seen by people playing wow). And the fact that it deals highest damage of these options.

What you're missing is the fact that having a trinket dealing damage is beside the point. Your main trinket to deal damage is ZHC. The build is about burst damage coming from judgement and autocrit shock combo, empowered by amassing spell damage.

We should call it Trinkedin in vanilla :)

You are actually correct, because without the trinket, you're missing the crucial burst component. And if you really want to make it burst, get a load of goblin sapper charges. Ideal setup is Stun -> Judge -> Favor -> Shock -> Sapper Charge -> maxrank Consecration -> Reseal.

Like I said the idea of Shockadin is that u'r still a completely viable healer.
You should watch carefully the fight vs. Warrior in ungoro. That will tell you how viable healer you will be after a single fight. And again, there is no Shockadin on Vanilla.

This is a Shockadin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-GvjWTBv_w

You should watch carefully the fight vs. Warrior in ungoro. That will tell you how viable healer you will be after a single fight. And again, there is no Shockadin on Vanilla.

This is a Shockadin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-GvjWTBv_w

@ Fight in Ungoro, he was face tanking a full geared warri playing with a spelldmg offhand instead of a shield, what dyou expect? Point is u are completely fine healing other people just as any other holadin. No shockadin in vanilla huh, what do u call a holy paly with full spelldmg gear that crits for over 1k? That vid that u posted is no shockadin, its a freakin def pally. Stop smart assing around here please.
The only points u lose in comparison to normal holadins are the ones the holadin puts in def tree, so I don't get why ur saying shockadin can't heal. Not like t2 gear is bad for healing either l0l.

@ frederik: points being discussed are mostly for PvP.

@ serenery: yea, that's what I was trying to say. Therefore wanted to know if scaling work properly here. No further discussion needed about how shockadin doesn't exist or shit like that.

Edit: yea psojed just get out of here, thanks.

Last edited:
I did not play paladin for a long time in TBC because I quit very soon after it was released but looking at the 2 versions of Holy Shock alone I can understand Psojed's point (apart from the way better itemization for paladins in TBC).

Vanilla Rank 1
Avg. Damage: 212.5
Cooldown: 30 sec

TBC Rank 1
Avg. Damage: 288.5
Cooldown: 15 sec

So it seems that Holy Shock got a major buff with the release of TBC making it way more viable to use as damage tool together with Judgement.

From what is my experience having Repentance as second stun is way more useful for PvP as having the burst from Holy Shock. Especially considering that Repentance enables your Judgement of Command to deal double damage as well. And it improves your defensive abilities as it gives you the chance to heal without having to fear that your target interrupts you in any way. Aside from the usefulness of CC in PvP in general.

Last edited:
Players who play ret are not allowed to criticize other players spec choices. This is known.

I do not wish to create a new thread for this simple question

Does Consecration scale properly with 33% of ones attack power and 33% of spell power on this server?

Currently I have a level 20 dwarf paladin with Consecration ticking for 64 damage over the full duration which is what it says on the label of the ability, but where is the scaling from my 200 attack power? If Consecration does not scale on this server its damage will be completely neglible and only usable for tiny threat or as a standard rogue catcher

Top Bottom