• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Showcase: Buff/Debuff Stacking and Changelog 21.09.2014 - 06.10.2014

Strength of buff is defined by rank so - yes, if you have 300 bh and cast rank 5 rejuv, then other druid with 100 bh can rewrite it with rank 5 or higher.

The only question is, if Talents count to this rule so, let's say, renew rank 5 with talent will be rewritable only with renew rank 6 or higher without talents.

does this also regard debuff's such as curse of agony powered by "amplify curse" not being overwritten right after it has been cast by a 2nd non-buffed version ?

Once again Im seeing fixed things that have been buged on absolutely every classic private server ive tried since 2009. Very good job!

Does elixir of the mongoose stack with the blasted lands buff "strike of the scorpok" in this fix?

[video=youtube;idTyV5HnU1c?t=22m49s]http://youtu.be/idTyV5HnU1c?t=22m49s[/video]

At 22:41 in this video you can see Hamstring and Crippling Poison being up at the same time. At 22:45 you see it from the druid PoV as well. Video is from december 2006. You can also find it on wcm.

another video:
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=31177
at 9:02 you see Concussive Shot and Hamstring stacking
at 22:57 you see Curse of Exhaustion and Crippling Poison stacking
at 16:48 you see Frost Trap and Crippling Poison stacking
at 21:30 you see Frost trap blocking Wing Clip from being applied

What im trying to say is that your video seems to indicate that only 1 slow effect can be applied. This is normally correct, but there are many exceptions of cases where 2 slow effects can be applied at the same time.
When i say stack, i don't mean that their effects are combined ofcourse. But if both are applied to the target then that means that abolish poison would not take him from 70% reduction to 0%, but from 70% and down to the hamstring at 50%. - this is quite a big difference to oldschool pvpers who im sure would appreciate these details. After seeing your videos and the seeing the transparency in your bug-reports im impressed at your level of ambition for the server and so i hope this comment don't come across the wrong way.

If you'd be interested i would be able to elaborate on multiple of these exceptions (with video sources obviously), as i've done a lot of research on this specific issue on another private server. If this is of interest, then send me a PM

[video=youtube;idTyV5HnU1c?t=22m49s]http://youtu.be/idTyV5HnU1c?t=22m49s[/video]

At 22:41 in this video you can see Hamstring and Crippling Poison being up at the same time. At 22:45 you see it from the druid PoV as well. Video is from december 2006. You can also find it on wcm.

another video:
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=31177
at 9:02 you see Concussive Shot and Hamstring stacking
at 22:57 you see Curse of Exhaustion and Crippling Poison stacking
at 16:48 you see Frost Trap and Crippling Poison stacking
at 21:30 you see Frost trap blocking Wing Clip from being applied

What im trying to say is that your video seems to indicate that only 1 slow effect can be applied. This is normally correct, but there are many exceptions of cases where 2 slow effects can be applied at the same time.
When i say stack, i don't mean that their effects are combined ofcourse. But if both are applied to the target then that means that abolish poison would not take him from 70% reduction to 0%, but from 70% and down to the hamstring at 50%. - this is quite a big difference to oldschool pvpers who im sure would appreciate these details. After seeing your videos and the seeing the transparency in your bug-reports im impressed at your level of ambition for the server and so i hope this comment don't come across the wrong way.

If you'd be interested i would be able to elaborate on multiple of these exceptions (with video sources obviously), as i've done a lot of research on this specific issue on another private server. If this is of interest, then send me a PM

Thats exactly what I thought too, but I did not have the time to do the research!

I am not sure but that hamstring+crippling poison might be the Improved Hamstring effect (from arms talent tree) + crippling so there you have a root+slow.
Also that concussive shot + hamstring might be Improved concussive shoot+ hamstring so a stun + slow. So the slow effect of the concussive shot is not displayed because you have hamstring. even though both hamstring and concussive shot have 50% speed reduction, hamstring has a longer duration ( 15>4) so there is no logical explanation to remove a 15 sec debuff with a 4s lasting one.

Last edited:
Laintime movies have plenty scenes where hamstring gets removed by crippling. It should definetly overwrite.

Top Bottom