• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Showcase: Creature AI #2 and Changelog 17.08.2014 - 07.09.2014

And you know that half of those things at all mobs do not do?!
this is new script or any copy paste from any hybrid script ? ,and this script used for all mobs in world or .....
Kentaur in barrens, net, storm, storm, storm, storm, run back, net, storm, storm and player dead.
AI in dungeon and instances, ok....... but lvl 12 13 mob kite me as pro player, is much.

But who is with us to talk about how it is to work from...!?!

Last edited:
Usually mobs with root effects are melee. Pulling 2 kinds of centaurs can cause you trouble though.

The problem is from here that AI was not at all the official server.whose idea was it?We are talking about the older community and .... what is this crap
and if it applies to all mobs in the world and God forbid even in this instance. then gl hf.
unplayable
One thing is that it looks nice and it's never, but it also never been

Last edited:
Are you not able to read comments or did you just not bother to?
Its been proven that this is correct and has never been any other way. You will not see this happen all the time while leveling, but on some occasions. Its not as bad as you make it sound lol

so we add to the game thing that never existed in wow, ( now i mean this world AI) it is amazing just gave thumbs up....:blink:this is a fabrication this AI....pitty
in the video it looks nice from me there mob kit as players, but you'll see in the game will actually be a little different, you can not do just redesigning artificial intelligence in the game world when no extra or not, or is there a video before the 8 years ago where it was shown something similar? No it is not, because it is ,,&^%$#,,
in closed instances and dungeons is AI normal and ok, but world...last my post. dosrali ste to dobre a klidne mi dejte i ban za CZ psani, cus.

Last edited:
why? u did not ask how to file for this to work really? what it is for defense how many characters i exp there, the point is that even if you here from developer Blizzard claimed from it despite lacking a further 50x15-year-old boy told that it was cool so do not listen to him anyway.
when I write of 20 characters, it will help !?!
and do not ask me how I played the offi .... ask it here tech tester and children around .... or just do the voting.
mostly dominate minorities, and if it's wrong....

Last edited:
I am asking, because you say that this is not how it worked on official server. How do you know that?

I, for example, levelled a tauren shaman on offi during vanilla and I don't remember anything from that time. That was 9 years ago, how could I?

Last edited:
Sivul have you seen the provided sources? Have you?

If no, please stop writing non-sense here. However, if you have seen them by any chance, please check them again, then close this page, and think about yourself a bit.

no I do not, because it never was :biggrin:. ok np, gl hf...and sry for help, never more.

Last edited:
Just to cool down your little heart, here they are:

The first creature Sarilus Foulborne is intended to kite players.
I tried him has as a 24 warrior, having soloed mobs above my level with reasonable confidence previously, but he killed me with full health 3 times in a row. What he does is summon a bunch of the water elementals as mentioned above, then run 20-30 yards away and pelt you with frostbolts, periodically pausing to summon more elementals. The frostbolts make it very hard to chase him, and he's immune to Hamstring (and Charge).

I've done this on other toons and don't remember having any problem. This time on my level 24 druid, it took me five attempts to kill him. His level 25 elementals beat the crap out of you if you ignore them and he'll frostbolt you and run away if you get in melee range. If you spend time trying to kill the elementals, he'll just summon more.

Here is a proof for the generic runaway:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EypbujTucuw&t=3m25s Crimson Mage uses Frost Nova then runs away to cast Fireball

yes but this mob is IN dungeon where any mobs have AI, cuz there u have more as 2 3 players and u can w8 any logic AI reaction from mobs. or have u video from World from offi or official or, where kite mobs players ? and use more tactics as player ?!?
is crap apply one type AI from Strat to mobs in world, unlogic. but it is cool. unplayed, but cool.
u can check after ingame how it work in real,bye.

Last edited:
Sometimes I wish I could facepalm.

Edit: ok, to keep it fair, some more text. You refused to check the evidence. After you finally checked it, you refused to believe in it. At this point of the discussion, I think that the burden of proof lies with the critics. You are asking for evidence for such mob behaviour in the open world. I tried to find some, but there are very few creatures with CC abilities such as frost nova, and in addition to that many of them are melee mobs. Just claiming that you are right won't get you anywhere. Try to find proof if you are so convinced.

Last edited:
ac2b112083c6206d2124a4b365d1b428.jpg

It depends. The Dalaran Wizards are one of the few mobs who have both a root effect and are casters. Thus they make use of their ability.
The skelettons in Andorhal only have casts, but not root. If you now aggro another mob, like the spiders, that have a root. The skelletons will also make us of that CC.
Another example are the Gnolls in Redrige. There are Mystics and Basher. Mystics are only ranged casters with no other abilities. If you engage it melee it will stand still and cast.
But if you now aggro a Basher too and that Basher stuns you, the Mystic will run away a bit.

While leveling you won't encounter it too often.

For Sivul, i have just tested this "kiting" mechanic on Retail on Darcrest Siren (I know it's TBC content and Retail is now MoP). But on actual retail, they act just like that - freeze you and then try to get out of mele range to cast Frost bolts.

I assume, that this feature existed in wow from the begining, because why would blizzard bother to give to some caster NPCs ranged attack and ability to root you if they will not use it?

[video=youtube;iBOYeeimqHg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBOYeeimqHg&spfreload=10[/video]

5:40

All mobs ran away from their target if they were ranged and the player was rooted/stunned, not just special ones with frost nova etc.

Amazing, I always took functional and working mobs for granted. I did indeed notice ED mobs feel and walk kinda wonky at times...

Last edited:
Sorry for necroposting, but does anyone know the name of the song ?
Can't find it. :no:

Top Bottom