• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Showcase: Creature AI #2 and Changelog 17.08.2014 - 07.09.2014

This is by far the most astonishing vid is saw since old vanilla days.
Playing on so many overrated, imperfect servers made me totally forget how brilliant Blizzards work was they spend for this game.
This is more then just one level above everything seen before!

huldigen.gif

Oh my lord I can't wait to play this server. Just recently left my other server, and won't be starting anywhere else until this is released.

question, lets say i'm a rogue and i get frost nova from mage npc. If i would want to vanish frost nova, will npc instantly reset? Such behavior of mobs will be huge deal for melees and wont affect casters at all

question, lets say i'm a rogue and i get frost nova from mage npc. If i would want to vanish frost nova, will npc instantly reset? Such behavior of mobs will be huge deal for melees and wont affect casters at all

As stated in the video the mobs wont spam you face with root abilities since they all have their designated cooldown. Getting kited a bit wont hurt you much :)
Fruthermore is the damage and armor value broken on most servers which is not the case on Kronos, thus mobs also hit the dirt faster if you manage to close the gap as melee.

Not sure what you mean by vanish, mobs should reset if you are the only one in combat with them. Or do I misunderstand your point?

i think he means something like vanishing a deathcoil, so that the frostnova doesnt hold you.

i think you have to be very fast to hold him back in combat, if you vanish the nova

I don't want to be a party pooper because the AI is impressive (especially the pathing). However, in retail, no mobs ever rooted you and moved away to cast. Mobs would engage you if in range or, if they were out of range, move in a straight line towards you until in range to engage. The only other pathing mechanic was when they tried to run away. Are you trying to make this server blizzlike or are you going to continue to add non-blizzard mechanics like the ones in this video?

Also, I'm pretty sure the mobs on Dreadmist peak didn't have water elementals...especially not two.

I don't want to be a party pooper because the AI is impressive (especially the pathing). However, in retail, no mobs ever rooted you and moved away to cast. Mobs would engage you if in range or, if they were out of range, move in a straight line towards you until in range to engage. The only other pathing mechanic was when they tried to run away. Are you trying to make this server blizzlike or are you going to continue to add non-blizzard mechanics like the ones in this video?

Also, I'm pretty sure the mobs on Dreadmist peak didn't have water elementals...especially not two.

sure you remember vanilla(1.12.1) and not just a private server such as ED ? even the wiki states this information about Sarilus Foulborne. he could have 2-3 water elementals and used frostbolt, when a minion rooted you they would move a bit away if they had ranged attacks, and when they cc'ed you they would stop attacking you and focus their attention on others.

If you read the lore behind him you will know that he is a mage who fills the Mystral Lake in Ashenvale with corrupt water elementals. He is also known as the only undead mage in the barrens able to defile this many elementals.

Last edited:
and how many of you played the offi server giveaway of the Board as he has and does not have to work, so what happened last time, modified, and neither one of them knew how to work , few people read something on wowwiki and it was all.

Then you better re-read some information about Sarilus Foulborne.

even the wiki states this information about Sarilus Foulborne. he could have 2-3 water elementals and used frostbolt, when a minion rooted you they would move a bit away if they had ranged attacks, and when they cc'ed you they would stop attacking you and focus their attention on others.

Ah, I stand corrected about the water elementals. I wasn't 100% sure about that one.

I still don't know where the ideas about the rooting behaviour comes from though. I'm sure if you look at Joana's Vanilla 1-60 guide and the videos you won't find any mobs that exhibit that behaviour. Summoned creatures may be an exception because they may have followed the AI of summoned creatures instead of mobs.

npc's with rooting abilities + ranged aren't that common and so far i can see the only time she fights an enemy with root is in Tanaris when she is doing the chain Q for noggenfogger elixir, since the enemy here doesn't poses ranged it moves in or stays where it can hit. Aside from that there is hardly any cc footage in her video aside from simple stuns etc.

please do tell if you have a video that shows the rooting stupidity of a ranged creature, since i cannot find it :smile:

note: the videos are from 1.10.0 not 1.12.1 so some parts might also be slightly different there

Last edited:
I have played on retail since TBC and all that i can say is - I can't remember. But logic question is - Why should these NPCs have Frost Nova, if they don't use advantage of it?

the area you encountered frost nova the most in vanilla was in silverpine forest around the human mages, end then the few frost mages found around the world or in dungeons.

i played a mage back then so it wasnt much of an issue but i remember since i recall a funny coincidence fighting a rogue, both lvl 60 i knew he was there since he has almost gotten me before but used vanish while i blinked off, i caught the attention of a mage and i could see my demise getting frozen long enough so he could catch up.

luck was on my side, i resisted it and the rogue appeared to have been hit by it since he exited stealth and stood there frozen to the ground, the minion started walking away from him so i thought it had bugged and agroed to him instead of me, but once out of the rogues range it started attacking me further delaying my frost bolts and having the slow on me kinda made it clear there was no escape except bursting him, i ended up winning but the moment i won i got the final frostbolt hit by that mage :sad:

so in a way you could say the creature got a double kill by assisting me and then killing me off after i got him XD

sad yet funny vanilla memories :laugh:

u must be TOTAL OP SKILLER
experience from blizz offi right ?!

Last edited:
Well, if you so good at playing both in writing, so that we have terrible the big one.
Well, look what it says nonsense over and over.
per week have more questions as we for some cell K1 K2
and if so good, so you can do the developer or Gm.
and no, i dont play Troll, he is Ugly
such there was a pile of what a great speech at the forum plans etc. in the game and could not or complex groups or the pull gun
sorry for true but i love big guys in forum and ingame question......why dont work summon MS ?? .....

Last edited:
Well, if you so good at playing both in writing, so that we have terrible the big one.
Well, look what it says nonsense over and over.
per week have more questions as we for some cell K1 K2
and if so good, so you can do the developer or Gm.
and no, i dont play Troll, he is Ugly
such there was a pile of what a great speech at the forum plans etc. in the game and could not or complex groups or the pull gun
sorry for true but i love big guys in forum and ingame question......why dont work summon MS ?? .....

i vote for a legend status, this text is just awesome.. please make him a forum legend ^^

Maybe it would be a good idea to link the video I posted in the showcase video description on youtube. A lot of people seem to be in doubt that NPCs should be able to act more smartly tham themselves.

Top Bottom